Gloves for the preload (unloading trailers)

jarodpolygon

Any glove suggestions? I'd rather not destroy my hands for nothing, and wouldn't like to keep using pure grip strength for picking up packages while scrambling to unload as fast as possible. For unloading specifically. I was loading trucks and would use any old gloves just fine for a while, but as soon as I hopped in the trailers, I was tearing gloves like they were butter. I've searched around, but haven't found any consistent reviews or tips. Thought I'd look here, thanks.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

You don’t have to spend a ton on anything fancy. I’m a big fan of thin goat skin gloves. Or rubberized gloves with a slight cuff. Nothing too thick. But be sure to wear something even if it’s not perfect. In the winter, handling cardboard really dries out your skin.

JustDeliverIt

Any glove suggestions? I'd rather not destroy my hands for nothing, and wouldn't like to keep using pure grip strength for picking up packages while scrambling to unload as fast as possible. For unloading specifically. I was loading trucks and would use any old gloves just fine for a while, but as soon as I hopped in the trailers, I was tearing gloves like they were butter. I've searched around, but haven't found any consistent reviews or tips. Thought I'd look here, thanks.

I use these for delivery and inside the building. They are a little more expensive than the cheap ones but last a lot better.

takesteady

I should have wore gloves when I first started. Now after years of daily abuse my hands are a calloused and scarred disaster. I had to get finger printed for another job recently and it took forever to get an accurate scan. The person administering the print explicitly said ‘ you’re hands are :censored2:ed up dude’. It sucks

Poop Head

Judge me.
I should have wore gloves when I first started. Now after years of daily abuse my hands are a calloused and scarred disaster. I had to get finger printed for another job recently and it took forever to get an accurate scan. The person administering the print explicitly said ‘ you’re hands are *ed up dude’. It sucks
Im proud of you

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Natures gloves. My skin. Quit being such a pusillanimous.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I should have wore gloves when I first started. Now after years of daily abuse my hands are a calloused and scarred disaster. I had to get finger printed for another job recently and it took forever to get an accurate scan. The person administering the print explicitly said ‘ you’re hands are *ed up dude’. It sucks
It’s called having man hands. Only women use gloves to keep their soft, buttery skin.

PCLoadPackage

I use the poly/nitrile/latex coated nylon gloves. I don't really care what the coating is, but I make sure the fabric is nylon. That's much thinner than the cotton, so it's breathes better. There are more expensive brands like Hyflex. I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on them, so I just buy cheap ones. If you happen to be in the upper midwest, I've found a pack of 12 pairs at both Menards and Fleet Farm for under $10. Otherwise, you should be able to get them fairly cheaply at your local big box store.

Something like: Polyurethane Coated Nylon Work Gloves Medium

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
never wore gloves loading PC's, though i would wear the cheapo cloth/rubber gloves you can get at any 7/11 for any other inside op

driving, no gloves unless it was freezing then hunting mittens