Ground - Oak Park

Gone fishin

That's cheap shipping for you. Obviously helped Wayfair. On March 19,2020 a share of Wayfair was trading at $23 a share. Today.........$203.
Not in my world. Complained enough to get a free 150 dollar umbrella. They said they’ve had an influx of shipping complaints and their looking into it. Let’s see what happens when ground starts losing major accounts

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not in my world. Complained enough to get a free 150 dollar umbrella. They said they’ve had an influx of shipping complaints and their looking into it. Let’s see what happens when ground starts losing major accounts

To who, one of those idled package delivery companies lamenting the lack of package volume in this economy?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ordered a umbrella Monday for a party Saturday. Two day shipping , no problem. Supposed to come Wednesday , got pushed to Friday. Now arriving Monday , supposedly.
Surprise, it’s coming Fedex ground.
Keep telling me how great ground is , horrible
I’ve been saying how awful Ground is for a long time but its’ worshipers like @bbsam and @It will be fine are still in denial and probably always will be.

bacha29

I’ve been saying how awful Ground is for a long time but its’ worshipers like @bbsam and @It will be fine are still in denial and probably always will be.
Once upon a time there was a measure of prestige and stature to the major carriers . Today however they are all just "dump and run" operations completely devoid of an identity including Fat Freddy Inc. That's until there's a hub of a terminal in a place with a large media market that self destructs.

Now if the company has good PR spin doctors who can keep the bad press bottled up to within a local area and can quickly get back to the "new bad norm" it's not too bad. But, if the news goes national, it's bad and it happens frequently , now that's something entirely different.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Once upon a time there was a measure of prestige and stature to the major carriers . Today however they are all just "dump and run" operations completely devoid of an identity including Fat Freddy Inc. That's until there's a hub of a terminal in a place with a large media market that self destructs.

Now if the company has good PR spin doctors who can keep the bad press bottled up to within a local area and can quickly get back to the "new bad norm" it's not too bad. But, if the news goes national, it's bad and it happens frequently , now that's something entirely different.

And here we are in 2020 with Facebook and Instagram and Snapchat and Twitter with millions and millions of people who flood those platforms with complaints about anything and everything. A PR department can't contain that. Where are all of those viral stories about how awful FedEx is?

bacha29

And here we are in 2020 with Facebook and Instagram and Snapchat and Twitter with millions and millions of people who flood those platforms with complaints about anything and everything. A PR department can't contain that. Where are all of those viral stories about how awful FedEx is?
Based on what's getting out it would appear that it's "spin" won't spin long enough of deflective enough to cover up everything.

bbsam

Staff member
Based on what's getting out it would appear that it's "spin" won't spin long enough of deflective enough to cover up everything.
Have you considered that massive numbers of people are having the same experience with overburdened UPS centers? Maybe people are just kinda getting used to corporate idiocy.

zeev

Update on Oak Park Ground it is still rotting away there no such problem at UPS but of course when you pay drivers that kind of money what do you expect. Looks like the Ground employees and drivers with no future took their future elsewhere.

Gone fishin

Update on Oak Park Ground it is still rotting away there no such problem at UPS but of course when you pay drivers that kind of money what do you expect. Looks like the Ground employees and drivers with no future took their future elsewhere.
I thought thousands of people were chomping at the bit to work at ground

bbsam

Staff member
All is not good at UPS. Go check out the other forums around here.