Got hurt at work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F54DB838-1360-41F2-ADCB-18923D1E10F7.gif
IM ON WORKERMANS COMP. I DONT NEED A LAWYER.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I'll be back to light duty in 2 more weeks and preying to god no restrictions in another 5 weeks or s
I’ve had two inguinal hernia surgeries, I would wait till 8 weeks. Your surgery takes actually up to a year to fully heal..the mesh connects to tissue etc. Do yourself a favor and come back when you feel %100, you want to come back too early and rupture your repair? Your on comp take your time , health is #1.

Jackofnotrades

I would explain the incident and ask what steps I should take to see that I get full compensation that I am entitled to.
But I am. 80% of the average amount of gross of the 13 weeks prior to the injury. Witch puts me smack dab in the middle of peak. So for me to open my mouth would be stupid.

Jackofnotrades

I’ve had two inguinal hernia surgeries, I would wait till 8 weeks. Your surgery takes actually up to a year to fully heal..the mesh connects to tissue etc. Do yourself a favor and come back when you feel %100, you want to come back too early and rupture your repair? Your on comp take your time , health is #1.
Now that makes sense. That would be a time to consult someone if they throw threats my way with trying to get me back earlier then im supposed to. Because the problem is, if I get hurt even on light duty UPS will pin it on me and workmans comp will drop me. Now that is the question of me being able to be selective of what light duty they put me on. Paperwork fine. But sweeping out trailers or small sort still can pose a risk. Especially if my incision is still not fully healed and it gets infected or me going up and down stairs to cause pressure if the mesh is not stabilized with tissue as of yet

Integrity

Binge Poster
But I am. 80% of the average amount of gross of the 13 weeks prior to the injury. Witch puts me smack dab in the middle of peak. So for me to open my mouth would be stupid.
I believe you may be entitled to a flat sum depending on the type of injury as well, but an attorney would know better not me.

ManInBrown

Get a lawyer ASAP. You have a workers comp case on your hands, and a nice little payday. If you don’t get a lawyer, you’re leaving 20K on the table. Anyone that tells you different has no clue what they’re talking about. You got injured. That injury happened on the job. You need surgery. Do not listen to IE sucks who said hernias don’t apply to workers comp cases. He’s either clueless, or doesn’t want to see you get a fat payday. Stubbing your toe can be a workers comp case.

IESucks

Get a lawyer ASAP. You have a workers comp case on your hands, and a nice little payday. If you don’t get a lawyer, you’re leaving 20K on the table. Anyone that tells you different has no clue what they’re talking about. You got injured. That injury happened on the job. You need surgery. Do not listen to IE sucks who said hernias don’t apply to workers comp cases. He’s either clueless, or doesn’t want to see you get a fat payday. Stubbing your toe can be a workers comp case.
I did not say a hernia was not workers comp. I said it doesn't apply to fat sums of money due to an impairment rating. Please pay attention. I had workers comp for 3 hernias, a herniated disk, and shoulder surgery. I am very experienced in the process while you my friend are not

IESucks

I personally would still consult WC Attorney.

By all means don't.

Each person must decide on their own.
It's just not neccesary under normal circumstances. I'm sure there are horror stories about ups comp cases where a lawyer could help. If everything works the way it should through your liberty mutual advisor it's just not needed. On the other hand I did have some questions my first time and looked up my local workers comp state office and paid them a free visit.

ManInBrown

I did not say a hernia was not workers comp. I said it doesn't apply to fat sums of money due to an impairment rating. Please pay attention. I had workers comp for 3 hernias, a herniated disk, and shoulder surgery. I am very experienced in the process while you my friend are not
You have no clue what you’re talking about. Anytime you get surgery for any type of injury at work, it’s a fat payday. You go under the knife, and they’re cutting you a fat check. Believe me. I have first hand knowledge. I was in a car accident at a previous job 15 years ago. Never got surgery. I’ve re-opened the comp case 3 times and in total I’ve gotten 120K tax free. And that’s no surgery. OP is sitting on at least 20K, minimum.

This will be my last post in this thread. You’re clueless. Not going to argue with someone on the interwebz. OP, call a lawyer. Good luck.

IESucks

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Anytime you get surgery for any type of injury at work, it’s a fat payday. You go under the knife, and they’re cutting you a fat check. Believe me. I have first hand knowledge. I was in a car accident at a previous job 15 years ago. Never got surgery. I’ve re-opened the comp case 3 times and in total I’ve gotten 120K tax free. And that’s no surgery. OP is sitting on at least 20K, minimum.
Sorry. You are wrong. No payday for a hernia at ups. Ever

IESucks

This will be my last post in this thread. You’re clueless. Not going to argue with someone on the interwebz. OP, call a lawyer. Good luck.
Tell us about your workers comp cases at ups?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's just not neccesary under normal circumstances. I'm sure there are horror stories about ups comp cases where a lawyer could help. If everything works the way it should through your liberty mutual advisor it's just not needed. On the other hand I did have some questions my first time and looked up my local workers comp state office and paid them a free visit.
Fair statement.