Ground - Oak Park

outtatime

Anyone on here work out of the Oak Park, Mi terminal? I currently have a package that arrived there almost 2 weeks ago and no scans for a week now? Seems like I'm not the only one wondering either. I have a co-worker that has been waiting over 2 months for a package that's stuck. Called the 800 number and was told they are a little backed up at that location. I even called the terminal itself and was told my package was still in a trailer. There has even been 2 local news stories on this place. What could possibly be going on there?

It will be fine

Anyone on here work out of the Oak Park, Mi terminal? I currently have a package that arrived there almost 2 weeks ago and no scans for a week now? Seems like I'm not the only one wondering either. I have a co-worker that has been waiting over 2 months for a package that's stuck. Called the 800 number and was told they are a little backed up at that location. I even called the terminal itself and was told my package was still in a trailer. There has even been 2 local news stories on this place. What could possibly be going on there?

Covid knocked out a lot of workers early. They fell behind and no one wants to go help deliver in Detroit.

outtatime

Covid knocked out a lot of workers early. They fell behind and no one wants to go help deliver in Detroit.
You'd think they would unload the trailers in order of when they arrived and not whichever one is closest to the dock. Funny thing is, when the shipper asks questions they blame the riots and flooding, of which there is none of that in the area.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They better ramp up their hiring efforts...

I'm no where near that state to send our spare drivers & help bail them out

OrioN

You'd think they would unload the trailers in order of when they arrived and not whichever one is closest to the dock

Yeah, that would make too much common sense.

2 months ago, we were prioritizing essential stuff and perishables over the rest of the cargo.

Smalls were a close 2nd.

Then random stuff to fill out the delivery vehicles.

It will be fine

You'd think they would unload the trailers in order of when they arrived and not whichever one is closest to the dock. Funny thing is, when the shipper asks questions they blame the riots and flooding, of which there is none of that in the area.
My guess is they are trying to keep some volume on time while also working the backlog. The building sounds like a disaster. They haven’t been able to hire enough package handlers since it opened and Covid was gas on the fire. It’s near impossible to bring new people into that environment and retain them.

It will be fine

E9A28622-FCB8-4E49-95DD-1EDD28DB6E4F.jpeg

If I’ve learned anything from Eminem, this might be your problem.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Being a contractor in Oak Park Mi. has got to be such a wonderful experience right about now.

Doesn't look like corporate management, or should I say mismanagement is doing so much as lifting a finger to help the situation.

Maybe Fred should visit the area and remind Ground customers what an outstanding experience they're receiving.

OrioN

So the folks are getting paid more to stay unemployed than what that local FXG terminal is offering???

Time to increase the hourly rate!

Starting Pay $14.00-$14.50/hr
(depending on shifts)

Saturday and Sunday availability is required.

Available shift times:
Inbound 3:00*am $14.50
Outbound 4:00pm* $14.00
OTP: 12am/ Midnight $14.50

I looked up my local FXG terminal & to compete with Amazon and UPS buildings nearby, the package handlers are $18.00/hr + bonus for certain specialized jobs

Last edited:

AB831

So the folks are getting paid more to stay unemployed than what that local FXG terminal is offering???

Time to increase the hourly rate!

I looked up my local FXG terminal & to compete with Amazon and UPS buildings nearby, the package handlers are $18.00/hr + bonus for certain specialized jobs
Wow. You get to work those ungodly hours INCLUDING weekends all for the superb wage of $14.50 an hour??!? They might have to have tryouts from all the people who are going to be banging down the door to seize that opportunity.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Chances are it was stolen or damaged.

It will be fine

Wow. You get to work those ungodly hours INCLUDING weekends all for the superb wage of $14.50 an hour??!? They might have to have tryouts from all the people who are going to be banging down the door to seize that opportunity.
If you had one shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My guess is they are trying to keep some volume on time while also working the backlog. The building sounds like a disaster. They haven’t been able to hire enough package handlers since it opened and Covid was gas on the fire. It’s near impossible to bring new people into that environment and retain them.
Is the Express terminal in the same area suffering the same problem with personnel?