guns

oldngray

nowhere special
36591043.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Complaining because people call the cops when they hear gunfire in their backyard. I can’t imagine why.
Ironically, the people next door (Actually 1/2 mile away) are doing their normal Sunday shooting today.
Probably a couple of cops in the bunch.
Definitely some modified or fully automatic guns in play.
Doesn't bother me until they shoot the cannon ... they haven't shot that thing in a couple of years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My problem is which way is the wind blowing? West winds go offshore, South winds go back towards my town, North winds head out to the shipping channels, and east winds goes towards a 3 mile long state beach.

floridays

Stevens didn’t dispute what the Second Amendment stated. He supported its outright repeal.

But you keep twisting away, okay?
I've been reading his twisted dissent, weak sister IWBF always resorts to this dissent, it's actually disjointed and sophistry.

My opinion only, I do understand plain English however.

It will be fine

Stevens didn’t dispute what the Second Amendment stated. He supported its outright repeal.

But you keep twisting away, okay?
What are you talking about? You never read his dissent, did you? He writes that the second amendment refers to a well regulated militia and that was its purpose. The founders never wanted the federal government to maintain a standing army, they expected States to maintain militias for defense. Why do you hate state’s rights?

floridays

What are you talking about? You never read his dissent, did you? He writes that the second amendment refers to a well regulated militia and that was its purpose. The founders never wanted the federal government to maintain a standing army, they expected States to maintain militias for defense. Why do you hate state’s rights?
You have exactly no idea what you think you are talking about, I'd be glad to argue, point by point if you'd like.

I do understand plain words, I believe if plain words didn't grant the right to "of the people" that distinct word "people" would have been been excluded.

You aren't half as smart as you believe Constitutionally or pertaining to Law and what was designed to uphold a Republic, within those confines.

vantexan

Maybe under the Articles of Confederation that was so but the Constitution clearly requires the Federal government to provide for defense.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thursday around noon the local Police Chief and an officer paid me a visit. The Chief wanted to charge me with a crime but had no legal standing to do so. Last winter during duck hunting season there was an uproar over the sounds of the shotguns being fired because the ducks settled in a cove with high cliffs on either side that made every shot do a double echo. The people living on those cliffs did not understand, nor would listen that everything was being done legally ( nimby ). Many of those that complained about me thought I was doing the same thing ( shooting ducks ). Any how we reached a " deal" every time I intend to go target shooting I am to call the local police station in advance.
At a family barbecue down by the Mississippi River where I live some of the older kids were shooting off bottle rockets at the same time other kids were shooting rocks in the water with a slingshot. People across the river apparently saw some splashing in the water and assumed we were shooting guns across the river. Next thing I know a cop is walking up to the campfire wanting to talk to the owner (me). He saw it was just a family gathering with people there from 6 weeks old to 80. The first words out of his mouth were "Is anybody armed here?" The first words out of my mouth were "normally everybody is". :-)

floridays

At a family barbecue down by the Mississippi River where I live some of the older kids were shooting off bottle rockets at the same time other kids were shooting rocks in the water with a slingshot. People across the river apparently saw some splashing in the water and assumed we were shooting guns across the river. Next thing I know a cop is walking up to the campfire wanting to talk to the owner (me). He saw it was just a family gathering with people there from 6 weeks old to 80. The first words out of his mouth were "Is anybody armed here?" The first words out of my mouth were "normally everybody is". :-)
Just for you Rod, Peace brother