Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I was reading earlier how Baldwin kept saying Cheney should go to prison for accidently wounding his hunting companion. Hope he feels the same way about himself.
FCVHYGgXIAEWMeC.jpeg

wilberforce15

The reason the average gun owner doesn't want prosecution for gun accidents is that the average gun owner is unsafe with guns.

I know them well enough to decide never to go to a public range or gun show.

Every single gun "accident" ought to be a crime. Period.

oldngray

nowhere special
The reason the average gun owner doesn't want prosecution for gun accidents is that the average gun owner is unsafe with guns.

I know them well enough to decide never to go to a public range or gun show.

Every single gun "accident" ought to be a crime. Period.
How often do you hear about accidents at gun shows?

A lot of people walking around carrying those scary guns but amazingly nothing bad happens. Those people are far more responsible than Hollywood celebrities.

wilberforce15

How often do you hear about accidents at gun shows?

A lot of people walking around carrying those scary guns but amazingly nothing bad happens. Those people are far more responsible than Hollywood celebrities.
Accidents at gun shows are very, very common. It's usually some knucklehead in the parking lot or at the gate. Not the vendors.

wilberforce15

Can you post any links of that happening? All I have ever heard of is someone getting bent out of shape from seeing people with guns.
My local gun show was shut down after 3 straight years of having negligent discharges with injuries. Google will provide you with plenty.

wilberforce15

How were they irresponsible if nothing happened?

People who go to gun shows are some of the safest and most gun savvy people around
You think people are only irresponsible if an incident happens?

This just means you're one of them.

Most unsafe behavior doesn't yield a negligent discharge or an injury. The vast majority of bad gun handling doesn't hurt anyone.

But it's still dangerous.

wilberforce15

That made no sense at all...

EVERYONE at a gun show would know about a negligent discharge. I won't say it's never happened, but it's definitely rare.
You said "see."

And no, I've been at a gun show with a negligent discharge. I found out about it in the paper the next day.