GPS in the ground system... (on topic, obvs)

STFXG

Chrysler had a partnership deal with Mercedes to rebadge the sprinter. When Chrysler filed Chapter 11 it broke the contract and Mercedes started selling them in house.
I’ve owned all 3 trucks. The Promaster is far more dependable than the sprinter and the cost of ownership is significantly lower. My transits aren’t all that battle tested yet, but so far they’ve been decent.

MAKAVELI

Chrysler had a partnership deal with Mercedes to rebadge the sprinter. When Chrysler filed Chapter 11 it broke the contract and Mercedes started selling them in house.
I’ve owned all 3 trucks. The Promaster is far more dependable than the sprinter and the cost of ownership is significantly lower. My transits aren’t all that battle tested yet, but so far they’ve been decent.
The sprinters are more efficient to work out of. Bulkhead doors and shelves with a sliding door makes for better del truck.

STFXG

Not even close. Still about $15k cheaper when both are built out. $30 oil change compared to $120. Parts are 1/2 of the price of Mercedes parts. Better turn radius. Less safety features and not as smooth of a ride as a sprinter. You just have to be a 5’6” Italian to drive it without kinking your neck.

bbsam

Staff member
225B266C-8293-48D3-A394-5DA3010FAB67.jpeg

One of our local drivers had to be removed from this carnage a month ago.

MAKAVELI

Not even close. Still about $15k cheaper when both are built out. $30 oil change compared to $120. Parts are 1/2 of the price of Mercedes parts. Better turn radius. Less safety features and not as smooth of a ride as a sprinter. You just have to be a 5’6” Italian to drive it without kinking your neck.
Longevity and reliability of the diesel makes it a push.

Star B

White Lightening
You just have to be a 5’6” Italian to drive it without kinking your neck.
See, there's my major problem with it. I'm a 6'3" 300lb gorilla.... I think even set up like how the other trucks are, the center console would still be in the way.

Some of the other issues you have with the Sprinters aren't an issue here at Express. We do our own oil changes.. and I'm sure we don't pay anywhere near retail for parts.

One of our local drivers had to be removed from this carnage a month ago.
What did he hit/hit him?

bbsam

Staff member
See, there's my major problem with it. I'm a 6'3" 300lb gorilla.... I think even set up like how the other trucks are, the center console would still be in the way.

Some of the other issues you have with the Sprinters aren't an issue here at Express. We do our own oil changes.. and I'm sure we don't pay anywhere near retail for parts.

What did he hit/hit him?
Semi pulled out in front of him on an icy road.