Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Well, I don't have to worry about working that day anymore, but in the past, when we had it off, I kind of looked forward to that day. My wife and grown daughter really enjoy black Friday shopping. Usually, they have a skull session Thursday night, getting things lined out. We start the day with a breakfast at IHOP, then hit the first stores that open. I'm not crazy about crowds, but I don't mind being the "wheel man." I drop them off at the front door, then park somewhere out of the way. They call me on the cell, I meet them at the door, then off to the next store. zoomzoomzoom.
Family time along with tradition makes you feel alive and that you did well as a parent. Sorry you are missing all the fun.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depending on region. Some say time and a half. In the Central. it is double time plus the holiday pay.

As a side note, this one day is not going to do anything to alleviate the fiasco that happened last year. This is all about PR. UPS is trying to "show" the shipper that we are going to work that day to keep from happening what happened last year.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
If I remember correctly it was an air only day....right? Now they want to do ground...air only was a breeze

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

wornoutupser

Me to boss on recent OJS:

I am not working black Friday, Period.

Boss-Yes you are
Me- NO I am not and I refuse.
Boss-you want me to fire you now?
Me-go head! I am ON VACATION!!!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just another day really just a lot lighter and oh wait, another chance to bust out routes, I retract that statement lol. But for real its just another day but making fatt duckees that day so it aint so bad. I just feel bad for the guys and gals who have kids that would normally spend time with them. That sucks for them, but hopefully a lot of them have enough seniority to take the day off if they choose.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This will be my tenth peak season as a full timer, I spent six as a part-timer.

Last year, was the first Black Friday I made the "seniority cut" to take the day off.

My thoughts? I think I'm gonna ask for eight and "take" 10.

Santa's gonna need my help on this one...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1411784434.007178.jpg

Sent using a Potato

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always take my last vacation week the week before Thanksgiving. Its double time plus holiday pay that Friday after Thanksgiving here.