God, Religion, Wampeters, Foma & Granfalloons

klein

Für Meno :)
Re: United Way Intimidation

your union has a pretty crappy record rife with stories of corruption. you withdraw from them yet? You making any posts anywhere badmouthing the union?

how you teaching kids the ten commandments without crediting the teachings of a religion? Or did you deciide to skip those teachings when you raise your kids using "your better way"

Yeah, and one of those commandments is "You shall love your neighbor"

I sure don't see that in you, so if you truely believe in "your religion", then you'll end up in hell.
But, you should know that. ?????!!!!!!

jimstud

Banned

your union has a pretty crappy record rife with stories of corruption. you withdraw from them yet? You making any posts anywhere badmouthing the union?

how you teaching kids the ten commandments without crediting the teachings of a religion? Or did you deciide to skip those teachings when you raise your kids using "your better way"
never said i did not believe in god . so your good catholic god of the 10 commandments approves of his representitives molesting children and upper management covering it up ?which one of the 10 commandments say thou shalt molest the little children.

tieguy

Banned

Yeah, and one of those commandments is "You shall love your neighbor"

I sure don't see that in you, so if you truely believe in "your religion", then you'll end up in hell.
But, you should know that. ?????!!!!!!

How interesting that the atheist is now making decisions as to who should go to hell.

tieguy

Banned

never said i did not believe in god . so your good catholic god of the 10 commandments approves of his representitives molesting children and upper management covering it up ?which one of the 10 commandments say thou shalt molest the little children.

Probably the same one that allows the mob to skim the pension money of hard working people. You still belong to the teamsters don't you?

jimstud

Banned

Probably the same one that allows the mob to skim the pension money of hard working people. You still belong to the teamsters don't you?

if you think i raise my son to worship jimmy hoffa you are a bigger fool than i thought. i know the teamsters are not perfect but to equate stealing money to molesting children is just assinine. like mpst parents i want my son to have a better life than i do . i don't want him to break his back for a living.

klein

How interesting that the atheist is now making decisions as to who should go to hell.

I didn't make those rules. The religions did.
A true catholic is not allowed to eat meat Fridays.
Just like a Muslim ain't allowed to eat pork.
The Hindus don't eat beef (holy cow), and rather starve.

A catholic priest can never marry or have a relationship, but are forced to masturbate their entire life long, and you need to wonder what they fantasize about, when doing so ?
Some pretty women church goers or the small innocent children that go to church ?

In the other hand , the Mormon religion allows you to have multiply wives.

It's all brainwashing, and I totally agree with Moreluck (I think she earned some reps , and I'll give her some).
It's up to the individual to build your own character and live a life that treats everyone with respect, and the way you wanna be treated.
As she quoted :
The buildings with all the ornate decorations and statues and stained glass windows is not the church! Organized religion is the invention of man. Believing in a higher power is what constitutes "religion" to me. It doesn't have a specific name. It's knowing that your destiny awaits you and how you handle it is what builds your character.

I don't see myself following just 1 special religious group, but take the best out of all of them , to be the better person and non judgemental.
And, I've seen it may times, if you don't belong to a certain religious group, then the judgement is out : "Your not good enough to socialize with them".

This whole topic deserves it's own thread, however.
Enough said.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Catholics CAN eat meat on Fridays (except during Lent). This was changed years ago!!!

The Mormon religion DOES NOT allow multiple wives !!

Need to get your facts straight!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I can't believe you guys and gals are taking Lieguys bait. Sad that he would post the things he does and get away with it , but that Drewed/SOCKS kid can get moderated for far less touchy stuff.

klein

Catholics CAN eat meat on Fridays (except during Lent). This was changed years ago!!!

The Mormon religion DOES NOT allow multiple wives !!

Need to get your facts straight!!

Whats this then ?, and not too long ago, made world wide news !

Mormon wives to defend their plural marriages

and whats this ?

Meat on Fridays

Most Catholics think that Vatican II did away with the requirement of not eating meat on any Friday of the year. Most think it is now just Ash Wednesday and the Fridays of Lent that we cannot eat meat.
This is what the new Code of Canon Law brought out in 1983 says about the matter:
Canon 1251
Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
Canon Law still requires that Catholics not eat meat on Fridays!

And while living and working in Germany, meat was never served in the cafeteria on Fridays !
I remember that well too well, because never looked forward to their friday menus.
(which is highly subsidized by the employers there, only costed about a dollar for a full meal, with soups & salads, and 2nds if you wanted more).

Besides all that, don't they have another religion in the middle east that allows for mutilpy wives, too ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, More is right--the rules have been relaxed and Lent is the only time Catholics are not supposed to eat meat. I remember as a kid we would get take out from the local fish and chips place on Fridays during Lent. You know it is good fish and chips when the bag has grease on the outside. I brought my kids there once. I also brought them to one of my other favorite places to eat, a New York Style weiner stand. They take the weiners and buns, line them up on the inside of their upturned forearm from elbow to wrist, and put the hamburg topping and mustard on. Up here we call them michigans--the only difference here is the sauce is different.

klein

Klein, More is right--the rules have been relaxed and Lent is the only time Catholics are not supposed to eat meat. I remember as a kid we would get take out from the local fish and chips place on Fridays during Lent. You know it is good fish and chips when the bag has grease on the outside. I brought my kids there once. I also brought them to one of my other favorite places to eat, a New York Style weiner stand. They take the weiners and buns, line them up on the inside of their upturned forearm from elbow to wrist, and put the hamburg topping and mustard on. Up here we call them michigans--the only difference here is the sauce is different.

You been to Rome ?
My brother has been earlier this year.
This is a blog from the net :

There is also an Autogrill/Ciao Ristorante located at the Stazione Termini on the mezzanine level toward the via Gioletti side of the station that is one of my favorite places to eat. Nothing fancy, but the food is great. It is to the left side of this photo with the red Ciao Ristorante sign on the mezzanine level. The food is great and the prices very reasonable. I had a wonderful Salmon steak on a Friday that melted in my mouth! Their steaks are great, too. I have never been disappointed with a meal there, am always surprised by their selection, and have never left the restaurant feeling hungry. As is with a lot of restaurants in Italy, it is difficult to find places that serve meat on Fridays because of religious reasons. However, on Fridays, restaurants serve chicken and fish dishes.

Anyways, can't imagine Macd's selling tons of Big Macs on Fridays, but probably McChickens and MacFish.

A catholic priest can never marry or have a relationship, but are forced to masturbate their entire life long, and you need to wonder what they fantasize about, when doing so ?
Some pretty women church goers or the small innocent children that go to church ?

It would be like clubbing a baby seal.

moreluck

golden ticket member

"Whats this then ?, and not too long ago, made world wide news !

Mormon wives to defend their plural marriages"

The ones with multiple wives are not the mainstream Mormon (LDS) church. They are 'splinter' groups called Fundamentalists that still practice polygamy. It is illegal and not endorsed by the Morman Church, but they do it anyway........they make child brides too!!:dissapointed:

klein

It would be like clubbing a baby seal.

Don't get me started with seals.
Now they are over populating, and eating all the seafood away. All the fishies in the Atlantic.
Yes, it will effect the US fisherie on the east coast, too !

Canadian government is thinking about a cull now. (much better isn't it) ????
I don't give a damn, let the seals eat all the seafood. I don't eat any. But those that do, will just need to pay a higher price, and put some fishermen out of work, too.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Church Teaching

As the centuries passed, the original requirement to fast twice a week was reduced. But, during the Church’s entire history, until 1966, all Fridays have been obligatory days of abstinence from meat on pain of mortal sin.

Since 1966, All Fridays during Lent remain obligatory days of abstinence from meat on pain of mortal sin. All other Fridays remain days of penance. The ordinary penance is absention from meat. However, on non-Lenten Fridays, the faithful may substitute another penance. The substituted penance should involve a level of sacrifice comparable to abstention from meat.

When Friday coincides with a solemnity we are dispensed from penance, in order that we might concentrate more fully on the occasion for the solemnity. All Holy Days of Obligation are solemnities.

jimstud

Banned

oh where oh where has the little tie gone oh where oh where can he be. probally at cofession .

klein

No matter what Moreluck, there is a difference between the Roman Catholic Church and laws, compared to the North American ones.
It wasn't too long ago, that a Canadian Bishop was allowed to marry.

Rome has slacker rules for us on this side of the world.

And, I dare you to go visit Rome and eat a Big Mac at the Vatican plaza square on a Friday.
That would be soo unrespectful, you wouldn't believe it !

Catatonic

Nine Lives

No matter what Moreluck, there is a difference between the Roman Catholic Church and laws, compared to the North American ones.
It wasn't too long ago, that a Canadian Bishop was allowed to marry.

Rome has slacker rules for us on this side of the world.

And, I dare you to go visit Rome and eat a Big Mac at the Vatican plaza square on a Friday.
That would be soo unrespectful, you wouldn't believe it !

How about a Burger King Whopper?