Gender discrimination at U.P.S.?

Ashell

I think it has more to do with Equal Opportunity, and minority quotas. Even in the hub, many women work in small sort or on the ramp ect, Most of the loading is done by men or masculine women. I see some attractive girls down stairs, but they get babied a little, for some of them. I am not saying all women.

Part what happens is as new hires they will quit, which is a ding for HR. So the tell them to come back and do something more easy. Part of it is if they quit, they don't have their quota. As far as driving goes I wouldn't know, but I remember seeing something about, suitable work for age and gender considerations.

Irishman Collins

I believe the language says the company will give due consideration to age and physical condition. I don't believe it says anyting about gender consideration.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I believe the language says the company will give due consideration to age and physical condition. I don't believe it says anyting about gender consideration.

Sent using BrownCafe App

But doesn't that language open the door for management to make accommodations for a female driver by virtue of her stature, without mentioning gender?
Some of the hardest working guys I work with are female.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

Bubblehead, a 130lb man and a 130 pound female both age 22. Who do u think will be given the easier non bid route for the day? Just saying.........

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Range

In too deep
Of course gender discrimination exists at UPS. One example would be a woman "not wanting" to do a particular in-hub job. On a daily basis I see the same core group of females doing things their seniority shouldn't allow. If a man told his supervisor "I don't want to load" he would be walked out. Yes, these particular women are good looking. I am also having sex with two of the women in question. Even so, it is not right.

Irishman Collins

Range, you are absolutely right. If a man had refused to do any work after being directed to do so by management he would be walked out. I have found that if a female driver is good looking it is even worse. Another question if a 52 year old male 25 year driver and a 25 year old female 2 year driver were extra drivers who would get the easier non bid route? It's simple to me the female would especially if she was somewhat attractive.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

There is actually I believe in the national contract that states something like, the employer has to take into perspective the physical condition of the employee. I don't have it in front of me but I think that there is some type of language that relates to that.
Article 37 Section 1(a) says
The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.

Range, you are absolutely right. If a man had refused to do any work after being directed to do so by management he would be walked out. I have found that if a female driver is good looking it is even worse. Another question if a 52 year old male 25 year driver and a 25 year old female 2 year driver were extra drivers who would get the easier non bid route? It's simple to me the female would especially if she was somewhat attractive.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Easy. The 52 year old male driver would get the easier route. How is this discriminating.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/jane-union-special-treatment.354416/
Here ya go. Yes we get special treatment. My coffee is in the cup holder, warm and steaming every morning, my truck is started so it will warm up. My truck is spotless, my windshield clean, all packages light, and I never EVER work over 8 hrs. I get more paid days, and I call off at least 3 times a month, and no one says a word.
They order me special under armour, I get my choice of routes, always take the one with nothing but hummingbirds and butterflies all day long. No crazy heavy pick ups, or bulk stops. Nothing ever over 70.
If it is too hot, or too cold or if God forbid there is a snow storm, they just call me and tell me to stay home. I have never, EVER missed a special event, because I am a woman and I cannot be deprived.
I only achieved 19 yrs of safe driving because I hardly ever work. When I pull my truck in at night, someone takes if from me, cleans it, unloads my air, puts fuel in it, puts a mint on my dashboard, and does my check in. Has my personal vehicle warming up, or cooling off and I simply get out of my work vehicle and get shuttled to my vehicle.
Life is good when you are a female at UPS.

10 point

Here ya go. Yes we get special treatment. My coffee is in the cup holder, warm and steaming every morning, my truck is started so it will warm up. My truck is spotless, my windshield clean, all packages light, and I never EVER work over 8 hrs. I get more paid days, and I call off at least 3 times a month, and no one says a word.
They order me special under armour, I get my choice of routes, always take the one with nothing but hummingbirds and butterflies all day long. No crazy heavy pick ups, or bulk stops. Nothing ever over 70.
If it is too hot, or too cold or if God forbid there is a snow storm, they just call me and tell me to stay home. I have never, EVER missed a special event, because I am a woman and I cannot be deprived.
I only achieved 19 yrs of safe driving because I hardly ever work. When I pull my truck in at night, someone takes if from me, cleans it, unloads my air, puts fuel in it, puts a mint on my dashboard, and does my check in. Has my personal vehicle warming up, or cooling off and I simply get out of my work vehicle and get shuttled to my vehicle.
If you're transgender do they just unload half your airs? :)

oldngray

nowhere special

When did you transfer to the BOG?

oldupsman

What took you so long?