Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
I guess UPS will have to put the gas surcharge back. Thanks to Joe. The US was energy independent prior to January 20, 2021.
As the sole UPS sales member on this forum let me make one thing clear: IT NEVER LEFT. We have been scalping customers on gas surcharges since it was created in the 2000's. How the hell do you think we can afford a union??
Plastics, petrochemicals, how do you replace those?
That's not the point; goal is to eliminate pollution from vehicle exhaust, specifically personal vehicles (276 million of those in the US alone). Oil will always have a place in an energy sector, any rational person will attest to that (the bulk of the electricity to charge those cars will come from oil obviously). Oil lobby/wall street just seethes at the idea of giving up that sweet, sweet domestic gas pump profit.

COAL is KING---bring back coal.
Only for BBQ's and for emergency use in winter zones, otherwise no, hell no. Save me that 'green coal' hogwash

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As the sole UPS sales member on this forum let me make one thing clear: IT NEVER LEFT. We have been scalping customers on gas surcharges since it was created in the 2000's. How the hell do you think we can afford a union??

That's not the point; goal is to eliminate pollution from vehicle exhaust, specifically personal vehicles (276 million of those in the US alone). Oil will always have a place in an energy sector, any rational person will attest to that (the bulk of the electricity to charge those cars will come from oil obviously). Oil lobby/wall street just seethes at the idea of giving up that sweet, sweet domestic gas pump profit.

Only for BBQ's and for emergency use in winter zones, otherwise no, hell no. Save me that 'green coal' hogwash
Good luck charging 276 million vehicles! We might need more solar panels.