Guard Shack, Guns, Security

rod

Retired 22 years
A gun dealer on my route was never home so he had his guns delivered to the bank where his wife worked. Two or three times a week I would walk into the bank carrying what was obviously boxes containing guns and proceed behind the tellers counter to a little office where she worked. No one cared.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A gun dealer on my route was never home so he had his guns delivered to the bank where his wife worked. Two or three times a week I would walk into the bank carrying what was obviously boxes containing guns and proceed behind the tellers counter to a little office where she worked. No one cared.
Since I usually carry, I have excluded bank buildings from "places I go".

wayfair

swollen member
and
The 2nd amendment does not apply to certain rules you must abide by when having a concealed carry permit.

carrying into a federal building is prohibited with a CCL, not all banks are federal buildings, Credit Unions usually are

I was going to add that per edit, but it didn't offer the option

Johney

and

carrying into a federal building is prohibited with a CCL, not all banks are federal buildings, Credit Unions usually are

I was going to add that per edit, but it didn't offer the option
Yes but neither are schools or bars and you can't carry there. Right? The 2nd Amendment allows the right to bear arms not take them wherever we want. Just saying.

wayfair

swollen member
Yes but neither are schools or bars and you can't carry there. Right? The 2nd Amendment allows the right to bear arms not take them wherever we want. Just saying.

those places aren't allowed, but those areas aren't in question.... he didn't say those places, he said bank buildings

phox1515

Your hub checks employees on the way in? We have two guard shacks and 8 ft fences... so it would be difficult to get something out, but there is no metal detector or wanding on the inbound side. Someone could strap a missle launcher on their back and walk on through, so long as they had an id.

My local hub has the 8ft fencers and a guard shack with metal detectors both in and out but security is literally rented from securitas, brings new definition to rent a cop haha. they are un armed as well. HOWEVER as stated already there is he customer entrance right next to the guard shack that employees only have to walk through... customers drive right through the opening in the fence, park and go about their business. what's to stop a customer from stealing or getting revenge on something that prob isn't our fault.

Last week someone at our facility was caught stealing cell phones. They said they are buckling down on security (no personal electronics in the facility) but so far nothing has changed...the guards barely even notice you as you leave.

yup no cell phones allowed in ours, been that way for a very long time.

I don't care what it is, a box of sex toys or a rifle. I was taught in my building, if a box comes down my slide opened or damaged, with the contents falling out, we are supposed to place off to the side and have a sup put the contents back and retape it. If I get contents of a package and no box, place to the side and notify sup. I've had watches, jewelry, pills, ipods...all kinds of random things come down my belt over the years. Let someone else deal with it...I don't want to put myself in a position where I'm seen with my hands inside a package for any reason.

you've had experience of sex toys "pocking" out have you haha

Catatonic

Nine Lives
those places aren't allowed, but those areas aren't in question.... he didn't say those places, he said bank buildings
Common sense to me.
I don't know if the bank is in a restricted building.
I don't really need to go to a bank anyway.
I have not been in a bank in probably over 15 years.
When I have banking needs, they meet me at a Starbucks typically.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Banks are not federal buildings.

In Oregon at least, it is perfectly legal for a person with a concealed handgun license to carry in a bank. It is also perfectly legal to carry in a school. Our state has a "pre emption" law that prohibits counties or municipalities from enacting laws pertaining to the carry or posession of weapons. Only the state can make such laws, which is a good thing because it ensures that gun laws are consistent and uniform throughout the state.

The only places that carry permits are invalid are in federal buildings such as post offices and courthouses.

J

jibbs

A CCL's restrictions regarding "off-limits premises" vary from state to state. In Maryland, for example, the only place one with a CCL wouldn't be allowed to carry their firearm is a federal building. As far as I know, my home state has no state-level restrictions on where you can't carry even with a CCL, but it's damn near impossible for the Average Joe to even get the damn thing. You have to provide cause around here that your life/business/property is high-risk and needs protection.

It's been a while since I was in school for this type of stuff, though, so things may've changed over the past few years... I doubt it, though. Gun control laws normally hit the news pretty damn fast when things change up, especially when more restrictions are imposed.