guns

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For me ya.
I've got my edc and a few I inherited. I rarely carry since I moved out of the hood. Haven't shot a gun in years. I'm just not into it, seems like a waste of time and money, just my opinion.
Complacent?
Sounds like you know better but you've just given up and left your chances in the wind.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't eat dead animals.
You know what?
If you are a vegan who eats no animal products, wears no leather, has no dogs or cats that you buy food for, and uses no medications or cosmetics that are tested on animals...then I truly respect the sincerity of your anti-hunting convictions even if I do not entirely agree with them.
If not...then perhaps you should reevaluate the intellectual honesty of those convictions.

It will be fine

You know what?
If you are a vegan who eats no animal products, wears no leather, has no dogs or cats that you buy food for, and uses no medications or cosmetics that are tested on animals...then I truly respect the sincerity of your anti-hunting convictions even if I do not entirely agree with them.
If not...then perhaps you should reevaluate the intellectual honesty of those convictions.
I always try to do better, I don't eat dead animals. My cat does, he's a carnivore and needs to to live a healthy life, I don't need to.

I've gotten this same pushback from my family members that hunt. I don't understand the intellectual dishonesty of the insistence that people don't hunt for fun. I don't enjoy killing things so I don't go out in the woods with the intention to kill. To pretend hunting is just for food is ridiculous and obviously false. People enjoy it, it's not my thing. It also adds to our violent culture by embracing our inherent predatory nature. How many gun owners involved in mass shootings owned the guns for "hunting?" I don't know, but it's never brought up in the discussions.

floridays

How do you figure that? Beans and rice is cheaper than the bullets and guns needed for hunting, so you can't claim its necessary.
Beans and rice, seriously, don't believe that for one second. That is third world nourishment in the most economically, technologically, agriculturally blessed nation in the history of the world. You're either trying to peddle BS, are a liar or a (un)health freek. Enjoy your roots and dandelions. No wonder you squeal for legalization of all drugs. I'd want to escape reality also, enjoy life and good food. You will be worm food, and eating a ribeye won't change that fact.

floridays

You don't wear it well.
you do s
These hunts are regulated just like the hunts for deer, moose, duck, mountain sheep, etc. The people in charge of the game animals decide which animal can be hunted. Lots of times it's based on over population. Hunting remains a 'sport' until someone says it's not.
For some it might be sustenance, in this country not very likely, but I'd say it does exist. I think you make an excellent point.

floridays

Happy he loves me. Didn't think he cared.
images
Who's the fat guy? He's dead if he ever lived.

floridays

You know what?
He's never met intellectual honesty.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I always try to do better, I don't eat dead animals. My cat does, he's a carnivore and needs to to live a healthy life, I don't need to.

I've gotten this same pushback from my family members that hunt. I don't understand the intellectual dishonesty of the insistence that people don't hunt for fun. I don't enjoy killing things so I don't go out in the woods with the intention to kill. To pretend hunting is just for food is ridiculous and obviously false. People enjoy it, it's not my thing. It also adds to our violent culture by embracing our inherent predatory nature. How many gun owners involved in mass shootings owned the guns for "hunting?" I don't know, but it's never brought up in the discussions.
Some of the best hunting experiences I have ever had did not involve a shot being fired or an animal being killed.

I dont get off on killing. I get off on participating in the cycle of nature. If I am going to choose to eat meat, I feel like I ought to at least be willing to get my hands a little bloody rather than remaining disconnected and blissfully unaware of where that meat actually comes from.

I would also ask you this: if no cat food was available in stores, would you kill an animal in order to feed it to your cat? Or would you let your cat starve?

Criticizing those who hunt animals for meat while at the same time choosing to purchase meat for your pet that was sourced from animals slaughtered on a factory farm is intellectual dishonesty in its purest form.

It will be fine

Some of the best hunting experiences I have ever had did not involve a shot being fired or an animal being killed.

I dont get off on killing. I get off on participating in the cycle of nature. If I am going to choose to eat meat, I feel like I ought to at least be willing to get my hands a little bloody rather than remaining disconnected and blissfully unaware of where that meat actually comes from.

I would also ask you this: if no cat food was available in stores, would you kill an animal in order to feed it to your cat? Or would you let your cat starve?

Criticizing those who hunt animals for meat while at the same time choosing to purchase meat for your pet that was sourced from animals slaughtered on a factory farm is intellectual dishonesty in its purest form.
A hunting trip without hunting is just camping.

I respect people that hunt for meat more than the average meat consumer. I think if you're unwilling to kill an animal yourself you shouldn't eat it.

My cat is a carnivore. Meat is a requirement for him. Meat is not necessary for humans. You can eat a perfectly balanced healthy diet without it. There's no dishonesty there, he has different needs than I do. If food weren't available he could hunt for it himself. House cats are nearly perfect killing machines.

Why is it so hard to admit that hunters enjoy hunting? You take pleasure in the meat and that outweighs whatever remorse you feel in taking a life. It's killing for pleasure.

floridays

I respect people that hunt for meat more than the average meat consumer. I think if you're unwilling to kill an animal yourself you shouldn't eat it.

My cat is a carnivore. Meat is a requirement for him. Meat is not necessary for humans. You can eat a perfectly balanced healthy diet without it. There's no dishonesty there, he has different needs than I do. If food weren't available he could hunt for it himself. House cats are nearly perfect killing machines.

Why is it so hard to admit that hunters enjoy hunting? You take pleasure in the meat and that outweighs whatever remorse you feel in taking a life. It's killing for pleasure.

Come on, extend a little diversity, remember you leftists are the tolerant ones. Diversity of all types makes us a stronger union, correct?

oldngray

nowhere special

Hunting is not about taking pleasure of killing. Most times hunting you don't kill anything. Its about enjoying hunting.