Generation Snowflake Feeling Entitled

rickyb

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff Aug 1

Rightists say “no income if able-bodied don’t work.” But in capitalism, big incomes (rent, dividends, capital gains, interest) go to owners who need not and often do not work. Extreme hypocrisy of rightist ideology.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
poor ppl ie who work and are still poor aka a good portion of America.

theyre wealthy bc they got u to stop thinking for yourself, and they started thinking for you

you-cant-have-capitalism-without-racism-you-cant-operate-a-2706788.png

What a crock .

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

Rightists say “no income if able-bodied don’t work.” But in capitalism, big incomes (rent, dividends, capital gains, interest) go to owners who need not and often do not work. Extreme hypocrisy of rightist ideology.
The “need not and often do not” usually put in years and years of hard work to get to that point.

Envy is not a good look.

rickyb

The “need not and often do not” usually put in years and years of hard work to get to that point.

Envy is not a good look.
or theyre born rich, or inherit. or bribe politicians for money. or they get wealthy when they shouldn't like google, facebook, big oil, etc. or they price gouge or are monopolies

I think in my case a lot of my wealth will be just from inheritance. makes little econ difference if I work in a hospital or something worse. im gonna do it bc I want to.

capitalism is not a good look.

Last edited:

vantexan

or theyre born rich, or inherit. or bribe politicians for money. or they get wealthy when they shouldn't like google, facebook, big oil, etc. or they price gouge or are monopolies

I think in my case a lot of my wealth will be just from inheritance. makes little econ difference if I work in a hospital or something worse. im gonna do it bc I want to.

capitalism is not a good look.
Have you never considered that jobs are there because they're necessary? Someone has to do the work. The wealthy are usually that way because someone came up with an idea, and worked very hard to bring that idea to the market, and in doing so created jobs for others so that they too can exist. It's how the world functions. Either you're doing necessary work like working in a hospital, or work created that makes things better for others, such as developing drugs used in that hospital. It's an endless array of options with people doing well because they found a niche and are making the most of it. For some reason you think doing halfassed quality work for others somehow makes you worthy of a good life. You have to strive, be your best to be rewarded. Do you honestly believe if you aren't trying to achieve quality work in a co-op that they'll just carry you? They'll kick you out. Their livelihood depends on every member doing their best. Get bounced out and you may find it harder to get taken in to another co-op. What you don't seem to get is human nature won't change. If co-ops are truly the way to go the markets will shift to that. But so far they haven't and most likely never will. But if they do you will still be expected to hold up your end of things. If you aren't willing to work hard in a capitalist system then what makes you believe you'll be a better worker in a co-op system? Do workers get exploited in a capitalist system no matter how hard they work? Absolutely. Will workers be better off in a co-op system? They'll have to produce products that people will buy. They'll have to invest in the equipment necessary to produce those products. They'll have to deal with middle men and distribution networks. In the end in order for them to achieve anything it will be necessary for every worker to work really hard with no guarantees. Think you'll hold up in such a system? If your coworkers have families they will demand every worker gives 110%+. Be careful what you wish for. And try to learn from other's mistakes.

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...

Somewhere down that line, someone DID work to achieve that financial stability, and like it or not it IS work to maintain that positive result.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you aren't willing to work hard in a capitalist system then what makes you believe you'll be a better worker in a co-op system?
I figured his point is, in a co-op system he would be incentivized to actually give a crap about his job because he would feel he is being rewarded properly for the work and have somewhat of a say in how it is operated.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

You post some of the dumbest stuff ... I've come to believe you are trolling because no one is as stupid as the stuff you post.

vantexan

I figured his point is, in a co-op system he would be incentivized to actually give a crap about his job because he would feel he is being rewarded properly for the work and have somewhat of a say in how it is operated.
And if he has to work hard and the pay turns out to not be so great?