Ham Radio/Fishing UPSers

chrisg1vdp

Chris G1VDP
Hello all,

I am a new member and thought I would post a question as to any UPSers who are Ham Radio Ops out there... I would be intereted in making a sked with any of you (when conditions are right) and maybe forming the UPSers Operators club (unless there is one already).

Also if any of you enjoy fishing get in touch and we can swap stories of the one that got away...

Cheers and Beers for now,

Chris Colclough
G1VDP
UPS Nuneaton

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WElcome. Near LAKE ERIE IN OHIO. Perch fishing is my hobby, and my husband builds Motorcycles. Nice website you got there.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Chris,
Welcome to this board, its good to hear from people in other parts of the world. Interesting website, my favorite rock group of all time is The Who, I have seen them a couple of times. Between "Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia", it would be hard to pick the best album. Hope you post here some more.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Welcome from me too. While I still fish on occasion, I tend to enjoy the ones in the pond behind the house much more.

Koi keeping it seems is really big in England with some small ones fetching in excess of 4000 pounds.

d

rushfan

Chris,

Good to see a fellow "Ham" here.

Main rig here is kenwood ts-2000. I have various other handitalkies, and mobile rigs. My antenna situation doesn't do the ts-2000 justice. I only have a G5RV up 30 feet. J-pole for 2 meter and 70 center manager.

I'm on holiday next week, so maybe we can sked something via echolink or IRLP. I haven't used those modes very much.

I'll go to qrz for your contact info

73's
.- -.-. --... -.- --..

chrisg1vdp

Chris G1VDP
Thanks to all for replies.

Over9five I am a service provider, working out of the local Nuneaton depot. In fact i am just on my way ot now...

Rushfan I am on holiday next week and will be in Cornwall, no connection to echolink sadly. But I will be on the air all dayWednesday operating from Pendeen Lighthouse (ENG-101), and will be monitoring (and opefully workingh a pile up) on 14264 most of the day. I will be using my FT897and ATAS120 antenna.

Chris