George Floyd

Mutineer

Chauvin did not care about Floyd's condition or much less wether Floyd died or not.
I don't disagree with that. Then it will come down to what killed Floyd first.
Floyd's underlying health issues exacerbated by the drugs in his system.
Or Chauvin's knee.

MAKAVELI

I don't disagree with that. Then it will come down to what killed Floyd first.
Floyd's underlying health issues exacerbated by the drugs in his system.
Or Chauvin's knee.
Wether someone has underlying conditions or has drugs in their system really doesn't give Chauvin a pass on excessive force. Chauvin made the decision to use excessive force on someone who was subdued and obviously struggling at the moment medically. Police officers are trained on both force and medical care. Chauvin chose to ignore the medical care part of his training resulting in Floyd's death.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
“innumerable soft fragments of gray-white food particulate matter resembling bread.”

If they still have George Floyd’s stomach content samples, they need to test that for drugs. I see no mentioning of testing the “gray-white food particulate matter resembling bread”.
Came out in pre-trial hearings today that after a previous arrest, chewed up drugs were found in the squad car that took him to jail. They were tested and came back with his dna.

This idiot has a history of eating his drugs when the cops show up. Guess what, the judge is blocking the defense from bringing that up. They're filing a written appeal to that but they'll probably lose.

El Correcto

god is dead
Came out in pre-trial hearings today that after a previous arrest, chewed up drugs were found in the squad car that took him to jail. They were tested and came back with his dna.

This idiot has a history of eating his drugs when the cops show up. Guess what, the judge is blocking the defense from bringing that up. They're filing a written appeal to that but they'll probably lose.
“said that her nephew’s drug use and past mistakes weren’t good reasons for him to die.”

If by past drug use you mean the :censored2:ing day of his death than yes, that absolutely is a reason to die.

Mutineer

Wether someone has underlying conditions or has drugs in their system really doesn't give Chauvin a pass on excessive force. Chauvin made the decision to use excessive force on someone who was subdued and obviously struggling at the moment medically. Police officers are trained on both force and medical care. Chauvin chose to ignore the medical care part of his training resulting in Floyd's death.
Ok. Chauvin used "excessive force." Maybe Chauvin also has poor hygiene, worships the Devil, and is mean to children, old people, and animals. None of that means anything and the question still remains: What killed Floyd first? Chauvin or the drugs? That will be for the medical examiner to decide.

MAKAVELI

Ok. Chauvin used "excessive force." Maybe Chauvin also has poor hygiene, worships the Devil, and is mean to children, old people, and animals. None of that means anything and the question still remains: What killed Floyd first? Chauvin or the drugs? That will be for the medical examiner to decide.
Wether it's a bullet or a knee to head makes no difference. Except for those trying to justify a killing of a black man......

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
“said that her nephew’s drug use and past mistakes weren’t good reasons for him to die.”

If by past drug use you mean the *ing day of his death than yes, that absolutely is a reason to die.
The prosecution has listed over 300 witnesses.
362 total between the prosecution and defense.

Seems like they're gonna be spending a lot of time trying to say he didn't overdose. Pretty clear he did.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

The tell-tale signs of the type of trauma that is done to the throat in the cases where the knee to the neck does cause death are absent in Floyd's case, but so are the tell-tale signs of a drug overdose, as far as exterior signs. His lungs were two pounds heavier than average due to adema almost definitely caused by the fentanyl. The most likely meaning is that he died from the drugs with an atypical presentation of fentanyl overdose, so even a cop trained to look for the usual signs would have missed it.

Eighth circuit court of appeals already ruled that knee to neck is not excessive force, and is justified for cops to use in the performance of their duties, and said cops can't be sued for using it even if it results in death. In the case they ruled on, the death of the detainee was proved to have been a direct result of the technique, and the officer involved used it for around 16 minutes.

This is all political theater. The media can't control the evidence presented in actual court like they can in the court of public opinion. It's unfortunate that Floyd died, and Chauvin may actually be a dirty cop, but those two things do not make him guilty of murder or manslaughter.

MAKAVELI

The tell-tale signs of the type of trauma that is done to the throat in the cases where the knee to the neck does cause death are absent in Floyd's case, but so are the tell-tale signs of a drug overdose, as far as exterior signs. His lungs were two pounds heavier than average due to adema almost definitely caused by the fentanyl. The most likely meaning is that he died from the drugs with an atypical presentation of fentanyl overdose, so even a cop trained to look for the usual signs would have missed it.

Eighth circuit court of appeals already ruled that knee to neck is not excessive force, and is justified for cops to use in the performance of their duties, and said cops can't be sued for using it even if it results in death. In the case they ruled on, the death of the detainee was proved to have been a direct result of the technique, and the officer involved used it for around 16 minutes.

This is all political theater. The media can't control the evidence presented in actual court like they can in the court of public opinion. It's unfortunate that Floyd died, and Chauvin may actually be a dirty cop, but those two things do not make him guilty of murder or manslaughter.
A knee to the neck for nearly 9 min while subdued is excessive force. Ttku...

vantexan

Continuing the same whataboutism does not prove one's innocence.
Accusing using whataboutism to avoid answering tough questions seems to be popular. I never said he was innocent. But going ballistic over every black death at the hands of whites when black on black murder is 90% of all black murders seems to be more about hating whites than making positive change for your neighborhoods.

vantexan

Tell that to the 8th circuit court of appeals. It's not my opinion that matters, or yours.
Is there a broad statute that covers every scenario? I don't think it was murder but depraved indifference and negligent homicide are real crimes. When a man is passed out, urine flowing from him, and you don't let up until the ambulance arrives(who called the ambulance?)it seems to be extremely excessive. If the police called the ambulance knowing he would need one then there seems to have been an intent to hurt Floyd or at least knowledge that it could lead to needing an ambulance.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I heard that people are commenting on the facial expressions of the police officers involved, cold or indifferent were some of the observations. The Worst job in America right now is law enforcement, these officers face it everyday the destruction of individuals who bought into a culture of drug abuse and victim mentality that dominates most of our larger cities.

If I was in law enforcement and subject to the worst examples of human behavior I would lose my humanity is a second and make errs in judgement out of anger. Place yourselves in these officers circumstances..George Floyd was high as a kite and clearly resisted arrest, he had priors and the officers knew his MO, and have heard it before. They thought he was just playing the game by him stating the he could not breath. Another factor would be that it occurred at the height of this COVID pandemic no one was wearing masks at that time. It could of influenced the indifference of the officers who were probably on the edge already, in simple terms they were feed up with stupid decisions by arrested individuals that would put them and their families at risk.

If Floyd would of quietly followed the officer’s orders he would be alive today...His drug addiction finally did him in...

fishtm2001

I heard that people are commenting on the facial expressions of the police officers involved, cold or indifferent were some of the observations. The Worst job in America right now is law enforcement, these officers face it everyday the destruction of individuals who bought into a culture of drug abuse and victim mentality that dominates most of our larger cities.

If I was in law enforcement and subject to the worst examples of human behavior I would lose my humanity is a second and make errs in judgement out of anger. Place yourselves in these officers circumstances..George Floyd was high as a kite and clearly resisted arrest, he had priors and the officers knew his MO, and have heard it before. They thought he was just playing the game by him stating the he could not breath. Another factor would be that it occurred at the height of this COVID pandemic no one was wearing masks at that time. It could of influenced the indifference of the officers who were probably on the edge already, in simple terms they were feed up with stupid decisions by arrested individuals that would put them and their families at risk.

If Floyd would of quietly followed the officer’s orders he would be alive today...His drug addiction finally did him in...
Chauvin did not remove his knee even after Mr. Floyd lost consciousness and for a full minute and 20 seconds after paramedics arrived at the scene.