Grills!

over9five

Staff member
Time to get rid of the old Char-Broil. It only does one setting now..... Blowtorch Mode!

I've decided to buy American made, no more of this Chinese crap. That limits me to certain Weber models, only their high end stuff is made in the US. Unless someone knows of other grills made here?

Of course, I'll miss the bullet hole in the lid of the Char-Broil. Great conversation starter...!

over9five

Staff member
f851709a-ec76-4d4d-9e22-67f1af7daa37_300.jpg

Wifey likes this Weber. It's only $1899 at Home Depot.

We will not be getting it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Time to get rid of the old Char-Broil. It only does one setting now..... Blowtorch Mode!

I've decided to buy American made, no more of this Chinese crap. That limits me to certain Weber models, only their high end stuff is made in the US. Unless someone knows of other grills made here?

Of course, I'll miss the bullet hole in the lid of the Char-Broil. Great conversation starter...!

That looks like my grill. But yours is cleaner and has the added bullet hole vent.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We bought this one last fall at Costco's end of season clearance: Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill

350-538124-847__1.jpg

It's a lot less expensive if you buy it if you pick it up from a Costco store rather than ordering it to be delivered. It uses lump charcoal, so it's not as convenient to use as a propane grill. The nice thing about it is that it can be used it to sear, grill, smoke meat and veggies as well as bake pizzas and bread.

I'm not sure where it was made, but it's ceramic... so that bullet hole thing would possibly shatter it.

Have you ever seen a cobb? I think they were invented in South Africa. I don't know where they're made now. It's a tabletop grill that was a Time magazine's invention of the year several years ago. We originally bought one a couple of years ago to use while camping, but it works so well that we've used it at least once a week ever since. Yesterday Tony smoked salmon in it. We mainly use it for barbecuing or smoking chicken, ribs or salmon.

It uses charcoal too, so if you're looking for propane or natural gas this isn't what you're looking for.

51jKuhTJs6L._SX450_.jpg

Amazon.com: Cobb CB220 Premier Kitchen-In-A-Bag

ups hero

Of course she likes it..lol. I would too. I love grilling. Weber is a great brand. They are expensive, but they are built like a tank. They probably weigh as much too. Lol. I have been eyeballing the Genesis model with the copper lid the last couple of years. They run around 800. I have only read and heard positive feedback about Weber. Last year I bought a Char Griller duo from Lowes for 300. It's not as nice as a Weber but I'm very happy with it. Lots of space, even heating, gas, charcoal combo, and a side element. The only knock I have about my grill is
The cover. I paid 40 for it, it looked beautiful. However, just a few weeks it faded really bad. But hey, check out this grill. I highly recommend it. They even sell a smoker attachment for it. It's I believe 70. Check it out.

klein

Für Meno :)
I won this one last year, because I stopped for a beer after work. (the lounge had it on display to win it).
Built and made in Canada.
P5002.jpg
logo_napoleon.png
Gas Grill P500
Prestige® Series

Starting from $999 MSRP (CDN/USA)

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

My charbroil died a couple weeks ago-
One valve broke & I literally had a blow torch out of the knob,
I have a weber at my camp, & love it.
I don't know the model off hand, but it was about 350-400 at oconnors.
Cooks great. The grills are cast with skillet areas & grilling areas. Doesn't look big overall, but has tons of grilling area

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Sorry, missed the part about the Chinese made webers.
More importantly, what's the story with the bullet hole??!!

over9five

Staff member

I'll admit it, I shot it!

Actually, I was shooting at a squirrel that was sitting on it. It wasn't as bad a shot as you think, I was 40 feet away with a small DAO pistol with a very short barrel and no sights. I didn't even know I hit the grill till the next time I used it, couldn't see the hole with the grill cover on it.

​My son says we should take the new grill into the woods and shoot it too. Adds character, he says....!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

I'll admit it, I shot it!

Actually, I was shooting at a squirrel that was sitting on it. It wasn't as bad a shot as you think, I was 40 feet away with a small DAO pistol with a very short barrel and no sights. I didn't even know I hit the grill till the next time I used it, couldn't see the hole with the grill cover on it.

​My son says we should take the new grill into the woods and shoot it too. Adds character, he says....!

Love it!
FYI, pellets work just fine on those tree rats.
You definitely should shoot it. Not just for character, but I'm sure with a little extra ventilation, whatever your grilling will taste even better.

S

serenity now

Actually, she is attempting to build up your self-esteem; she wants you to be able to say you've got the largest "something" on the block. That's just precious.