Good Lord

Lordtekk

What do you mean don't bother? Afraid of the truth? Like shooting fish in a barrel. I've heard many times over the years, and have read in newspapers, the corporate rate is 35%. I was wrong. By simply Googling corporate tax rate you can get a listing of countries and their rates. As I've both read and heard, the U.S. rate at either 39% or 40%, depending on who you ask, is the world's highest. You mentioned looking things up on Google, took your advice. Of course I use Google all the time but since you mentioned it...

So what's your source for 12.1? Never heard that one before. MoveOn.org? The Huffington Post? The Daily Kos? And don't worry, it's free until you run out of money. Really going to tax those evil rich then, huh? Got to keep the free stuff flowing or you really don't have a party, do you? All hat, no cattle...
Still bored,by the way you still have not cited your sources,you are quoting what the tax rate is not what they actually pay how convenient to leave that out. Like I said all mouth still no action. I think you get off on this,you never seem to back down and seem to think you have all the answers. Reality check,you don't. You lost we won,free stuff for everyone..

Lordtekk

The Bin Laden's are a very respected Saudi family with a huge construction empire. Not their fault Osama was a fanatic. The Bush family did not do business with the Nazis after the war started and as is often the case didn't know the scope of who they were dealing with. Many American companies did trade with Saddam Hussein's regime too. As did many companies in other countries too. You'll find every brutal regime in modern history did a healthy trade with western nations except in unique situations such as the economic embargo on South Africa.

I find it laughable that "Obama" killed them. Dedicated professionals killed them, and you'll find the processes by which they obtained the info necessary to find them were started during the Bush administration. That doesn't mean Bush killed them either, only that these men were looked for for a long time with a developed network of informants, as well as deriving info by methods such as waterboarding, which ultimately lead to their demise. That's not to denigrate Obama's involvement, but please don't suggest that nothing was done about these men until Obama set things in motion. And if you really want to go there, much of what happened, the 9/11 attacks, the numerous terrorist attacks on American assets around the world, and the resulting wars, could have been prevented if Clinton and his administration had seen Bin Laden as a serious threat and had taken the necessary steps to stop him.
Same can be said about Bush but you know that already so why rehash this. Last thing I'll post on this subject,it's getting hostile and it's not going to end well. We won you still lost. Sour grapes will not change anything.

vantexan

Still bored,by the way you still have not cited your sources,you are quoting what the tax rate is not what they actually pay how convenient to leave that out. Like I said all mouth still no action. I think you get off on this,you never seem to back down and seem to think you have all the answers. Reality check,you don't. You lost we won,free stuff for everyone..

I said 35%, wasn't quoting a source like you were. But to prove my point all I had to do was Google corporate tax rates. Tons of info there. You on the other hand quoted a specific article. Obviously it's from a far left leaning source that in no way proves anything. Which is why you won't say where it's from. If you want to go through life thinking all corporations are evil and greedy be my guest. But they are the source of employment, we need to make it easy for them to hire, but taking away every extra penny we can from them in taxes won't improve the economy or put people to work. Great thing about forums is that these posts are out there for people to compare and make up their own minds. Which is why you hate FOX News. It's the one outlet on tv that's not pushing a liberal agenda. It really bothers liberals that they can't control public opinion as long as FOX is there. You may have pulled the wool over enough eyes to win this last election, but better hope you can improve the economy. If you can't, FOX will be right there pointing out why your methods fail. And ultimately it's people's finances that will bring them out to vote.

Lordtekk

I said 35%, wasn't quoting a source like you were. But to prove my point all I had to do was Google corporate tax rates. Tons of info there. You on the other hand quoted a specific article. Obviously it's from a far left leaning source that in no way proves anything. Which is why you won't say where it's from. If you want to go through life thinking all corporations are evil and greedy be my guest. But they are the source of employment, we need to make it easy for them to hire, but taking away every extra penny we can from them in taxes won't improve the economy or put people to work. Great thing about forums is that these posts are out there for people to compare and make up their own minds. Which is why you hate FOX News. It's the one outlet on tv that's not pushing a liberal agenda. It really bothers liberals that they can't control public opinion as long as FOX is there. You may have pulled the wool over enough eyes to win this last election, but better hope you can improve the economy. If you can't, FOX will be right there pointing out why your methods fail. And ultimately it's people's finances that will bring them out to vote.
If that what helps you sleep at night,more power to you brother. But I could care less about you or Fox News. We Won and You Lost and all of the B.S. you spew changes nothing,you still lost and we won. Wool over peoples eyes ? You lost.Fox Propaganda News,they lost. Get used to it. You lost,you lost you lost. All of your comments,repeating like a parrot everything Fox says and what did it get you ? You still lost. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lordtekk

By the way why bother to point out a source all you will say it's "Liberal" like that is suppose to hurt my feelings. Liberal and Proud brother and oh yeah,you still lost. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Lordtekk

Awww what the heck,here is your source.

As the nation frets over slow growth and large budget deficits, much has been made over how much Americas are and should be paying in income tax. President Obama and Democrats have argued that the wealthiest among us are not paying their fair share. They say the spoils of the globalization and the internet revolution have gone almost exclusively to the very wealthy, and that, in times of crisis, more should be asked of those who can afford to give. Those on the right counter that the wealthy pay their fair share and, more, that the top one percent pay ahuge percentage of federal income tax receipts.
But there is another source of federal revenues that receives less attention: corporate income taxes. According to the Wall Street Journal’s recent study of Congressional Budget Office numbers, corporations are paying an effective rate of 12.1%, the lowest in at least 40 years. So why are some of the biggest and most powerful entities in our society getting away with paying so little? The story is complicated, but the biggest factor in the recent collapse in corporate tax receipts appears to be a set of tax breaks built into recent stimulus efforts.

Wall Street Journal owned by News Corp,which is owned by Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Darn Liberals,
but if you are using Google you seem to be very selective as to how to use it. You may need to stop typing how to respond to a liberal who always seems to have all the answers. You still lost though.

MAKAVELI

Awww what the heck,here is your source.

As the nation frets over slow growth and large budget deficits, much has been made over how much Americas are and should be paying in income tax. President Obama and Democrats have argued that the wealthiest among us are not paying their fair share. They say the spoils of the globalization and the internet revolution have gone almost exclusively to the very wealthy, and that, in times of crisis, more should be asked of those who can afford to give. Those on the right counter that the wealthy pay their fair share and, more, that the top one percent pay ahuge percentage of federal income tax receipts.
But there is another source of federal revenues that receives less attention: corporate income taxes. According to the Wall Street Journal’s recent study of Congressional Budget Office numbers, corporations are paying an effective rate of 12.1%, the lowest in at least 40 years. So why are some of the biggest and most powerful entities in our society getting away with paying so little? The story is complicated, but the biggest factor in the recent collapse in corporate tax receipts appears to be a set of tax breaks built into recent stimulus efforts.

Wall Street Journal owned by News Corp,which is owned by Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Darn Liberals,
but if you are using Google you seem to be very selective as to how to use it. You may need to stop typing how to respond to a liberal who always seems to have all the answers. You still lost though.

It doesn't matter to these republicans how low a tax rate the rich are paying. Because in their minds 1% is too much. They will always have an excuse as to wealthy and big business are hurting and they want to create jobs but big bad Obama is preventing them. The bull**** is so high in their party that's its up to their necks. The majority of working class citizens see right through it and that is why a overwhelming majority voted for Obama.

Lordtekk

It doesn't matter to these republicans how low a tax rate the rich are paying. Because in their minds 1% is too much. They will always have an excuse as to wealthy and big business are hurting and they want to create jobs but big bad Obama is preventing them. The bull**** is so high in their party that's its up to their necks. The majority of working class citizens see right through it and that is why a overwhelming majority voted for Obama.
The amazing thing is the last time they got a repatriation tax deal,they spent it on themselves in the form of dividends and bonuses. Even though they claim they wanted it to hire more people. SPH I totally agree with you,and the crazy thing is these people actually believe the B.S. shoveled at them. Of course let me say this before it is said. They will say "We believe the B.S. thrown at us". Liberals = Reality,Conservatives = Insanity.
I close with this:

Call it another Fox News fail. People who are not exposed to any news know more about domestic and international affairs than those who get their information from Fox News, according to a phone poll conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University. In general, cable news viewers, including those who watched MSNBC and CNN, could correctly answer fewer questions about domestic and international events than those who got their news elsewhere—including Comedy Central.

Overall, the survey found that Fox was the least informative news outlet, while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows were the most. Nuff Said..

vantexan

The amazing thing is the last time they got a repatriation tax deal,they spent it on themselves in the form of dividends and bonuses. Even though they claim they wanted it to hire more people. SPH I totally agree with you,and the crazy thing is these people actually believe the B.S. shoveled at them. Of course let me say this before it is said. They will say "We believe the B.S. thrown at us". Liberals = Reality,Conservatives = Insanity.
I close with this:

Call it another Fox News fail. People who are not exposed to any news know more about domestic and international affairs than those who get their information from Fox News, according to a phone poll conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University. In general, cable news viewers, including those who watched MSNBC and CNN, could correctly answer fewer questions about domestic and international events than those who got their news elsewhere—including Comedy Central.

Overall, the survey found that Fox was the least informative news outlet, while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows were the most. Nuff Said..

Someone saying the Wall Street Journal says...isn't the WSJ itself. Cite your source brave guy! Citing studies intent on discrediting FOX is bogus too. If FOX isn't credible then why do senior White House Staff keep appearing on FOX News Programs, especially their Sunday morning shows? And for someone who says he doesn't care about FOX you sure bring them up a lot!

Lordtekk

Someone saying the Wall Street Journal says...isn't the WSJ itself. Cite your source brave guy! Citing studies intent on discrediting FOX is bogus too. If FOX isn't credible then why do senior White House Staff keep appearing on FOX News Programs, especially their Sunday morning shows? And for someone who says he doesn't care about FOX you sure bring them up a lot!
I am not employed by the White House so I don't know,see I can admit that. Bub look it up yourself really just look it up you have said nothing to refute anything I say. As far as Fox News I get my dose of it from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report,the bastion of liberalism. You still lost though,hahahahahahahahaha. By the way cite your source that studies about Fox News are bogus,come on brave guy. Just like a Republic Party member,you do it,but I won't. Spare me,man up you lost this argument and now begins the name calling.

Goldilocks

If we are going to tax let's start with a Hollywood Tax, 50%, then a Pro tax for professional athletes, 50% of contract, too. Tax all their endorsements, too. In addition an Academic tax, graduate from college, taxed, get your phd, taxed....afterall, they did not do it on their own! RIGHT...Ummm

Lordtekk

If we are going to tax let's start with a Hollywood Tax, 50%, then a Pro tax for professional athletes, 50% of contract, too. Tax all their endorsements, too. In addition an Academic tax, graduate from college, taxed, get your phd, taxed....afterall, they did not do it on their own! RIGHT...Ummm
Now you are getting it,you are becoming a liberal. Welcome to the fold.

bbsam

Staff member
Never I was being sarcastic...

Why do people have such a hard time realizing that the Amerian government helps them succeed? It pulling oneself up by ones bootstraps didn't require assistance, people could stay in theeir own countries to do it. That's not always posesible.

vantexan

I am not employed by the White House so I don't know,see I can admit that. Bub look it up yourself really just look it up you have said nothing to refute anything I say. As far as Fox News I get my dose of it from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report,the bastion of liberalism. You still lost though,hahahahahahahahaha. By the way cite your source that studies about Fox News are bogus,come on brave guy. Just like a Republic Party member,you do it,but I won't. Spare me,man up you lost this argument and now begins the name calling.

Why refute an obvious lie? Why did Obama offer to drop the corporate tax to 28%, according to USAToday, if all they are paying is 12.1%? Your post reflects the mistaken view, based on envy, that we're all getting fleeced by corporations. On the one hand you want FedEx to pay us better but then you want the government to take as much as possible to finance various programs. They shouldn't make a profit, just send that to the government. It must be tough being you trying to dream up ways to get back at everyone who's keeping you from having a wonderful life in a liberal wonderland. Good luck with that!

vantexan

Why do people have such a hard time realizing that the Amerian government helps them succeed? It pulling oneself up by ones bootstraps didn't require assistance, people could stay in theeir own countries to do it. That's not always posesible.

True, if only people would avail themselves of free education, such as taking English classes.

bbsam

Staff member
Why refute an obvious lie? Why did Obama offer to drop the corporate tax to 28%, according to USAToday, if all they are paying is 12.1%? Your post reflects the mistaken view, based on envy, that we're all getting fleeced by corporations. On the one hand you want FedEx to pay us better but then you want the government to take as much as possible to finance various programs. They shouldn't make a profit, just send that to the government. It must be tough being you trying to dream up ways to get back at everyone who's keeping you from having a wonderful life in a liberal wonderland. Good luck with that!
You are showing a lack of understanding of tax policy. For Obama to drop the rate to 28% would be a huge influx of tax receipts because the other side of that is doing away with deductions.

vantexan

You are showing a lack of understanding of tax policy. For Obama to drop the rate to 28% would be a huge influx of tax receipts because the other side of that is doing away with deductions.

No I'm repeating what USAToday reported Monday, that Obama has offered to drop the corporate tax rate to 28% as long as it covers both domestic and foreign income. That would actually increase taxes for multinationals and they quoted some think tank guy as saying it would drive corporations to move their headquarters overseas.

bbsam

Staff member
No I'm repeating what USAToday reported Monday, that Obama has offered to drop the corporate tax rate to 28% as long as it covers both domestic and foreign income. That would actually increase taxes for multinationals and they quoted some think tank guy as saying it would drive corporations to move their headquarters overseas.
Overseas has other expenses.