guns

It will be fine

At a family barbecue down by the Mississippi River where I live some of the older kids were shooting off bottle rockets at the same time other kids were shooting rocks in the water with a slingshot. People across the river apparently saw some splashing in the water and assumed we were shooting guns across the river. Next thing I know a cop is walking up to the campfire wanting to talk to the owner (me). He saw it was just a family gathering with people there from 6 weeks old to 80. The first words out of his mouth were "Is anybody armed here?" The first words out of my mouth were "normally everybody is". :-)
Even the 6 week old?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You have exactly no idea what you think you are talking about, I'd be glad to argue, point by point if you'd like.

I do understand plain words, I believe if plain words didn't grant the right to "of the people" that distinct word "people" would have been been excluded.

You aren't half as smart as you believe Constitutionally or pertaining to Law and what was designed to uphold a Republic, within those confines.
If corporations are people, then why was the distinct word "corporations" left out?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
At a family barbecue down by the Mississippi River where I live some of the older kids were shooting off bottle rockets at the same time other kids were shooting rocks in the water with a slingshot. People across the river apparently saw some splashing in the water and assumed we were shooting guns across the river. Next thing I know a cop is walking up to the campfire wanting to talk to the owner (me). He saw it was just a family gathering with people there from 6 weeks old to 80. The first words out of his mouth were "Is anybody armed here?" The first words out of my mouth were "normally everybody is". :-)
/
Were you cited for possession of illegal fireworks?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Damn kids should have been in the house playing video games like normal children.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
FBI: More People Killed by Hammers, Clubs than with Rifles of Any Kind

The FBI reported the most recent numbers–those for 2017–on September 26, 2018. Those figures showed that 467 people were killed with “blunt objects (hammers, clubs, etc.),” while 403 were killed with rifles.
The FBI report ... the 2017 crime figures showed 1,591 people were killed with “knives or cutting instruments” while 403 were killed with “rifles.” This means nearly four times as many people were stabbed to death as were killed with any kind of rifle. (The gap between the number stabbed to death and the number of persons explicitly killed with an “assault weapon” would be even greater.)

El Correcto

god is dead

El Correcto

god is dead
If you believe that they’re overpaid, I challenge you to walk a mile in their shoes.

Maybe you could set a higher standard.

Nah, you’d probably wet your pants the first day.
Statistically truck driving is a more dangerous job.

It’d be real rough shooting anyone I perceived as a threat and earning a paid vacation for doing so.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Statistically truck driving is a more dangerous job.

It’d be real rough shooting anyone I perceived as a threat and earning a paid vacation for doing so.
You really don't a clue do you ? I am sure you never did a traffic stop with blacked out windows not knowing what to expect. Had to shoot someone because they pulled a gun and pointed it at your partner. You haven't served a warrant and found a shot gun hidden in the baby's crib. When is the last time you tackled a crazed 350 pound guy on PCP. How would you show restraint when some a--hole spit on you? Or maybe you been on a county wide drug sweep and found children living in filth because their parents are addicts operating a meth lab. When was the last time you went out on a domestic abuse call and found the mother and children beaten badly by a drunken husband and father ?
They earn their paychecks every day !!!
PS the guy in Philly had several previous weapon convictions he should have still been in jail .

El Correcto

god is dead
You really don't a clue do you ? I am sure you never did a traffic stop with blacked out windows not knowing what to expect. Had to shoot someone because they pulled a gun and pointed it at your partner. You haven't served a warrant and found a shot gun hidden in the baby's crib. When is the last time you tackled a crazed 350 pound guy on PCP. How would you show restraint when some a--hole spit on you? Or maybe you been on a county wide drug sweep and found children living in filth because their parents are addicts operating a meth lab. When was the last time you went out on a domestic abuse call and found the mother and children beaten badly by a drunken husband and father ?
They earn their paychecks every day !!!
PS the guy in Philly had several previous weapon convictions he should have still been in jail .
I also haven’t shot unarmed people or strangled them to death.

Id be in jail.