George Floyd

rod

Retired 22 years
It's been awhile since I watched the arrest of Floyd so I decided to watch it again. If I was a juror this is what I would surmise after watching it:

Floyd was a drama queen from the onset
Floyd was definitely dropping drugs out of his pants while being walked by those 2 cops
The officer had his knee on the side of his neck and wasn't using full force.
If the officer had placed his knee on Floyds windpipe and he couldn't talk then the prosecution might have something to work with.
Try to choke yourself out by just using the side of your throat--it ain't happening.
Floyd also complains that his stomach is hurting- possibly from swallowing too many drugs to get rid of evidence. I guess we will have to see what the autopsy showed.

Verdict?----NOT GUILTY.---go get yourself a new flat screen tv and a pair of Nikes.

over9five

Staff member
Trial will be fixed to find the officer guilty.
We can't have months and months of looting and burning. Would make Biden look bad.

oldngray

nowhere special
Trial will be fixed to find the officer guilty.
We can't have months and months of looting and burning. Would make Biden look bad.
The 2nd degree charge was looking so shaky the judge let them add a 3rd degree. Which is almost never used in MN and doesn't really apply in this kind of case.

In October, Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill dropped the third-degree murder charge against Chauvin, ruling the charge can "be sustained only in situations in which the defendant's actions were 'eminently dangerous to other persons' and were not specifically directed at the particular person whose death occurred."
The evidence presented by the state did not show that Chauvin's actions were "eminently dangerous" to anyone but Floyd, the ruling said.

Last edited:

newfie

The 2nd degree charge was looking so shaky the judge let them add a 3rd degree. Which is almost never used in MN and doesn't really apply in this kind of case.

In October, Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill dropped the third-degree murder charge against Chauvin, ruling the charge can "be sustained only in situations in which the defendant's actions were 'eminently dangerous to other persons' and were not specifically directed at the particular person whose death occurred."
The evidence presented by the state did not show that Chauvin's actions were "eminently dangerous" to anyone but Floyd, the ruling said.
i would think that as the defense i would be arguing to the jury that prosecution didnt have enough evidence for a conviction and thus added the third degree as a safety net. I would then argue that justice is based on evidence and is not an either / or fishing expedition.

oldngray

nowhere special
i would think that as the defense i would be arguing to the jury that prosecution didnt have enough evidence for a conviction and thus added the third degree as a safety net. I would then argue that justice is based on evidence and is not an either / or fishing expedition.
Its a political trial where evidence matters little.

El Correcto

god is dead
It's been awhile since I watched the arrest of Floyd so I decided to watch it again. If I was a juror this is what I would surmise after watching it:

Floyd was a drama queen from the onset
Floyd was definitely dropping drugs out of his pants while being walked by those 2 cops
The officer had his knee on the side of his neck and wasn't using full force.
If the officer had placed his knee on Floyds windpipe and he couldn't talk then the prosecution might have something to work with.
Try to choke yourself out by just using the side of your throat--it ain't happening.
Floyd also complains that his stomach is hurting- possibly from swallowing too many drugs to get rid of evidence. I guess we will have to see what the autopsy showed.

Verdict?----NOT GUILTY.---go get yourself a new flat screen tv and a pair of Nikes.
These are all great points and a far better argument than Derek Chauvin killed Floyd, meant to kill Floyd and deserves a medal or two for doing so.
Good job rod.

PT Car Washer

Chauvin agreed to plead guilty last Summer to Third degree until the prosecution pulled it off the table. He may take the deal again if offered. 5 years or less in a country club jail.