Good price for purchasing fedex routes?

dmac1

Considering a cash offer, would 1-1.5x "net" + vehicle equity be a decent purchase price for fedex routes?

Net numbers based on manager run op, with owner doing mostly admin work, and not acting as a daily driver/manager working 20hrs a week more or less.

If there are multiple years left on the contract, 1 x net might be decent, but if the contract is up for renewal soon, you run the risk of changes. Being new, you have more chance of some screw-up until you learn the ropes. Having more experience at renewal puts you in a safer spot. They likely won't fire you for minor problems, but the more time you go after any initial hiccups before renewal time, the better. Make sure it is actual net AFTER taxes and if vehicles are already fully depreciated, next years tax liability will be higher and decrease your cash flow.

P1 Failure

Sweet, that can pay for 2 jars of the good stuff!

https://www.amazon.com/Grey-Poupon-...ocphy=9003925&hvtargid=pla-652548399746&psc=1

But, yeah, the OP did his homework... let him take the risk. It's his $

Just be wary of hiring jokers like this bozo:

No seatbelt while driving among other things ~ smh
Not any different than I see on my rte with the ground crew. No seat belts on,not in full uniform(there was a dude that never wore any FedEx clothing)doors wide open,truck running while they are delivering,etc.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yes, the standard norm these days because the subcontractors have to tolerate it or pay more $ for someone who takes pride in their work & stays safe on the road. (Cough Cough)

That Dominican FXG dude I linked here seems to be a productive worker, he just needs a bit more guidance to keep him safe on the road.

I have no idea why FXG YouTube videos are increasing, their subcontractors better tell them not to do it dangerously like that guy.

Or film inside the terminal... prohibited or totally not allowed?

OrioN

Shrugs, he did his part by delivering and picking up his assigned stops without any incidents.

I guess that's good enough for that subcontractor

OrioN

That's what bacha was touting about all this time...

With Amazon coming into the subcontractor DSP model & possibly paying better than some FXG subcontractors, the employee pool will be even lower & they'll have to tolerate workers like that one.

Why u think some FXG subcontractors are upping the bennies like PTO and bonuses? That dips into the bottom line though...

The only thing I see that's a con in Amazon DSPs, those drivers doesn't have a set area daily... If they can see that staying in the same town daily will increase productivity and decrease complaints/ disputes / misdeliveries, then I may have to try them.

I'm seeing Amazonian drivers switching to FXG & vice versa at the last terminal I was at; it basically falls on the management team... poorly run,or not compensated enough & they'll switch subcontractors or wise up and try FXE, USPS, UPS

Last edited:

OrioN

Hey, I gotz da answers to a typical FXG interview test questions... grab a pen & paper, prospective employees!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He has horrible methods.

He’s the kind of Ground guy that would apply at Express, get hired, and then quit about 2 months after his training was complete because “That’s not how we did it at Ground” and “I don’t know what the problem is, I got everything off” and “Why go down that street twice?” and “I don’t know why this stuff matters.”

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
He’s the kind of Ground guy that would apply at Express, get hired, and then quit about 2 months after his training was complete because “That’s not how we did it at Ground” and “I don’t know what the problem is, I got everything off” and “Why go down that street twice?” and “I don’t know why this stuff matters.”
I cringed every time I saw him step around that hand cart. That looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We had multiple ex Ground drivers at my station who quit because they hated all the rules at Express. Lol.

OrioN

I cringed every time I saw him step around that hand cart. That looked like an accident waiting to happen.

Yeah, I dunno why these FXG drivers don't secure their hand carts...

I used FREE weather bags to secure my Harper's 2 wheeler...

sketch-1578358093733.png

OrioN

We had multiple ex Ground drivers at my station who quit because they hated all the rules at Express. Lol.
Smh, didn't courier class explains why your nda are segregated into p1 p2 etc???

Because the shippers requested them at those time windows, so no straight lining like in FXG???