Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

Indecisi0n

No sense being a runner....walking to the finish line is a lot better than limping over it. Pretty good. Since I got back from vacation, they moved my trucks to a different part of the belt. The belt doesn't get as many jams there so I'm doing a lot less climbing on slides....that was killing my knee more than loading.
I might have an extra set of knee pads if you want them.

Our local list that day as a holiday so we cannot be forced. Management knows not to even attempt asking me to work as I aim to work as little as possible.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I might have an extra set of knee pads if you want them.

Our local list that day as a holiday so we cannot be forced. Management knows not to even attempt asking me to work as I aim to work as little as possible.
I wear a knee brace...it helps. Yup..it is listed as a holiday in my local too..I may volunteer to work it...not sure yet. Which local are you in, Inde?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
804&177 still have the holiday

It's good to be the king(s)

good-to-be-king.gif

I have vacation that week anyway. #blessed

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I am on vacation that week.

In our local it is a regular work day, straight time plus the holiday pay.

I have a feeling that Thanksgiving week will not be available for vacations starting next year.

Dare I say this to you - read your contract, more specifically, your supplement.

If yours is the same as everyone else's, you'll see that the vacation period starts the Saturday after Christmas and runs through Thanksgiving. If it does in fact say that, then you don't have to worry about the company doing away with Thanksgiving week vacations until sometime in 2018.

Isn't being a teamster great!?

BlackCat

Nah, I'm gonna run my route

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you have been prepaid for vacation, then your route should go up on the bid sheet for the week. Whoever won the bid on your route has the right to run that route for the week regardless of whatever "deal" you and your center manager made.

About 4 years ago when I was swing driving, another driver tried to pull this same crap. I filed, and won, for any OT that the driver made that week which rightfully should have been mine.

Needless to say that these "deals" came to a screeching halt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can somebody post the language that states the day after thanksgiving is a normal work day?
There is no language. We have been over this time
And time again. Ups can make virtually any day a normal
Work day. The contract only says how we get paid for those days.