Getting a ticket in the PC

Logb17

So I was pulled over today for doing a rolling stop while turning right at a four way stop. The officer said his computer was down and I will probably receive a ticket in the mail. Do I need to tell someone if I do receive a ticket?? Is there any disciplinary actin involved?

TheDick

Bummer. I got a ods sayn that red light /stop sign tickests are handed out at highest freq friday b4 mem day weekend. 130p-5pm. I think ur ctr team is inpart to blame.
j/k

UPSGUY72

So I was pulled over today for doing a rolling stop while turning right at a four way stop. The officer said his computer was down and I will probably receive a ticket in the mail. Do I need to tell someone if I do receive a ticket?? Is there any disciplinary actin involved?

The computer was down you get it in the mail ??? When did they stop writing traffic tickets... I know in MA they still use a pad and you get a copy and they get 2 copies one for them and one to send into the court system.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Would not say a word to your management team. If your ticketed, it will be sent to your home address as printed on your drivers license. You will need to notify them of any traffic violations on your annual DOT certification but they do not have know it happened in a UPS vehicle.

Logb17

It was dumb, pickin on the poor ups cover driver trying to get all of his business stops off by 5. It was a side street with clear visibility all ways, and no one around. Who comes to a COMPLETE stop on one of those. I was surprised when he pulled me over.

over9five

Staff member
Would not say a word to your management team. If your ticketed, it will be sent to your home address as printed on your drivers license. You will need to notify them of any traffic violations on your annual DOT certification but they do not have know it happened in a UPS vehicle.

^^^^What he said^^^

rod

Retired 22 years
How they hell do you get a ticket in a UPS truck? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure he was a real cop? A warning yes- but an accual ticket? You must have ran into the biggest A-hole cop in America.

over9five

Staff member
How they hell do you get a ticket in a UPS truck? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure he was a real cop? A warning yes- but an accual ticket? .
I was thinking that too. A uniformed UPS driver in his own car wouldn't even get a ticket, never mind in a PC!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You must report the ticket asap to your immediate supervisor. If you fail to report he ticket, and subsequent fail to take care of the ticket when required, UPS will be notified by the ticketing agency and you will be discharged for dishonesty.

You cant hide one mistake by making another.

Peace

TOS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How they hell do you get a ticket in a UPS truck? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure he was a real cop? A warning yes- but an accual ticket? You must have ran into the biggest A-hole cop in America.
uh I have a speeding ticket on my record and I was in a ups truck it happens. Although I will say I'm fairly certain I would have gotten off with a warning but as he was
Walking away he said **** my supervisor is here I have to give you a ticket.

It was dumb, pickin on the poor ups cover driver trying to get all of his business stops off by 5. It was a side street with clear visibility all ways, and no one around. Who comes to a COMPLETE stop on one of those. I was surprised when he pulled me over.
I do all the time. You get paid to do this it's a method. Fourty seven bucks an hour after eight why not. Believe it or not if they followed you around all day your job would depend on it. Grow up and follow the law and the rules it will help with your job security.

CRASH501

You must report the ticket asap to your immediate supervisor. If you fail to report he ticket, and subsequent fail to take care of the ticket when required, UPS will be notified by the ticketing agency and you will be discharged for dishonesty.

Peace

TOS
I disagree, we fill out the form which is equal to an abstract of our driving record every year! then and only then must you disclose the ticket, innocent until proven guilty, he may still have a chance to fight the summons
and possibly reduce the offense depending on how your local PD operate!

Dragon

Package Center Manager

A few of my drivers had recieved tickets while in a PC. They all told me as soon as it happened. They paid the fine, I gave them a warning letter and that was the end of it.

Dragon

tourists24

Peace

TOS
for the record TOS... I disagree with you on a lot of things...but this one is spot on.... pick your battles.... this isnt one

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

My man, you have already made your play.
Had you told them by the end of your shift, warning letter at most.
Now??? Dishonesty???
Say nothing and be sure to include the ticket when filling out your annual certification.

Remember, you didn't know that you needed to tell management.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I disagree, we fill out the form which is equal to an abstract of our driving record every year! then and only then must you disclose the ticket, innocent until proven guilty, he may still have a chance to fight the summons
and possibly reduce the offense depending on how your local PD operate!

CRASH, heres something for your consideration. Indeed, we fill out an "abstract" ( in california its called a CHSP report or, an afidafit) we are required to fill out this form in the event we failed to notify the company of many things, like a license suspension or revocation and tickets.

In a case where a driver recieves a ticket while on duty driving a company truck, not only is the driver cited, but the ticketing agency notifies the company of the violation since the truck is registered to a commercial business. Once the company recieves this notification and investigates it, and the driver fails to report it, you could have a dishonesty charge brought against them.

Let me give you an example of a case I PERSONALLY handled.

There was a driver in our main street hub, he drove near USC campus where there are alot of red lights. He had a busy route and those red lights were killing him everyday, so he decided to run a few. He recieved 4 red light tickets and 1 speeding ticket in 6 months. Unfortunately, he was out of time and sick days and he didnt take care of the tickets on time. He didnt think UPS would ever find out and he was going to take care of them as soon as he had the chance and money to pay off the fines and warrants.

He never got that chance as the DMV notified UPS that its vehicle had UNPAID tickets and its registration would be held up until they were paid.

Of course there was an investigation and the driver admitted recieving the tickets. HE WAS FIRED ON THE SPOT.

A ticket is nothing compared to losing your career for dishonesty. Whats the big deal, maybe a warning letter when you report it?

ALL drivers need to report tickets as soon as they get them. Its the right thing to do.

Peace

TOS