Hamstring Pains - 5 months In

Hi everybody,

I have been working at UPS for about 5 months now. I felt great up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the back of my leg is hurting pretty bad. I thought it was only sore, yet I went to doctor and they said hamstring strain.

Has anybody else experienced back of thigh pains? should I just work through it? Should I rest and take time off?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi everybody,

I have been working at UPS for about 5 months now. I felt great up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the back of my leg is hurting pretty bad. I thought it was only sore, yet I went to doctor and they said hamstring strain.

Has anybody else experienced back of thigh pains? should I just work through it? Should I rest and take time off?

Did you get hurt at work?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hi everybody,

um, what did your doctor tell you, is this a trick question

Yes injured at work. I was unloading trailers, and there was a 98lb overweight package at the bottom of the pallet. This package failed to be marked with proper procedure overweight caution yellow tape. I handled the package and BOOM blew my leg out. Now I'm forced to miss work. Claim from management denies admitting this infact did happen at work.

CanOSup

One of them
Hi everybody,

Yes injured at work. I was unloading trailers, and there was a 98lb overweight package at the bottom of the pallet. This package failed to be marked with proper procedure overweight caution yellow tape. I handled the package and BOOM blew my leg out.

Interesting that a few weeks ago my leg started bothering me changed to an exact fine point detail including the weight of said object that "Blew your leg out"

You also asked if anyone else has been experiencing any sort of back or leg pain.....Well obviously if they had an injury which caused that pain...

If I can see the holes in your story, im sure your management does too.....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes injured at work. I was unloading trailers, and there was a 98lb overweight package at the bottom of the pallet. This package failed to be marked with proper procedure overweight caution yellow tape. I handled the package and BOOM blew my leg out. Now I'm forced to miss work. Claim from management denies admitting this infact did happen at work.
Did you tell them the day it happened

IESucks

You have learned a valuable lesson. Report it when it happens. Do not go to your doctor on your own without reporting it. You are now on your own with no help from ups.

Yes. I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Then went back to work. Next DaY. I was still injured. Again, I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Was sent home. Iced it and took time off. Went back to work. I was still injured. I said my leg is hurting. So now I'm out of work due to work related injury, and yet no compensation.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This package failed to be marked with proper procedure overweight caution yellow tape. I handled the package and BOOM blew my leg out.
Regardless of if it marked properly or not they will blame you for not following procedure by not testing the weight first. Any injury is your fault as far as UPS is concerned . Always file an injury report as soon as possible so that you are covered. Do not let them talk you out of reporting an injury

CanOSup

One of them
Yes. I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Then went back to work. Next DaY. I was still injured. Again, I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Was sent home. Iced it and took time off. Went back to work. I was still injured. I said my leg is hurting. So now I'm out of work due to work related injury, and yet no compensation.
Interesting....At what point did you decide to seek medical attention? I guarentee you omitted that part when you told your management team you were going to see the doctors for a workplace injury.

In most states the Workmans Comp Statute gives the employer the right to have you treat with the "Company doctor" for the first 10 days.

So why did UPS fail me on the fact of not informing me of the proper procedures for reporting an injury, or better yet, how to slow down my package handling rate in order to avoid the avoidable injury invited by there constant supervision of "lets go we gotta get this done" "packages on the belt"

IESucks

Management hopes to not report it to liberty mutual. They will hope rest and a day or two off will result in you being ok. Take out a pen and paper, write down the exact day and time and how it happened.Write down the times you told your supervisor and dates.copy it and give a copy to your supervisors boss immediately

CanOSup

One of them
So why did UPS fail me on the fact of not informing me of the proper procedures for reporting an injury, or better yet, how to slow down my package handling rate in order to avoid the avoidable injury invited by there constant supervision of "lets go we gotta get this done" "packages on the belt"
Package handling rate? You stated it was lifting an unmarked over 70. Over supervision led to you try to lift that box too quickly now?

You also did not realize you do not seek medical attention for a workplace injury without informing your management team of your intentions?

Too many holes. Am I talking to Shia Labeouf

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Did you go through orientation?
Did they not have you fill out paperwork and watch videos before you started?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Take some responsibility for your actions my god. You expect ups to hold hand thru life?

That is exactly what happend. I reported the injury. Management proceeded by threatening me with intimidation stating that if I report an injury I will jeopardize there 5 year injury free safety award. This in effect, influenced my decision making to not report an injury, through the process of intimidation.