Getting fired.

barnyard

KTM rider
Here, if you are off work for more than 3 days, you HAVE to have a doctor's note to return to work. Get a Doctor's note and go back to HR with a shop steward. It is up to you to ask for one, not your bosses responsibility to provide one.

Let the Union deal with it and maybe you can get some back pay also. Real cowardly move by your management team.
Oh yeah the union was pissed when I told him. Basically saying they have no right for taking my ID, he was super pissed about the ID situation. And that the HR has no right to fire me. That he has to go through the manager and he union. He's gonna email the main guy of the hub. But he told me to just show up tonight because I have to start getting paid again.

Here, if you are off work for more than 3 days, you HAVE to have a doctor's note to return to work. Get a Doctor's note and go back to HR with a shop steward. It is up to you to ask for one, not your bosses responsibility to provide one.

I kept asking them if I needed to get another they told me no but I am going to the doctors today to get an extended note. they kinda made me go into work last night because they needed to have a " meeting " it was only 10mins long they weren't even paying attention to anything I was saying. Then just took my ID and told me HR will have it. They will call you tomorrow with what's going to happen next with you. So wait for the call to determine if you come in tomorrow night or not.

35years

Gravy route
FMLA (Family & Medical Leave)

"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave.

FMLA is designed to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. It also seeks to accommodate the legitimate interests of employers and promote equal employment opportunity for men and women.

FMLA applies to all public agencies, all public and private elementary and secondary schools, and companies with 50 or more employees. These employers must provide an eligible employee with up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for any of the following reasons:

• for the birth and care of the newborn child of an employee;
  • for placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care;
  • to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
  • to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
Employees are eligible for leave if they have worked for their employer at least 12 months, at least 1,250 hours over the past 12 months, and work at a location where the company employs 50 or more employees within 75 miles. Whether an employee has worked the minimum 1,250 hours of service is determined according to FLSA principles for determining compensable hours or work."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0148.GIF

Are you pretty?

You decide

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
As long as you have a doctor's note, they can't fire you for being hurt.
They CAN find a way to get rid of you if you can't perform your duties that you've previously performed.
Make sure you're 100% healthy and follow your union leader's instructions.

Indecisi0n

Walk in and start working like nothing at all happened ( missed days or injury). When they approach you just reply with "what are you talking about I was here yesterday".

Deny deny deny

Walk in and start working like nothing at all happened ( missed days or injury). When they approach you just reply with "what are you talking about I was here yesterday".

Deny deny deny
As long as you have a doctor's note, they can't fire you for being hurt.
They CAN find a way to get rid of you if you can't perform your duties that you've previously performed.
Make sure you're 100% healthy and follow your union leader's instructions.

The union told me to get a doctors note to go back and the doctor kept me out for another week! craaaazy. But the management told me to go in tonight regular time. I wonder if this is going to cause more problems

PT Car Washer

The union told me to get a doctors note to go back and the doctor kept me out for another week! craaaazy. But the management told me to go in tonight regular time. I wonder if this is going to cause more problems
It could depend on if it is the company Doctor or your personal Doctor. You can disobey your personal Doctors advise but you have to follow the company doctors orders. I would show up tonight ready to work but with your Doctors note and your Union Steward next to you.

35years

Gravy route
Since you will be off at least 3 weeks chances are you qualify for short term disability pay. Ups can force you to be cleared by their doctor once your own clears you without restriction.

Keep UPS informed in writing about your continued restrictions. File for disability pay and make sure you keep you Union BA informed.

35years

Gravy route
Show them the doctor's note saying you are still restricted with the steward present. They can work you if they want as long as you are not completely disabled by the doctor and you work within the doctors restrictions . Under no circumstances are they to conduct a fitness for duty exam on you .The doctor is the expert. Follow his advice and tell them you will not work outside the restrictions.

MAKAVELI

It could depend on if it is the company Doctor or your personal Doctor. You can disobey your personal Doctors advise but you have to follow the company doctors orders. I would show up tonight ready to work but with your Doctors note and your Union Steward next to you.
UPS has their own doctors?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope-----if you have a work release you will not be allowed to come back to work until you are cleared.

J

jibbs

UPS has their own doctors?

Moreso a close professional relationship with particular doctors in a hub/center's area.

Just recently I pinched my finger and got a huge blood blister on my fingertip. I told my supervisor that, with how big/deep the injury was, if it popped while I was working I'd have to clock out because blood on every package I touch is neither sanitary or reasonable to work through.

New manager pops up out of nowhere. Tells me if it busts I'm gonna need stitches and a supervisor will have to accompany me to, quote unquote, "our doctor" (as opposed to "the doctor.") I told him if I need medical attention and can't drive myself, he needs to call an ambulance and if I can drive myself, no UPS personnel is stepping foot into the doctor's office with me. "But it's policy," he said. I asked him to show me in writing where that's the way it should be, two weeks later he still hasn't said so much as "Morning," to me.

Seriously, don't let UPS take you to the doctor of their choosing. I don't have any personal experience to back that sentiment up but I'm cynical by nature and there's absolutely no good reason for there to be anyone other than the medical professional and the patient present, unless the patient expresses explicit consent to another person being there.