Got hurt at work.

Jackofnotrades

No am a cover driver as well. I am maxed at 28.66 for air. I am still under preload pay because I haven't received full time as of yet. So workmans comp will only cover my base pay even though I was at 72,000 for last year
I was paid by workmans comp for 2/3s of my gross income 13 weeks prior to my injury witch put me in the seasonal time frame. Sense I was put on a a baseline route for seasonal I was paid the max of what my state gives witch is 933.42 weekly.

Jackofnotrades

Get a lawyer to cover your back. I know a driver who had a not so nice adventure.
No need for a lawyer... Back to work already, but I made sure I was in contact with State dept for workmans comp to make sure everything was documented. Might as well use the ones I pay taxes to instead of paying a retainer fee to a lawyer who might of made things worse

mlb748

Sorry. You are wrong. No payday for a hernia at ups. Ever
I had an umbilical hernia received worker's comp had the surgery and received a lump sum for scaring. even though you may not get a payout on the hernia itself you can for scaring if it alters your self image and can argue that you are now self conscious because of the scar you now have to live with. This was in 2000/2001

mlb748

I did not say a hernia was not workers comp. I said it doesn't apply to fat sums of money due to an impairment rating. Please pay attention. I had workers comp for 3 hernias, a herniated disk, and shoulder surgery. I am very experienced in the process while you my friend are not

Not Rushin’

If you got the injury today, make sure you fill out an injury report no matter what you do. Do not leave the property until you do or you will risk the company denying the claim. Your management team might try to try to talk you out of it, don't let them. They can work you up to 29 days of TAW(light duty), then you go on Workman's Comp. I've had three, you will be out of work 2-3 months.
How much does Comp pay in MI?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Got a Hernia today. Limited duty of 5 lbs or less. I am a cover driver and preload. Well can't drive until after surgery and can only work a limited amount of time each day. Is there a chance of collecting workers compensation? Im pretty much income negative for the next 6 week's. Just was wondering if others have been in this situation and could give some feed back
Lmao

J.D. Hogg

Every state's Worker's Compesation laws are different. You need to contact your steward. Don't depend on the company to steer you in the right direction. To them you are now a liability and they will try to find a way to make you go away. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND.
Absolutely true!

In my building, if you get hurt, you are a 'problem' and management will simply ignore your attempts to contact them about returning to work for as long as they can -- hoping you'll quit.
:hangin:

Supervisors do NOT care about your health.
They care about their paychecks.

Cgs1226

I did not say a hernia was not workers comp. I said it doesn't apply to fat sums of money due to an impairment rating. Please pay attention. I had workers comp for 3 hernias, a herniated disk, and shoulder surgery. I am very experienced in the process while you my friend are not
Got MRI done, waiting to see what report says. From what I see and compared to online looks like two bulging disc's. Incident happened in June, been on TAW with two weeks vacation in between. Question is did they try to deny your workers comp pay for herniated disc? So far they have approved all of my medical and I am with my own doctor. Curious by August 14 ish (when I would go out of work) if they will try to deny my pay and say it wasn't work related (pre existing).

Over70irregs

Got MRI done, waiting to see what report says. From what I see and compared to online looks like two bulging disc's. Incident happened in June, been on TAW with two weeks vacation in between. Question is did they try to deny your workers comp pay for herniated disc? So far they have approved all of my medical and I am with my own doctor. Curious by August 14 ish (when I would go out of work) if they will try to deny my pay and say it wasn't work related (pre existing).
One word. Lawyer. Have them on standby. Keep a folder/box with all paperwork. Keep a journal because you will not remember everything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Every center has a few professional patients. Pick their brains, they know their stuff when it comes to working the system.

Thebrownblob

Every center has a few professional patients. Pick their brains, they know their stuff when it comes to working the system.
Sure could be, but anybody that goes through the work comp procedure without a lawyer is a fool, UPS has 15 lawyers working against you in the background at all times they’re the ones that really know how to work the system.