get ready for the next firing spree.

U

uber

To be honest, I think I've pissed in a bottle twice since being a driver. One of the times was with a Supervisor (who is now a center manager) on car with me and he recommended that's what I do. Were both men, that have a job to do and sometimes human nature interferes. It was a suggestion that I didn't think twice about doing. I camped a lot growing up, going to the bathroom in unconventional ways has never been a problem for me.

Oh, and I always discard the piss before getting back to the building.

FilingBluesFL

For some reason we had a rash of people pissing in bottles for a little while and leaving it in the car.

Our Sup gave a rousing speech about how it's a biohazardous situation and all that and blah blah blah.

Of course, he decided to ask that question, that one question. "Why would anyone want to do that? Why wouldn't you just go to a bathroom? Can anyone answer that? ..... Anyone? .... Anyone???"

*Raise hand* "Yeah, some people are into that, sexual kink. They get off on it."

"Yeah, ok, that's enough. JUST STOP IT!"

hee hee hee

Seriously... just go use a damned bathroom!

FilingBluesFL

No No No that's tampering with UPS equipment. Just do your job,stay off your phone while working and by all means DON'T pick your nose while delivering! Just kidding with the last one.:happy-very:

Now, if you pick and flick, and it *happens* to land on the lens somehow, obscuring the view...

twoweeled

I've been saying this from the beginning. The company has to be able to discipline off the electronics. We're getting screwed on that too. It's just a matter of how and when. The union seems to be playing dumb on this, but you watch. It's going to happen. Supervisor observation, or ivis with corroborating evidence! Loop hole big enough for a hummer to drive through.

balland chain

I've been saying this from the beginning. The company has to be able to discipline off the electronics. We're getting screwed on that too. It's just a matter of how and when. The union seems to be playing dumb on this, but you watch. It's going to happen. Supervisor observation, or ivis with corroborating evidence! Loop hole big enough for a hummer to drive through.

And the Union will do nothing about it.. They tried it on me, but I had the money to retain a high dollar attorney.. 20 years ago, I would not have been able to afford that attorney..to the youngsters at UPS, put some money aside, you just may need it.. If you think you are not subject to being pulled into an office and grilled, and then have a manager accuse you of doing something you did not do, well, I use to think that way.. CYA, if the DIAD or IVIS acts up, write it up immediately , notify the union, and get a witness you can trust to verify the malfunction. Feeders, do not go on a paper timecard.. ask for another tractor with a working (properly) IVIS. If anything arrises during your day, when you are on meal or break, document it , use your cell phone camera (video if you have it) to document it as well. Be sure to do this only if you are off the clock.. Unfortunately, it has turned to this.. We are all disposable , especially us drivers who are at top pay with 6 weeks vacation...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

"other corroborating evidence"..... three words that spell ..D A N G E R.. if you know how to read english, unlike 407 and Stink, who believe that those three word spell ...S A friend E T Y N E T...

Of course they will install cameras, then they will use it to record downtime, and "other" offenses of stealing time, like being on the phone.

Just wait.

Hoffa screwed us.

Peace

TOS

The Milkman

And the Union will do nothing about it.. They tried it on me, but I had the money to retain a high dollar attorney.. 20 years ago, I would not have been able to afford that attorney..to the youngsters at UPS, put some money aside, you just may need it.. If you think you are not subject to being pulled into an office and grilled, and then have a manager accuse you of doing something you did not do, well, I use to think that way.. CYA, if the DIAD or IVIS acts up, write it up immediately , notify the union, and get a witness you can trust to verify the malfunction. Feeders, do not go on a paper timecard.. ask for another tractor with a working (properly) IVIS. If anything arrises during your day, when you are on meal or break, document it , use your cell phone camera (video if you have it) to document it as well. Be sure to do this only if you are off the clock.. Unfortunately, it has turned to this.. We are all disposable , especially us drivers who are at top pay with 6 weeks vacation...

Good old UPS..They have a hard time hiring people, then they go on the offensive to try their best to Fire you..Go Ups...Shareholders will be happy to know you don't have to pay benefits to the new hires if you work the crap out of them, then they quit. Way To Go Big Brown:fishbashsmile:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Since the truck doubles as a locker room/bathroom at times, I foresee a nice lawsuit if this were to happen. Don't wait for the Union, file a suit!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heres one sure if you gotta piss you piss in a bottle. I get that weve all done it. But like after u piss in the bottle why wouldnt you just pour the piss out of the bottle on the road or in the grass or you could just be a :censored2: like the rest of the idiots and keep it in the bottle. Duh it aint rocket science boys how hard is that to do i dont get it. I guess some dudes are just that stupid i guess lol.

I guess we were raised differently as I have never pissed in a bottle.

Returntosender

Good old UPS..They have a hard time hiring people, then they go on the offensive to try their best to Fire you..Go Ups...Shareholders will be happy to know you don't have to pay benefits to the new hires if you work the crap out of them, then they quit. Way To Go Big Brown:fishbashsmile:
That's the end game. Keep the revolving door moving at a frantic pace.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If they aim a camera at me while I'm driving, I might develop the habit of scratching my nose with my middle finger all day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
[h=3]Can my employer install cameras in the workplace?[/h] The answer depends on where the employer wants to put the cameras and why. The employer must have a reasonable, legitimate business reason for monitoring employees in this manner (for example, to discourage theft from a cash register or to enhance the security of customers and employees). And some states have made certain areas of the workplace (for example, the bathroom and changing areas) off-limits to this type of monitoring.
Even with a legitimate reason, your employer must inform you and your coworkers that the cameras are there. Also, some states prohibit the use of certain types of surveillance devices, such as one-way mirrors.
For more information on workplace surveillance, see Nolo's article Cameras and Video Surveillance in the Workplace.