Ground - Oak Park

It will be fine

Confirms my opinion that Ground can’t replace Express.

Unless a complete business breakdown is acceptable.
Ground has to deal with rapid expansion to handle capacity. They have built many new buildings this last decade, Oak Park being one of them. It’s an issue that Express doesn’t have to deal with.

bacha29

Yeah but you and Dano claim how easy it is for Ground to get plenty of qualified applicants. Maybe you guys are wrong. ‘Ya think?
A poor setup to begin with is being expected to do more than that for which it was designed. What has happened at Oak Park has happened before in other places and will happen more often and in more places in the days ahead. It has always preyed on the socioeconomic underclass for the people they need to go into those hell holes and make the impossible possible. Even the small rural station I was at suffered from it's very beginning to this very day with high turnover and under staffing.

And with our national birth rate slowing and immigration stalled at the borders Fat Freddy might find himself with a bit of a problem here.

Gone fishin

Ground has this false reality that hordes of people are waiting in line to get a shot to work for them. The hubs work people to death with heavy packages and cubed trucks. The drivers now asked to get hundreds of stops off a day.
All by paying low wages and no benefits. There’s no future. Three different ground drivers in a month in my area.
Why’s this so hard to understand. There’s easier jobs for the same money everywhere

bacha29

Ground has this false reality that hordes of people are waiting in line to get a shot to work for them. The hubs work people to death with heavy packages and cubed trucks. The drivers now asked to get hundreds of stops off a day.
All by paying low wages and no benefits. There’s no future. Three different ground drivers in a month in my area.
Why’s this so hard to understand. There’s easier jobs for the same money everywhere
If they haven't woke up to the fact that they are outgrowing their supply of disposable grunts and throw away temporaries by now then they probably never will . After all the management style they embrace is called 'desperation management" When the situation gets desperate enough they'll do something about it . Right now it looks like it hasn't reached that level yet. Perhaps it has but they just don't realize it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And with our national birth rate slowing and immigration stalled at the borders Fat Freddy might find himself with a bit of a problem here.
Fat Freddy IS the root of the problem. His lust for UPS productivity in exchange for slave wages may be biting him in the ass. Something that’s been long overdue.

AB831

Fat Freddy IS the root of the problem. His lust for UPS productivity in exchange for slave wages may be biting him in the ass. Something that’s been long overdue.
How do you think it will happen? Higher and higher turnover leading to critical understaffing ? Or ground unionizing?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Look UP some local craig list postings. That state requires the drivers to get a chauffeurs license for vehicles over 10,000...

May as well get the enhanced license and transport people or other cargo for more pay.

Compensation: Weekly rate is $725 to start

M. C. Inc is looking for a qualified candidate to drive are straight truck. We are contracted with FedEx ground and you will be delivering to the Oak Park MI area. NO CDL required! If all goes well this can become long term. Looking to hire ASAP.

Job Expectations:
~60-100 deliveries per day
~Drive safely & be courteous to those around you

Compensation:
-$2/per stop!!
-$145 minimum per day!
-W2

Drug test required.

Funny that company doesn't mention getting a chauffeurs license... plus, the stop count are probably mainly b2b... no thanks

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Anyone on here work out of the Oak Park, Mi terminal? I currently have a package that arrived there almost 2 weeks ago and no scans for a week now? Seems like I'm not the only one wondering either. I have a co-worker that has been waiting over 2 months for a package that's stuck. Called the 800 number and was told they are a little backed up at that location. I even called the terminal itself and was told my package was still in a trailer. There has even been 2 local news stories on this place. What could possibly be going on there?

sorry brah it’s gone

was some decent weed I heard better luck next time

bacha29

They simply expanded the size of their hubs and terminals without ever stopping to make certain that there would be enough people living nearby to man the buildings Their reach simply exceeded their grasp.

HedleyLamarr

Sam mentioned in another thread, when the company's plans to roll some Express into Ground were being revealed to contractors, they made clear that the reverse could happen as well. If Ground is getting buried, Express could help them out. If it isn't happening in Oak Park now, it will probably never happen.

It will be fine

Sam mentioned in another thread, when the company's plans to roll some Express into Ground were being revealed to contractors, they made clear that the reverse could happen as well. If Ground is getting buried, Express could help them out. If it isn't happening in Oak Park now, it will probably never happen.
Sounds like they have enough contingency contractors and outside cartage agents, they just don’t have the people to sort the stuff.

OrioN

U got a link to some of the info on those terminals or a central source?

I may venture out to nearby states if they double up on my salary...

zeev

Saw it on YouTube just put in FedEx Ground they just handed out a social media memo at my location.

OrioN

Ugh, seems we need more drivers for our weekend/ Sunday ops... No going to nearby terminals to help out.

I took on 3 routes today since the 2 nearby routes had perishables and my main route only had 44 stops...

Gone fishin

Ordered a umbrella Monday for a party Saturday. Two day shipping , no problem. Supposed to come Wednesday , got pushed to Friday. Now arriving Monday , supposedly.
Surprise, it’s coming Fedex ground.
Keep telling me how great ground is , horrible

bacha29

Ordered a umbrella Monday for a party Saturday. Two day shipping , no problem. Supposed to come Wednesday , got pushed to Friday. Now arriving Monday , supposedly.
Surprise, it’s coming Fedex ground.
Keep telling me how great ground is , horrible
That's cheap shipping for you. Obviously helped Wayfair. On March 19,2020 a share of Wayfair was trading at $23 a share. Today.........$203.