Getting a ticket in the PC

OptimusPrime

Would not say a word to your management team. If your ticketed, it will be sent to your home address as printed on your drivers license. You will need to notify them of any traffic violations on your annual DOT certification but they do not have know it happened in a UPS vehicle.

Actually asked my on car trainer about this. Was kind of a "haha joking" type conversation, but he said it was your own business. Make sure you report on the yearly when asked, but outside of that, he said it was business as usual, no different if it was your own car. Owner of the vehicle receives no notification. I can vouch. Had a buddy borrow my truck. Was using his "dope boy" ride. Rims, lowered, exhaust, tinted windows, etc. Officer yanked me for an "illegal turn" and proceeded to right me up for illegal tint and non DOT approved exhaust. Had a heated conversation how it wasn't my car, and to send the ticket to the owner. Said it's all about the driver regardless. Still got burned on the tint and the turn, my buddy did have proof the cat back exhaust was DOT legal.

klein

Für Meno :)
If there are no demerit points involved, just pay the fine.
No need to tell anyone.
It probably won't even show up on your driving record.

If they gave you points, then I still wouldn't worry about it, until UPS checks your driving record, again.
And by then, it might already be off it , like someone already mentioned - just play dumb ( that you never knew you had to report it).
It's not like they took your drivers license away !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there are no demerit points involved, just pay the fine.
No need to tell anyone.
It probably won't even show up on your driving record.

If they gave you points, then I still wouldn't worry about it, until UPS checks your driving record, again.
And by then, it might already be off it , like someone already mentioned - just play dumb ( that you never knew you had to report it).
It's not like they took your drivers license away !

I guess we should add "drivers license" to the list of items we should not ask you for advice on.

Wiggle Wagon

Keep in mind I am a UPS Freight driver, but it is in our contract that we must report any traffic tickets that can add points to your license to management before our next report to work, or something to that affect.

Wiggle Wagon

Article 37
Suspension or Revocation of License and Employee’s Bail
Section 1. Employee Must Notify the Company of Violations
In the event an employee receives a traffic citation for a moving violation which would contribute to a suspension or revocation or suffers a suspension or revocation of his/her right to drive the Company’s equipment for any reason, he/she must notify the Company before his/her next report to work. Failure to comply will subject the employee to disciplinary action up to and including discharge.

CRASH501

1 If you fail to pay said ticket causing a suspense or revocation of your driving privelages, "YOU ARE A maroon"
2 "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" you have a right to fight / dispute the summons and face your accuser. there is a very good chance that the officer or judge / mediator will reduce the charges to a no point offense!
as long as you report your final disposition of guilty if you are found guilty on your annual abstract you will have no problems!

I was issued a summons for driving down a 1 way street while running my route, the summons was clearly written as driver was observed traveling "EASTBOUND ON East 154th Street" where it should have read driver was observed heading "EASTBOUND ON East 153rd Street" these 2 streets were about 50' apart and yes I was guilty but with a damn good explanation, as 3rd avenue the main road was closed about 150' north of me and I was directed to make a right turn on the 1 way street by a meter maid, upon reaching the next block over the officer had no clue of the accident / street closure and issued the summons 4 blocks away at my next bulk stop. Now not only did this officer loose line of sight but she incorrectly wrote this ticket. upon going into court to dispute the ticket with photo's of the street signs and a printout from mapquest showing the area's lay out the officer tells the judge "EXUSE ME YOUR HONOR, I NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE TO THE SUMMONS" In hast i wrote the wrong street number down, " DISMISSED" and excuse me officer Rodriguez can you please stay until i finish these other cases so we can have a talk in my chambers about your ticketing procedure! ..
now if I had reported this as you say I would have received a discipline for a summons that I beat in court!

rocket man

So I was pulled over today for doing a rolling stop while turning right at a four way stop. The officer said his computer was down and I will probably receive a ticket in the mail. Do I need to tell someone if I do receive a ticket?? Is there any disciplinary actin involved?
no not at all take care of ticket traffic school ect we are not perfect dont worry about it. you didnt even get the ticket id get a court date then wweks befor you postpone change date to a later date then you do it one more time by the time you go to court cop wont even show DISMISSED

HomeDelivery

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/...rental-vehicles-being-used-340134/index4.html

ah if you got a big ticket (size 8" x 11.5" page) along with a CDL-type fine, you're basically screwed.

if it was a regular ticket that was directed at just you & not the company (the smaller sized ticket), then go to court to negotiate for a "no-points" ticket or agree to traffic court to "dismiss" it (by paying the court fees)

A HD driver was speeding and staying on the left lane for ~6 miles (left lane for passing only) this past summer...

he was given a speeding ticket, but also a commercial ticket with FEX Ground DOT number on it = BIG fine for the driver but even a BIGGER fine for the company! (suspended for at least 3 months from driving a commercial vehicle)

this year, i didn't see him in the terminal; he was fired since the contractor didn't want to take any more hits from his driving practices (one of those runner-gunners)

rama'nfeeders

First of all, the PC Driver needs to come to a full stop I know we have rolled thru stop signs, but this company is killing all the drivers w/ extra stops so you are going to help them make there numbers by brakeing the law and paying fines to help UPS. Second of all, I would ask the Union Business Agents right away for what you should do or go to maybe HR and ask what the policy is about getting tickets in your personal car and the UPS PC.....play dumb like you have no idea. Ask a friend to go to HR or the Center Manager if you don't feel up to it and let them ask the ?'s

tarbar66

How they hell do you get a ticket in a UPS truck? I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure he was a real cop? A warning yes- but an accual ticket? You must have ran into the biggest A-hole cop in America.

Rod, Back in the day we called the warning a professional courtesy. Now I imagine the new breed of cops are just like the new UPS. I had 3 written warnings in 20 years in package and a few talk withs at the donut shop.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had 2 real good friends who were State Patrolmen. One was heavy into golf. He would pull me over all the time with lights a flashing just to see if I had any new golf equipment for him. The other one like to catch me double parked in the small town I delivered to, get on his PA system and start screaming at me to get that Brown truck out of the middle of the road. He would then continue to drive by laughing while I stood there trying to explain to pedestrians that it was just a joke and he wasn't serious.

rocket man

this guy said cop might send ticket. you are not guilty till you pay the ticket as a matter of fact you dont have a ticket till you go to court no contest removes ticket from exsistance and you pay a court fee done deal

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's just a ticket for rolling through a stop sign. Notify management, go to court and get it reduced, pay the fine, and move on.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would tell the center manager< that the police officer, told me to watch those rolling stops. And then say, "he didnt give me a ticket" True.