Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

nystripe96

That day doesn't go by seniority in 804. It is strictly an optional work day. If you say you're not working that day, then you're off regardless of seniority which is pretty cool

CHALLY9TX

I always get take vacation that week. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I might work Monday and Tuesday just to get some extra Christmas spending money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If EVERY driver came in that day and demanded an 8 hour paid day this being forced to work the Day After Thanksgiving would never ever be repeated as there isnt enough work to go around . Too many people in my center dont have the testicular fortitude to do and or have a sense of entitlement and will call in so those of us that DO come in will be running alot of area.
<shrug> i always work any ways as double time on top of the 8 hours holiday pay is simply too good to pass up!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have had the day off for the last several years. I basically have a party at my house on Thanksgiving from 10 am until people leave. If I don't get Friday off this year I will be a bag of crap all day at 100 an hour.

Mack Grant

Looks like they're trying to avoid the mistakes of last peak season. We have temp drivers now who've been at it 2 weeks whereas last year this didn't happen till late October.

I'm not too thrilled about it either but for double-time plus Holiday pay, bring it on.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I can't express my thoughts about being forced to work Black Friday because it would get me banned for excessive use of profanity.

BlackCat

Our center manager won't mind. And as longs as no drivers are laid off then our stewards are ok with it

Sent using BrownCafe App

thats cool as long as it is understood that when you are working you are the lowest of all the drivers in your center.

you have a route? tough crap.. you are swinging.

You are all ready a swing driver?.. you are the lowest seniority swing driver.

CHALLY9TX

thats cool as long as it is understood that when you are working you are the lowest of all the drivers in your center.

you have a route? tough crap.. you are swinging.

You are all ready a swing driver?.. you are the lowest seniority swing driver.

Nah, I'm gonna run my route

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

If EVERY driver came in that day and demanded an 8 hour paid day this being forced to work the Day After Thanksgiving would never ever be repeated as there isnt enough work to go around . Too many people in my center dont have the testicular fortitude to do and or have a sense of entitlement and will call in so those of us that DO come in will be running alot of area.
<shrug> i always work any ways as double time on top of the 8 hours holiday pay is simply too good to pass up!

I will be in the woods...as I have been for the past 15 years. They can wipe my verbal talk with with my :censored2:.

_Mayday_

Yes Really
I do feel sorry for those with mall routes black Friday wow you will never get your stuff delivered.
We have 2 huge malls out of my building and neither of them will accept deliveries on Black Friday. Commercial stops won't be open I don't see this being much different from previous years, instead of cutting 10 routes maybe we will cut 7. Unless...you are close enough to an amazon warehouse and the ivory tower manages to plan getting any volume (assuming amazon is processing on Thanksgiving) to your building in time for preload Friday morning then it could be another story.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am on vacation that week.

In our local it is a regular work day, straight time plus the holiday pay.

I have a feeling that Thanksgiving week will not be available for vacations starting next year.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Finally scratched the other day. I am definately not a runner but it felt good to see a minus sign by my score. How are your knees doing?
No sense being a runner....walking to the finish line is a lot better than limping over it. Pretty good. Since I got back from vacation, they moved my trucks to a different part of the belt. The belt doesn't get as many jams there so I'm doing a lot less climbing on slides....that was killing my knee more than loading.