GMC transmission shift cable/rod bushing

bacha29

I'm in a 12' gmc box truck that's under 10k... but since I clear over $1k before taxes, it's still over my state's min wage rates

This is what UPS ers calls a retirement route. It's not hard on the body since 60% is windshield time. Plus area knowledge and I run it like clock work so my customers know when I'll be delivering in their neighborhood daily. No management needed unless I have some capacity issues

There are only 2 other routes on my belt line like this & they're driven with older drivers who's already retired from a previous job

Sure, I getting more iCs compared to an Amazon DSP from time to time, but it's still stress free since I know how to use the 2 wheeler hand truck.

I'll see 4/5 UPS drivers in my area. 3 of them live on their route driving p500s. Another is in a p500 & close to retirement.

The young runner/gunner in a 700 loves the area as well since there's hardly any traffic

It's rare to see a p1000 in my area since it's not a high dense area like the American suburbia (with the exception of the gated community)
You have clearly spot lighted the issue. Chances are the two retirement age guys you mentioned may only have Social Security and have to try to keep going no matter what . On the other side the near retirement UPS guys will go away with nearly 5K a month with healthcare benefits. OK so you've got a couple of rental properties as a retirement source but are you going to want that headache when you're 65? And by that time will you still be physically able to look after them? What you have in much greater numbers today is these absentee investor class contractor who buy up these routes (some with borrowed money) then believe that all they have to do is just sit back count up the money and simply dump all the work and responsibility of keeping that truck out there everyday onto the guy IN the truck and expects him to drive it all day and..... work on it all night....and weekends.....and holidays.....and do it for nothing.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Hmmmm... I don't know many UPS retirement routes that have guys out delivering at midnight.
That was a peak season mismanagement scenario... I'm getting done by 1800 the latest lately

Plus u guys missed the part that they have a mobile mechanic with a rolling workshop now. It's on them for the most part, but I'm not sabotaging my day to be delayed with minor things like this

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Chances are the two retirement age guys you mentioned may only have Social Security and have to try to keep going no matter what .

Don't assume... they're waiting for that magic# 65 to collect their full bennies from their previous jobs. 2 were former teamsters, so they'll be all good. One has 3 years to go, another just a year.

I'll sell the homes for profit and maybe keep the duplex to retire in & have the tenants cover the taxes and maintenance costs.

It's not hard to plan ahead since it's more than 2 decades away...

bacha29

Don't assume... they're waiting for that magic# 65 to collect their full bennies from their previous jobs. 2 were former teamsters, so they'll be all good. One has 3 years to go, another just a year.

I'll sell the homes for profit and maybe keep the duplex to retire in & have the tenants cover the taxes and maintenance costs.

It's not hard to plan ahead since it's more than 2 decades away...
If they're Teamster than the shaky state of Teamster pension plans might keep them around for a awhile. In fact I read where the Central States Pension Plan is only 27% funded and plan to stretched out it's life by taking a cut in benefits was voted down so it looks like PBGC is inherit the mess in a couple of years And now the Western Pennsylvania Teamster Pension Plan members are now voting on a plan whether they will take a 30% cut in benefits.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If they're Teamster than the shaky state of Teamster pension plans might keep them around for a awhile. In fact I read where the Central States Pension Plan is only 27% funded and plan to stretched out it's life by taking a cut in benefits was voted down so it looks like PBGC is inherit the mess in a couple of years And now the Western Pennsylvania Teamster Pension Plan members are now voting on a plan whether they will take a 30% cut in benefits.

bacha29

Yes. I didn't go back and proof read this one. The point however is far more important. That being the growing underfunded pension and retirement income crisis in the nation. By the sound of things you're currently sucking on Fat Freddy's retirement teat which is fine. However there's no guarantee that his plan will not find itself facing the same crisis sometime in the not too distant future. The absence of legacy costs as it pertain to it's box grunts is what made RPS such an attractive acquisition target for Fat Freddy despite the fact that he didn't have the cash to buy it and had to use stock instead.