Goodbye UPS

ManInBrown

UPS is in all honesty an opportunity of a lifetime for some. If you’re highly educated and can get some type of white collar job than obviously not. But for someone like me it was the greatest thing to happen for me. Wasn’t a great student in school. I could never make the money I make at any other company. I wouldn’t be qualified for the job. That being said it’s not for everyone. If you’re weak minded you have no chance. You’ll never make it. Because to make the really good money you need to at some point become a package car driver. The harassment can be overwhelming for some. If you’re like me, it’s a walk in the park. If you have the ability to stand up for yourself and you do the job the right way and you don’t take shortcuts, and if anything goes wrong you report it immediately, you’re bulletproof. I never thought in my life I’d have a job making $90k a year, with the ability to make $120k basically anytime I want by just working OT or taking a road job that’s 11-12 hours a day. I owe this company the life it gave me. We all get down sometimes about how management is and this and that but you couldn’t make the money we make, to do what we do, anywhere else.

Last edited:

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Well, it's been a blast lurking here the past couple years, I finally decided to sign up and now I'm headed out. Another Peak is upon us and after being short staffed ALL summer long, and having already having an extra trailer of volume every day the last 2 weeks we still haven't hired ANY new seasonal workers and my manager doesn't know anything about when we'll be getting any. We had 3 down to start in the last 3 weeks but none of them made it a full week if they showed up at all.

I just put in my final notice, November 24th, 2021. Their insurance isn't worth it.
Whatever man I love preload. It’s a really good job. Maybe you just weren’t working fast I mean safe enough.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
yesterday I was out till 830 to come back and realize literally everybody was clocked out by 630.
giphy-5.gif

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I’m currently looking for other options as well. I get called upon to help every Tom, dick and Harry. But yesterday I was out till 830 to come back and realize literally everybody was clocked out by 630. UPS is a bull:censored2: job for robots who have no other skill. I will 100% go out on route and abandon the route at my first stop and throw the keys as far as I can when I get something else lined up. No notice. No :censored2:s given. Fah-Q UPS
Thanks for covering my 8hr 😊

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
i was something like 8 hours overallowed. I was told my "stunt" was seen by "The highest eyes" and i was being "watched" . I cracked up,even my Steward couldn't keep a straight face. My center manager was so mad he could have spit nails,he really got his :censored2: chewed . I was told even though my retirement date was set I could still be fired yada yada, threats ,threats, more threats . An OMS told me later that the morning Conference Call over the matter had been EPIC. I really paid management back for all of the years of harassment and BS i had to endure =)
I'd give you 12 beers if I could.

ManInBrown

UPS is in all honesty an opportunity of a lifetime for some. If you’re highly educated and can get some type of white collar job than obviously not. But for someone like me it was the greatest thing to happen for me. Wasn’t a great student in school. I could never make the money I make at any other company. I wouldn’t be qualified for the job. That being said it’s not for everyone. If you’re weak minded you have no chance. You’ll never make it. Because to make the really good money you need to at some point become a package car driver. The harassment can be overwhelming for some. If you’re like me, it’s a walk in the park. If you have the ability to stand up for yourself and you do the job the right way and you don’t take shortcuts, and if anything goes wrong you report it immediately, you’re bulletproof. I never thought in my life I’d have a job making $90k a year, with the ability to make $120k basically anytime I want by just working OT or taking a road job that’s 11-12 hours a day. I owe this company the life it gave me. We all get down sometimes about how management is and this and that but you couldn’t make the money we make, to do what we do, anywhere else.
I don’t know who rated this post optimistic because I didn’t bother to look, but I know this company like the back of my hand, package driver and now feeder driver. There’s nothing optimistic about what I posted. It’s 100% fact.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I don’t know who rated this post optimistic because I didn’t bother to look, but I know this company like the back of my hand, package driver and now feeder driver. There’s nothing optimistic about what I posted. It’s 100% fact.
It tells you who rated what and when when you click it...

Helping.