General President's health failing?

I don't see a strong future,my friend.
The Gop has waged a war on unions since Right To work and the Taft Hartley ace. And really always before that. You think it's crazy that 30% vote? Just imagine how man union members teamsters vote gop and will make an argument that democrats suck as well. I know they both suck but the GOP want to rid th United States of unions all together.

The Gop has waged a war on unions since Right To work and the Taft Hartley ace. And really always before that. You think it's crazy that 30% vote? Just imagine how man union members teamsters vote gop and will make an argument that democrats suck as well. I know they both suck but the GOP want to rid th United States of unions all together.
Our own members and leadership are doing a pretty darn good job of killing the union.

Irishman Collins

Do you think that ups thinks that they got over on the teamsters in contract negotiations......they are paying drivers top dollar in the industry......they are paying benefits at top dollar in the industry and as drivers we make more money in some cases than the people that supervise us......what delivery company pays more?
Hell yes, they got it over on our negotiators. It was like stealing candy from a baby.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
While traveling throughout this country and talking to several Teamsters. I am continually hearing that Jimmy ' s mental state is slipping. There are stories of missed work due to illness and that he has mentally slipped to a point where sometimes he is hard to understand. Whereas his words are mumbled and his thoughts are incomplete. It does seem likely, I mean after all he is 75 years old isn't he? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I mean 75 is getting up there in age. Honestly, with or without his mental sharpness isn't 75 a bit old to be General President any way?
Jimmy who?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Sorry I don't lie to you and tell you what you want to hear to try and make you feel good......I tell you the truth
You act like because you make X dollars an hour and get X benefits, you should shut up and stop complaining.

You have never worked at UPS, have you.

Nice name though.

Since you have no clue as to what we do, let me tell you a few things.

PT is a revolving door.

They bring them into my building in groups of 30 about once or twice a month.

Because no one wants to work that hard for $10 an hour, and end up quitting.

Great job H and H on raising the starting wage at UPS a whole 50 cents in 17 years.

And a company that made $400 million in profits shouldn't get away with crying about healthcare for its employees.

Great job there too.........not.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
PT is a revolving door.

They bring them into my building in groups of 30 about once or twice a month.

Because no one wants to work that hard for $10 an hour, and end up quitting.

They end up quitting.... because the majority just don't want to work, period.

10 years ago the company had a "clean in, clean out" policy for cell phones. (for part-timers)

They used to discharge them for texting or using their phone while on the clock.

Now it's pretty much a free-for-all. Including supervisors.

The problem is the generation.

Next thing ya know, they will be protesting for "safe areas" in the building....

free from the oppression of management. :biggrin:

Should they be paid more ? Sure.

But, until they start voting and not quitting.... nothing is going to change for them.

That's just a fact of life. The priority will be for the full-timers.

And a company that made $400 million in profits shouldn't get away with crying about healthcare for its employees.

It always leaves me scratching my head, when people complain about the company making money.

Don't we want them to ? And, because they do, they should have to give it all to the employees ?

I laugh when people say "well, we do all the work".

And.... you are compensated for it. No more, no less. I just don't get the mentality.

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They end up quitting.... because the majority just don't want to work, period.

10 years ago the company had a "clean in, clean out" policy for cell phones. (for part-timers)

They used to discharge them for texting or using their phone while on the clock.

Now it's pretty much a free-for-all. Including supervisors.

The problem is the generation.

Next thing ya know, they will be protesting for "safe areas" in the building....

free from the oppression of management. :biggrin:

Should they be paid more ? Sure.

But, until they start voting and not quitting.... nothing is going to change for them.

That's just a fact of life. The priority will be for the full-timers.

It always leaves me scratching my head, when people complain about the company making money.

Don't we want them to ? And, because they do, they should have to give it all to the employees ?

I laugh when people say "well, we do all the work".

And.... you are compensated for it. No more, no less. I just don't get the mentality.

-Bug-
I know people who have quit to be roofers.

You saying roofers don't work?

It's crap pay and you know it.

The only people that can afford to work at UPS part time are living with mommy and daddy, because the job doesn't pay enough to live any where else.