Ground to absorb Express

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Right and consider also the fact that when dealing " boulder in a box" size stuff X has to send a guy out to help the driver pull it off. Not the case with FXG..
Things must've changed more than I'd even realized since the days when I was a courier at X then. They never sent anyone out to help me offload those crates of anvils. :sad2:

Star B

White Lightening
I've brought back items that were too large and heavy for me to deal with myself. I've got no problems lifting something heavy if the ergonomics allow for it. However, your 100lb king size headboard set on your 4th story walkup. Nope! Send me with a helper because I'm not taking it myself.

dezguy

I've brought back items that were too large and heavy for me to deal with myself. I've got no problems lifting something heavy if the ergonomics allow for it. However, your 100lb king size headboard set on your 4th story walkup. Nope! Send me with a helper because I'm not taking it myself.

I bring back lots of stuff that management has force upon me. Either the customer couldn't help me, wouldn't help me or weren't home.

For the ones where the customer couldn't help me, a neighbouring route is instructed to help or the customer is asked by the manager to have someone capable of helping be there.

For those who refuse to help, those are left at the station for the customer to pick up. Yes, it's our job but within reason. I'm not tearing my back up because you wanted a gazebo for your backyard but we're dammed if you were going to drive to the store 5 minutes away because you didn't want to have to deal with moving it when you got home. I'll just let the FedEx guy do it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Perhaps you aren't aware, they are even more restrictive. They don't handle many of the packages we are referencing.

We are referencing packages with oversize dimensions, and they will accept packages up to 130" (length x width). We start charging extra fees if one side of the package exceeds 60".

MAKAVELI

We are referencing packages with oversize dimensions, and they will accept packages up to 130" (length x width). We start charging extra fees if one side of the package exceeds 60".
Maybe you didn't understand the first time. USPS weight and size LIMITS are less than EXPRESS.

Exec32

Just an observation.... If Ground (green) is going to absorb Express (orange), why is Orange the new color for all opcos???

Another observation: Reputation is the single most guarded attribute at FDX after profits. If Fred eventually wants to sell out completely, reputation gets you the most return on your dollar when selling blue sky. The Ground division has done more damage to FDX reputation, even when returning a higher profit margin.
Yup..
The BRAND is not worth risking on shrinking margins and never ending lawsuits. Oh, and a completely fragmented inefficient system that will continuously be exposed from competition.