George Floyd

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ok. Chauvin used "excessive force." Maybe Chauvin also has poor hygiene, worships the Devil, and is mean to children, old people, and animals. None of that means anything and the question still remains: What killed Floyd first? Chauvin or the drugs? That will be for the medical examiner to decide.
Drugs.

El Correcto

god is dead
I heard that people are commenting on the facial expressions of the police officers involved, cold or indifferent were some of the observations. The Worst job in America right now is law enforcement, these officers face it everyday the destruction of individuals who bought into a culture of drug abuse and victim mentality that dominates most of our larger cities.

If I was in law enforcement and subject to the worst examples of human behavior I would lose my humanity is a second and make errs in judgement out of anger. Place yourselves in these officers circumstances..George Floyd was high as a kite and clearly resisted arrest, he had priors and the officers knew his MO, and have heard it before. They thought he was just playing the game by him stating the he could not breath. Another factor would be that it occurred at the height of this COVID pandemic no one was wearing masks at that time. It could of influenced the indifference of the officers who were probably on the edge already, in simple terms they were feed up with stupid decisions by arrested individuals that would put them and their families at risk.

If Floyd would of quietly followed the officer’s orders he would be alive today...His drug addiction finally did him in...
Burnout is a real thing for police officers, hell anyone that has to deal with the general public, but especially law enforcement.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is there a broad statute that covers every scenario? I don't think it was murder but depraved indifference and negligent homicide are real crimes. When a man is passed out, urine flowing from him, and you don't let up until the ambulance arrives(who called the ambulance?)it seems to be extremely excessive. If the police called the ambulance knowing he would need one then there seems to have been an intent to hurt Floyd or at least knowledge that it could lead to needing an ambulance.

Most of the information I'm sharing I got from the video I posted. Barnes does a good job explaining the extenuating circumstances. What it boils down to is that the officers probably didn't believe Floyd because he'd used the same delay tactics in the past to buy time to destroy evidence, which might explain their apparent apathy.

I had read an article before that explained that one of the officers had called an ambulance, and that the ambulance went the wrong way and got there late. Not sure there would have been time to do anything even if they had gotten there on time. My guess is that Chauvin simply didn't believe Floyd because he thought he was crying wolf, and one of the other officers might have determined that an ambulance might be needed.

I'm not saying 100% Chauvin is not criminally liable. I am saying that when you put together all the evidence that I have heard or seen, you can make a pretty strong case that Chauvin is not criminally liable, certainly for the murder charges. Manslaughter might be iffy, 'cause it sounds like Chauvin has a history of civil rights abuse complaints against him.

It will be fine

Most of the information I'm sharing I got from the video I posted. Barnes does a good job explaining the extenuating circumstances. What it boils down to is that the officers probably didn't believe Floyd because he'd used the same delay tactics in the past to buy time to destroy evidence, which might explain their apparent apathy.

I had read an article before that explained that one of the officers had called an ambulance, and that the ambulance went the wrong way and got there late. Not sure there would have been time to do anything even if they had gotten there on time. My guess is that Chauvin simply didn't believe Floyd because he thought he was crying wolf, and one of the other officers might have determined that an ambulance might be needed.

I'm not saying 100% Chauvin is not criminally liable. I am saying that when you put together all the evidence that I have heard or seen, you can make a pretty strong case that Chauvin is not criminally liable, certainly for the murder charges. Manslaughter might be iffy, 'cause it sounds like Chauvin has a history of civil rights abuse complaints against him.
How do we know Floyd used similar tactics in the past? The word of the guy that killed him?