Grievance on Feeder start pay?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I'm probably not going to sound so smart as I don't know all of the information or terminology, but here's the jist...

I'm in 776, feeder driver hired last June. Right before peak began, grievances were aired and filed that a couple of drivers were hired in at peak rate but they hit full time before peak started. Evidently this happened at other places in the country but I don't know how many. It is going to the national board, if that's the correct term, that convenes here shortly. 776 is apparently deferring representing the case to another local somewhere else in the country as they are considered having more knowledge of presenting a grievance of this nature.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything similar? I have yet to see anyone mention it anywhere outside of what I hear in Harrisburg or Carlisle. The stewards and BA's say it's definitely a real thing that's proceeding, that it's a valid grievance with a strong case, but they also think that it will go the company's way. Anyway, not really wondering about likely outcomes, just more curious if anyone has heard the same that is in a different local. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.

Made brown

So am I correct to assume the peak drivers were hired on full time off the street and red circled at their peak rate instead of starting with the progression?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Supposedly there were 2 in our building. Found out Wednesday that the grievance was heard at the national board a week or two ago and deadlocked so it is moving on to the next next stage, a mediator I think?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Supposedly there were 2 in our building. Found out Wednesday that the grievance was heard at the national board a week or two ago and deadlocked so it is moving on to the next next stage, a mediator I think?
Still not sure what your asking about. Is Your pay less then someone else with less seniority? Please elaborate

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
224 Mafia members snuck into feeduhs...

Making more....

Told you we are untouchable

tenor.gif

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Sorry, yes the point of the grievance is that guys with less seniority were paid more. Specifically the peak rate, which was $33/hr. They hit their 30 for FT right before peak started but were put at 33/hr.

Made brown

Im sure you have heard that in the central California city of visalia, they hired feeder positions off the street and skipped the progression. They got full rate from day 1. It's been happening.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Isn't this whole board basically worrying about the other guy? Lol. I of course have interest in the grievance, it could result in a substantial penalty(if that's the correct word).

And you are absolutely correct about trouble hiring. Carlisle/Harrisburg/York is one of the biggest trucking centers in the country. I've heard the same driver shortage BS even before I started driving 28 years ago, but here lately it actually Is a thing. Every company in the area has raised starting pay and giving hiring bonuses.

Our building as of last week went to 28 an hour starting wage. Huge boon for me as I only started with UPS last June. Big for a lot of our guys actually as we have a lot of off the street hires in the last 2 to 3 years.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Im sure you have heard that in the central California city of visalia, they hired feeder positions off the street and skipped the progression. They got full rate from day 1. It's been happening.
Happened here as well.

I thought a bigger stink would have been made at that time.

WTFm8

Wages are minimums.

York has complained about the Harrisburg and Carlisle hubs getting higher inside wages while nothing happens in York.

In the last month drivers have been instructed to unload their package cars if they have less then 50 pieces probably a dozen times.