Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Really....

“During this shutdown, people will have to deal with some of their favorite parks and museums being closed,” Obama told reporters. “Just keep in mind, they will always be there. The Grand Canyon and the Smithsonian are not going anywhere.” Obama continued, “The International Museum of Muslim Cultures is sacred. That is why I have taken it upon myself to use my own personal funds to re-open this historic piece of American culture.”

- See more at: Obama Uses Own Money To Open Muslim Museum Amid Government Shutdown - National Report | National Report

over9five

Staff member
Really....

“During this shutdown, people will have to deal with some of their favorite parks and museums being closed,” Obama told reporters. “Just keep in mind, they will always be there. The Grand Canyon and the Smithsonian are not going anywhere.” Obama continued, “The International Museum of Muslim Cultures is sacred. That is why I have taken it upon myself to use my own personal funds to re-open this historic piece of American culture.”
I'm sure it is sacred....... to Muslims.

over9five

Staff member
Really....

Yuck, just re-read that. Hate to think of Muslim culture as American culture. All that hatred of anyone not Muslim, and all that infidel crap is un-American.

bbsam

Staff member
Yuck, just re-read that. Hate to think of Muslim culture as American culture. All that hatred of anyone not Muslim, and all that infidel crap is un-American.

I suppose Hispanic culture doesn't constitute American culture either, eh? African American? Native American?

over9five

Staff member

I suppose Hispanic culture doesn't constitute American culture either, eh? African American? Native American?

​Actually, not sure if you were being obtuse or you should simply re-read what I wrote.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't think any of those comes close to the Muslim "religious" hate .
Muslim is definitely different that those that were mentioned.........radical maniacs who kill in the name of allah. Instead of discussing the subject, he (bbsam) changes the subject.
Must've learned that ploy from Obama.

bbsam

Staff member
​Actually, not sure if you were being obtuse or you should simply re-read what I wrote.

Wondering why you want to lump all Muslims in the same group. I read the same Bible that conservative Southern Baptists read but I don't hold nearly the same theological view point.

over9five

Staff member
Wondering why you want to lump all Muslims in the same group. I read the same Bible that conservative Southern Baptists read but I don't hold nearly the same theological view point.
Hasn't Obama lumped all Muslims in the same "sacred" group by using his own money to keep their museum open?

bbsam

Staff member
Hasn't Obama lumped all Muslims in the same "sacred" group by using his own money to keep their museum open?
Possibly. But he has taken the admirable tenets of the vast majority whereas you have chosen to focus only on the reprehensible views of a small minority.

over9five

Staff member
Possibly. But he has taken the admirable tenets of the vast majority whereas you have chosen to focus only on the reprehensible views of a small minority.
I most certainly did not. Both things I said came right from their Holy Book. It is surely not a minority of Muslims that believe in the Quran.

over9five

Staff member
The Bible is no less violent.
I agree. the difference is the Bible is violent for the stories it tells of the past.
The Quran encourages violence forever.

"Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran." - thereligionofpeace.com

over9five

Staff member
The Bible claims to the Word of God valid for all men and in all ages.

Isn't there also a lot of good in the Bible?

Unlike the Quran:

"Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy - and that of his companions - along with the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history." - thereligionofpeace.com