Gay Pride

moreluck

golden ticket member
This isn't gay pride, it's stupidity & disrespect.............

Gay Activists Invited By Obama Flip Off Portrait Of Ronald Reagan During White House Visit, “Yeah, **** Reagan”…

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This isn't gay pride, it's stupidity & disrespect.............

Gay Activists Invited By Obama Flip Off Portrait Of Ronald Reagan During White House Visit, “Yeah, **** Reagan”…

Looks like even gutter weasal had to pull its phoney photo of the net.

Go figure.

PEACE

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
This one's from the Weekly Standard....

Activists Take Out Frustration on ... Ronald Reagan | The Weekly Standard

bbsam

Staff member
I think it shows great disrespect.....his wife is still alive, but nobody seems to take that into consideration.

Probably, but it goes with the territory. I doubt there isn't a president alive in office or out, alive or dead who hasn't been disrespected.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, it turns out the white house didn't care for the behavior much....so, as TOS tried to imply,it wasn't a fake picture and appeared many places and it wasn't stipped from WZ as he implied.

The White House on Friday rebuked two visitors who were photographed last week at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue flipping the middle finger below a portrait of the late President Ronald Reagan.

The guests had been invited to a reception last Friday marking gay pride month. The images of them -- with both middle fingers raised, pointing up toward Reagan -- were first published by Philadelphia Magazine
external-link.png
The White House did not approve.

"While the White House does not control the conduct of guests at receptions, we certainly expect that all attendees conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Most all do," Shin Inouye, a White House spokesman, said. "These individuals clearly did not. Behavior like this doesn’t belong anywhere, least of all in the White House."

Photographer Zoe Strauss and Matty Hart, national director for public engagement at the group Solutions for Progress, had posted the images of themselves to Facebook.
Hart, under his, wrote simply: "friend--- Reagan."

He later posted a link on his Facebook page to the Philadelphia Magazine piece about their gesture.
Neither Strauss nor Hart have responded to FoxNews.com for comment.

Hart, though, defended his gesture in the Philadelphia Magazine article. "Ronald Reagan has blood on his hands," he said. "The man was in the White House as AIDS exploded."

Hart said he doesn't care if he's not invited back to the White House.

A third guest, Philadelphia publisher Mark Segal, was also photographed next to George W. Bush's portrait, but used a more tasteful thumbs-up in his picture. He told Philadelphia Magazine he has friends in the White House and "I'm not going to do something that could embarrass them."

Read more: White House rebukes guests who flipped bird at Reagan portrait | Fox News

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it shows great disrespect.....his wife is still alive, but nobody seems to take that into consideration.

I didn't realize President Nancy was still alive. Is she still into all that voo-doo and fortune telling stuff she was into when she was running the White House and Ronnie was in la-la land?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I do the same every time I ride past the Reagan Library on my way to Simi Valley Harley? Lots of people do that, whats the big deal?

Peace

TOS
This was at the white house. It would be similiar to someone coming into your house and taking a dump on your new beige carpet. Outside in public you can make faces at mosques and give the raspberries........nobody cares, but in the white house there should be decorum.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The White House and everything in it, including the salaries of all occupants past and present, is/was paid for by the taxpayers. It's not "their house" and "their beige carpet" it's our house and our beige carpet. This is not a dictatorship where the leaders must be venerated, these politicians made a choice to be public figures and giving them the finger is a uniquely American right of expression.

over9five

Staff member
The White House and everything in it, including the salaries of all occupants past and present, is/was paid for by the taxpayers. It's not "their house" and "their beige carpet" it's our house and our beige carpet. This is not a dictatorship where the leaders must be venerated, these politicians made a choice to be public figures and giving them the finger is a uniquely American right of expression.
So it's a right, I'll agree with that. But does a normal person express this right IN the White House?

You can take the person out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the person...