Gas up again!

tourists24

Yesterday here in Western NC price was at 3.59 where I am.... today a lot of stations were simply out... the couple I found open had regular at 4.19

sx2700

Banned
People are :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing stupid. Hoarding gas?!? What the hell? So they rush out to wait in line to fill up today. What's the point if there really is a shortage? So they get to drive a day longer than the guy that stayed home and drank a beer instead.

drewed

Shankman
You cant hord THAT much gas, sorry I cant picture people filling up 5 gallon gas cans in any signifigant number when it would take 3ish to fill up the smallest cars. And Id hope youd get pulled over if you were found to have a pick up truck bed full of tanks....

pemanager

The price was $4.17 at 8:30 tonight in Illinois (Suburbs - not Chicago) not $5.00 - although that was up 20 cents from yesterday.

You cant hord THAT much gas, sorry I cant picture people filling up 5 gallon gas cans in any signifigant number when it would take 3ish to fill up the smallest cars. And Id hope youd get pulled over if you were found to have a pick up truck bed full of tanks....

i also bet you would hope the cop would beat him and take him to a concentration camp for being unruly. you are weak.

25yrvet

Just went DOWN to 3.32 Friday. It helps having a brand new station opening in town this month. I hate to use the term, because it's nothing like the old days, but yes, we are having a gas war in our little town.

drewed

Shankman
i also bet you would hope the cop would beat him and take him to a concentration camp for being unruly. you are weak.

:censored2::censored2::censored2: are you talking about?
great another crackpot i need to have a come to jesus talk with.
BBAG got straightened out
Crazy tree left...
Now its time for you great thanks, i was hoping for an era of good feelings

paidslave

On april 1st a barrel of oil was $100 and the average gas price was $3.26. It's amazing how it can go up so fast and yet drop so slow. It's all a big scam.

The refineries converting oil to gas may be demolished. Interesting only 12 are in the path of this storm!

Gas companys should have insurance and this is really gouging at the very least!

Makes alot of sense to have refinerys near shore! It would make to much sense to Build new ones inland.

rod

Retired 22 years

Gas nowdays is only good for about 2 to 4 weeks before it starts to turn to something like varnish. The landfills are full of weedeaters and lawnmowers that wouldn't start because the gas in them got "old". Stabil or Seafoam helps

drewed

Shankman
Gas nowdays is only good for about 2 to 4 weeks before it starts to turn to something like varnish. The landfills are full of weedeaters and lawnmowers that wouldn't start because the gas in them got "old". Stabil or Seafoam helps

Thanks I was going to point that out I didnt know the specifics tho:knockedout:

looper804

Is it time to go home yet

I remember during the gas crunch in the 70's my dad kept a 50 gallon drum filled with gas in the backyard.

JustTired

free at last.......
Funny how every little thing causes gas to go up. I guess we didn't have hurricanes 20-30 years ago.

I've got an idea..........let's do some more off-shore drilling so when these storms hit there will be more platforms to damage. And should we get a season with no hurricanes, what will be the excuse then? CEO of Exxon got a hangnail? That ought to be good for about $.20/gal.

We're being played and there is nothing we can do about it. At least not until our government acts in our best interest and not the oil companies. Heck, when gas was .25/gal, they used to fill your tank for you, clean the windshield and check the oil.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember during the gas crunch in the 70's my dad kept a 50 gallon drum filled with gas in the backyard.

I can recall the "odd/even" system that they used, the long lines and the fights.

We had a radio station locally which ran a gas promotion in which they took $1 off the price per gallon. However, that was only for 1 hour and there was a 20 gallon limit. I guess they had quite a mess on their hands. People were in line, some overnight, just to save $20. As SX said, stay home, relax, have a beer.

$2/gallon gas is a distant memory. Will $3/gallon become the same?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I just was out and drove past a few gas stations.The world must be coming to an end.Lines were 4 cars deep at each pump.The power of the media is at work again.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our President Mr. Oil Man was on this morning assuring the nation they will be keeping an eye on price gauging. Did he mean now during the storm or the last several years?

:censored2::censored2::censored2: are you talking about?
great another crackpot i need to have a come to jesus talk with.
BBAG got straightened out
Crazy tree left...
Now its time for you great thanks, i was hoping for an era of good feelings

Who made you ward of the nuthouse? Now keep your trap shut and bring me my meds:happy2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I keep a stash of about 60 gallons in 5 gal. cans in a shed in my backyard. I have used this gas after storing it for 18 months and it was just fine. As long as the gas is stored in an airtight container it will not collect moisture.
I also have an old truck that sits for weeks or months at a time without being driven, and in 6 years I have never had a problem with the gas in it turning to varnish. It has 2 tanks and I keep them both full to prevent moisture from condensing in the tank.