Harmless little pranks I've pulled/considered pulling on a certain UPS guy...

S

Shushi

Oh, I get so giddy whenever UpstateNYUPSer has something to say on this subject!
Let's see what were the other things you said? Some of us don't have time for games & maybe I have way too much time on my hands....

Apparently, I'm siphoning away all the sand from UpstateNYUPSer's hourglass & quite possibly everyone else's... Oh god, now just look, everybody but me is left with a mere 20-maybe 30 grains of sand while I've got seemingly never-ending barrels of the stuff!

Darling, I'm not sure what makes you think I have anymore time than you or anyone else. For that matter, I fail to see why you have such a problem with how I choose to spend my time & quite frankly, the whole "Your Time Is Limited, Spend It Wisely" idea is completely lost on me.
OF COURSE time is limited & who knows how much or how little we've each got? And who the hell is to say what "spending it 'WISELY'" means for me or for you or whoever?
UpstateNYUPSer, I truly adore your kind of person. You're grounded, no nonsense, & that's respectable but, my dear, let me blow my time how I damned-well please & anyone who wants no part of my ride, kindly man-up, make it clear & I won't keep you so get off.... or, hell, don't say a damn thing if you'd rather just start packing sand, Sweetheart.

Oh yeah, you also suggested that I just tell him how I feel...
My word, how straight forward....
WHERE THE **** IS THE FUN IN THAT??!:slap: :rofl:

curiousbrain

I meet my UPS guy in the driveway; I immediately tell him (or the cover driver) I work for UPS and that I will get the package for him if it weighs a lot. I tell him I know he has a job to do, and I want to BS with him about it, but I understand he is on the clock and that he wants to get home to his or her family. He usually gets to me before noon, is all I'm saying ... maybe there is something to Upstate's point.

old levi's

blank space
I know I should just let him be, but I've always been the kind of person that gets an idea in their head & is determined to see it through to the end of the road regardless if that end turns out to be exactly what I wanted or just a lot of embarrassment...
That being true, I'm devising a way to go about using your suggestion right now, faded jeans :)

Actually, here's a little something I did last week:
My boss & I have been putting together another book over the past couple weeks to sell in his stores... the book is made up of mostly sexy bets, pranks (harmless ones), & even a magic trick or two. The UPS man I speak of came by to drop something off & I mentioned this book project to him. He said he wanted to see one of the magic tricks but I wasn't prepared! He told me that he turns around after his next few stops so when he heads back this way, he'll come back in & that should give me time to get ready without him watching...
He left, I began to ready what little necessary items I needed when my boss called & said he was less than 10 minutes away & I want you to make the following changes to the book & so on & so forth. Naturally, by the time I get to hang up the phone, I see the UPS man walking up to the door & I didn't get to finish getting what I needed & was therefore unable to show him the trick. I felt so bad he'd come back in for nothing, I showed him one of the little bets instead which went ok, but it wasn't what he'd come back to see.
I told him that if this bet wasn't just for show at this moment, I might bet him a drink. I win, you buy me one. You win, I buy you one. However, this will be just for fun so nobody owes anybody anything regardless of who wins. He smiled & said 'Ok' & I made the bet.
It was a prediction bet. One of those "You think of a ______ & I bet you I can tell you which particular ______ you're thinking of!" but with a trick to it.
Now, you can have them think of a color, a fruit, a car (even year, make & model), ANYTHING... but I had him think of a sexual position.

I won the bet.

Shushi, You you are way over thinking this!

Do you sign for the deliveries? Undo one extra button on your blouse; he will notice. You don't have to give the store away, just let him do a little window shopping. When you hand the diad back to him look directly into his eyes and give him your best smile. Try it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I meet my UPS guy in the driveway; I immediately tell him (or the cover driver) I work for UPS and that I will get the package for him if it weighs a lot. I tell him I know he has a job to do, and I want to BS with him about it, but I understand he is on the clock and that he wants to get home to his or her family. He usually gets to me before noon, is all I'm saying ... maybe there is something to Upstate's point.

This is not to say that I don't playfully flirt with a few of my regular female customers but it is possible to do this and maintain a sense of urgency. I don't have all day to deal with someone who obviously has too much time on her hands.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, I get so giddy whenever UpstateNYUPSer has something to say on this subject!
Let's see what were the other things you said? Some of us don't have time for games & maybe I have way too much time on my hands....

Apparently, I'm siphoning away all the sand from UpstateNYUPSer's hourglass & quite possibly everyone else's... Oh god, now just look, everybody but me is left with a mere 20-maybe 30 grains of sand while I've got seemingly never-ending barrels of the stuff!

Darling, I'm not sure what makes you think I have anymore time than you or anyone else. For that matter, I fail to see why you have such a problem with how I choose to spend my time & quite frankly, the whole "Your Time Is Limited, Spend It Wisely" idea is completely lost on me.
OF COURSE time is limited & who knows how much or how little we've each got? And who the hell is to say what "spending it 'WISELY'" means for me or for you or whoever?
UpstateNYUPSer, I truly adore your kind of person. You're grounded, no nonsense, & that's respectable but, my dear, let me blow my time how I damned-well please & anyone who wants no part of my ride, kindly man-up, make it clear & I won't keep you so get off.... or, hell, don't say a damn thing if you'd rather just start packing sand, Sweetheart.

Oh yeah, you also suggested that I just tell him how I feel...
My word, how straight forward....
WHERE THE **** IS THE FUN IN THAT??!:slap: :rofl:

"Good morning. First initial, last name, please. Have a nice day."

over9five

Staff member
Ovah, you would like delivering to me. I have 4 acres that are mowed, and I usually do it in my bikini. Steve, my driver, drives by every day. When be stops, I give him ice water and Gala apples. He likes my apples. :winks:

Nothin wrong with your apples, I'm sure.

I'll see you at the next Mac and Cheese event, Defending Champion!

Azrjn4864

I like to tape down boxes to the shelves randomly throughout the truck! It's so funny when I get that text later in the day from my drivers!! It's funny!!! If you can't have fun at work, especially at ups, then it would be unbearable at times!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I like to tape down boxes to the shelves randomly throughout the truck! It's so funny when I get that text later in the day from my drivers!! It's funny!!! If you can't have fun at work, especially at ups, then it would be unbearable at times!!!

If you have time for crap like this that load had better be stop for stop.

over9five

Staff member

I agree 100%!