Hamstring Pains - 5 months In

Brisket

Yes injured at work. I was unloading trailers, and there was a 98lb overweight package at the bottom of the pallet. This package failed to be marked with proper procedure overweight caution yellow tape. I handled the package and BOOM blew my leg out. Now I'm forced to miss work. Claim from management denies admitting this infact did happen at work.

Ok, if you knew it was 98 pounds, what in the world made you think it was ok to attempt to lift it alone, especially after your orientation which tells you to ask for help if it’s over 70lbs?

That is exactly what happend. I reported the injury. Management proceeded by threatening me with intimidation stating that if I report an injury I will jeopardize there 5 year injury free safety award. This in effect, influenced my decision making to not report an injury, through the process of intimidation.

Who cares about the 5 yr injury free record, report it and move on...its about your ability to make money and pay your bills...:censored2: happens.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi everybody,

I have been working at UPS for about 5 months now. I felt great up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the back of my leg is hurting pretty bad. I thought it was only sore, yet I went to doctor and they said hamstring strain.

Has anybody else experienced back of thigh pains? should I just work through it? Should I rest and take time off?
Get some nookie to work the pain out. Maybe a happy ending joint?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Hi everybody,

I have been working at UPS for about 5 months now. I felt great up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the back of my leg is hurting pretty bad. I thought it was only sore, yet I went to doctor and they said hamstring strain.

Has anybody else experienced back of thigh pains? should I just work through it? Should I rest and take time off?
You Are Effed Ussy

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That is exactly what happend. I reported the injury. Management proceeded by threatening me with intimidation stating that if I report an injury I will jeopardize there 5 year injury free safety award. This in effect, influenced my decision making to not report an injury, through the process of intimidation.
You got played...friend their 5 year awArd..that is fake news anyway, no ups location has never had an injury in 5 years!!!

PhatPattheRiverRat

Hamstring pains? Lol are you sure it ain't glute pains? You sound butthurt my brother.

In all seriousness, screw their intimidation and safety record, if you're hurt, you're hurt. Move forward with whatever you need to do and don't be afraid. I learned real quick that I am just a number to UPS, and the only way they will ever care about me is if a box falls on my head and I die...bad pr and all.

john chesney

Yes. I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Then went back to work. Next DaY. I was still injured. Again, I informed my supervisor. I said my leg is hurting. Was sent home. Iced it and took time off. Went back to work. I was still injured. I said my leg is hurting. So now I'm out of work due to work related injury, and yet no compensation.
Workers Comp lawyer immediately

E

el blanco

sure wouldn't want to jeopardize the 5 year injury free imaginary safety award...

if there was such an award, the monetary value would be 0 dollars and 0 cents