guns

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
56184390_10156392117022297_4852994031489122304_n.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Logic and Guns

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart phone ownership to 21.

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry.

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle

6 - The NRA murders 0 people and receives $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D and Candidates running for office. Also for welfare recipients.

8 - You don't need a smoke detector; that's what the fire department is for. Now...if you think that sounds stupid, you know how I feel when you say I don't need a gun.

9 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and has a trillion bullets. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that's going to end?

Ya gotta love Uncle Ted.

It will be fine

Logic and Guns

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart phone ownership to 21.

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry.

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle

6 - The NRA murders 0 people and receives $0 in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D and Candidates running for office. Also for welfare recipients.

8 - You don't need a smoke detector; that's what the fire department is for. Now...if you think that sounds stupid, you know how I feel when you say I don't need a gun.

9 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and has a trillion bullets. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that's going to end?

Ya gotta love Uncle Ted.
Every other first world nation has strict guns laws, no “gun culture” and dramatically fewer deaths due to firearms.

bacha29

Every other first world nation has strict guns laws, no “gun culture” and dramatically fewer deaths due to firearms.
It's people to whom guns provide a twisted sense of empowerment are the people who pose the greatest danger. As the economy continues to be impacted by advances in artificial intelligence driven technology the greater the number of people will be be left out and left behind by it. The net result is almost certain to be increased gun violence perpetrated by disaffected people who find in their guns a way to hit back against a society and a economy they believe has wronged and abandoned them.

It will be fine

It's people to whom guns provide a twisted sense of empowerment are the people who pose the greatest danger. As the economy continues to be impacted by advances in artificial intelligence driven technology the greater the number of people will be be left out and left behind by it. The net result is almost certain to be increased gun violence perpetrated by disaffected people who find in their guns a way to hit back against a society and a economy they believe has wronged and abandoned them.
I think gun lovers are just bad at math. The guns make them feel safe for some reason and that outweighs the mountains of evidence in every other country that show strict guns laws decrease gun violence. Stats are hard, it’s much easier to fantasize yourself as an action star shooting the bad guys.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thank you.
This is a good example why carrying your own gun is necessary.

Mutineer

And these "first world" nations you write of also have adequate mental health facilities and effective, pro-active plans to treat and segregate the mentally ill from the rest of society.

Just like the U.S. had. Once upon a time.

I think it is reasonable to state that "sane" people don't go on spree killings. Here in the U.S., the mentally ill are running amok. And reproducing far more than they would be because they are not properly confined in a mental health facility. And this can have NO other outcome than MORE, future mentally ill people.

The loonies were let loose during the Reagan administration. If someone with credentials bothered to do all the research, I think it would be found that all of the spree killings during the past twenty years (The Columbine Massacre as a start) were committed by people who are/were mentally ill, and have a history of mental illness in their families. And that the perpetrators and at least one of their parents WOULD and SHOULD have been institutionalized in the first place.

That is, if we STILL had pre-Reagan era mental health programs and facilities.

It will be fine

And these "first world" nations you write of also have adequate mental health facilities and effective, pro-active plans to treat and segregate the mentally ill from the rest of society.

Just like the U.S. had. Once upon a time.

I think it is reasonable to state that "sane" people don't go on spree killings. Here in the U.S., the mentally ill are running amok. And reproducing far more than they would be because they are not properly confined in a mental health facility. And this can have NO other outcome than MORE, future mentally ill people.

The loonies were let loose during the Reagan administration. If someone with credentials bothered to do all the research, I think it would be found that all of the spree killings during the past twenty years (The Columbine Massacre as a start) were committed by people who are/were mentally ill, and have a history of mental illness in their families. And that the perpetrators and at least one of their parents WOULD and SHOULD have been institutionalized in the first place.

That is, if we STILL had pre-Reagan era mental health programs and facilities.
The Vegas shooter was pretty normal. No crazy manifesto, no ideology. Just wanted to kill and had easy ready access to guns. Americans like guns and killing, blaming mental health is a scapegoat, it’s part of the culture.

Mutineer

The Vegas shooter was pretty normal. No crazy manifesto, no ideology. Just wanted to kill and had easy ready access to guns. Americans like guns and killing, blaming mental health is a scapegoat, it’s part of the culture.

...and John Wayne Gacy was "normal" too. Successful, well-liked, and respected too. Until he ran out of places to hide the bodies and got caught.

And that's because he wasn't normal. Because he was insane. And sane people simply don't do those things.

vantexan

With dramatically fewer numbers of guns that'll happen. Look at the murder rates of developing nations with a lot of guns. Gun owners in the States want to be able to protect themselves and their families from that kind of mentaIty.