Got hurt at work.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Got MRI done, waiting to see what report says. From what I see and compared to online looks like two bulging disc's. Incident happened in June, been on TAW with two weeks vacation in between. Question is did they try to deny your workers comp pay for herniated disc? So far they have approved all of my medical and I am with my own doctor. Curious by August 14 ish (when I would go out of work) if they will try to deny my pay and say it wasn't work related (pre existing).
Even if it is pre existing, they hired you as you were. The job aggravated it, they are liable. I had an old shoulder injury from a dislocation that occurred 7 years before I started at UPS, I ended up going out on comp and had surgery, UPS paid.

UnionStrong

Absolutely but you should not go to the doctor and get an MRI on your own. Gonna be a long battle. Probably won’t get paid for a while.
It’s a bit different now. That was in 99. They paid for the MRI, surgery, Physical Therapy, and I was out almost a year. Never even got a lawyer. I got paid within 2 weeks.

Cgs1226

Even if it is pre existing, they hired you as you were. The job aggravated it, they are liable. I had an old shoulder injury from a dislocation that occurred 7 years before I started at UPS, I ended up going out on comp and had surgery, UPS paid.
Ok, thanks for the positive reinforcement.

Thebrownblob

I didn't go on my own. Approved by Liberty Mutual as I stated.
So liberty mutual approved you’re going to your own doctor? and they’re paying for it then what’s the problem? As long as you’re certain your insurance isn’t paying for it and liberty mutual is you’re fine.

Cgs1226

So liberty mutual approved you’re going to your own doctor? and they’re paying for it then what’s the problem?
Did what I write not make sense to you? Curious if I'm not better by the time my TAW is up, will they still deny my claim for payment. Looking for insight on here, finding mixed answers at Hub.

Thebrownblob

Did what I write not make sense to you? Curious if I'm not better by the time my TAW is up, will they still deny my claim for payment. Looking for insight on here, finding mixed answers at Hub.
No, it didn’t make sense. It’s pretty clear you’re already in the work comp system or you wouldn’t have had TAW you’re fine. When you go on lost time they will pay you.

Unfortunately, some drivers decide to go to the doctor, their selves and get treatment outside of the company and then there are denied.

UnionStrong

When your TAW is up you either go home and get Comp checks while awaiting surgery or you go back to work. If you can’t work anymore they can give you a settlement and you resign.

UnionStrong

No, it didn’t make sense. It’s pretty clear you’re already in the work comp system or you wouldn’t have had TAW you’re fine. When you go on lost time they will pay you.

Unfortunately, some drivers decide to go to the doctor, their selves and get treatment outside of the company and then there are denied.
Gotta play the game according to the rules

Thebrownblob

When your TAW is up you either go home and get Comp checks while awaiting surgery or you go back to work. If you can’t work anymore they can give you a settlement and you resign.
Depending on his rating after his injury, he will also get a settlement check, if he has a good lawyer it will be more

Cgs1226

Yes in the system, but still hear from some Drivers that when TAW is up and they go for they're workers comp pay, LM denies it to try and stall. But yes, they have approved everything so far for medical. Attorney and Doctor said that is a plus, but still possible for them to deny claim for payment. Thank you

Thebrownblob

Yes in the system, but still hear from some Drivers that when TAW is up and they go for they're workers comp pay, LM denies it to try and stall. But yes, they have approved everything so far for medical. Attorney and Doctor said that is a plus, but still possible for them to deny claim for payment. Thank you
They won’t

UnionStrong

Unlikely that they will deny the claim unless it’s shady. They may send you to another doctor for another opinion.