Grills!

South Central Illinois.

89453.jpg
89453.jpg

S

serenity now

He might be from southern Illinois...

i was thinking a little more Southern that, more like Spanish moss hanging from the Live Oaks, Magnolia blossoms as big as a dinner plate, that sort of thing

quamba 638

We're pretty happy with our Jenn-Aire. Had a bad storm take and throw it off the deck but it survived without a scratch.

That must have been expensive. I was looking at some Jenn air stoves to replace the one I have in the kitchen, and from what I understand they are all downdraft stoves, and very expensive. So it's either replace it with another downdraft stove, or redo all the duct work for an overhead.

Does anyone know if those oven hoods with built in filters work that well? As far as keeping smoke out?

barnyard

KTM rider
My Weber is a bit over 20 years old. I replaced the grill grids and flavorizer bars a couple of years ago and it should be good to go for another very long time. I do not use it as much as I used to because I have a Kamado Joe. I light the charcoal in a chimney and can be cooking on it in 20 minutes (from the time I dump the charcoal in the chimney.) The key is to not put very much charcoal in the chimney, it lights faster and hotter. Dump the lit charcoal in the KJ, go in the house to get whatever I am cooking and it is usually ready to go when I come back out.

I added an Auber Instruments controller and have started briskets at 8p, checked them the following morning and the temp is where I set it and I can have brisket for breakfast.

0731000826-M.jpg P7260006-M.jpg
0731000826-M.jpg
P7260006-M.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Bought the new grill yesterday. Managed to talk her out of the $1899 one, but it was still over a grand. I'll post a pic after we assemble it later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a cheaper version of the grill that you are now using for target practice. Actually it was my son's----I "inherited" it when he moved and no longer needed it. Mine doesn't have the side burner or utensil holder but, you know what, it still cooks my steaks just the way I like them--medium well.

over9five

Staff member
Where he used to live he could stand on his deck in his underwear and shoot at things.

Where he lives now all he can do is check out his neighbor while she is sunbathing.

She's out there every day, she's there now. Do you think she'd notice if I cut some bushes down? They really obstruct my view...

S

serenity now

She's out there every day, she's there now. Do you think she'd notice if I cut some bushes down? They really obstruct my view...

Just cut a large viewing aperture into the bushes. Should questions come up, say that you are taking Topiary classes online.