Has TDU head David Levin ever been a rank-and-file Teamster?

nWo

What's funny is, regardless of the number next to each name, they all give zero shts about you or I. It's crazy to think either party cares about any of us anymore. It's power now, that's all it's about.

Well one party has a long history of supporting unions and one party has a long history of attacking unions.

nWo

That’s what happens when companies bow down to the shareholders and their ESG bs.

I can’t imagine voting for political candidates based on recommendations from a union.

Just explaining why the unions aren't having a bunch of republicans coming to speak at union halls. Republicans are actively hostile towards labor.

Jim Rockford

The reason why I cant take democrats seriously about being pro labor is they stand hand in hand with the Chamber of Commerce and all other big biz when it comes to illegal immigration. The unions of yore understood this threat very well and would send all of this foreign underpaid labor packing via political action, unions now wont say a peep because it would defy their political master i.e. democrats. The Democrats of today consists of mainly big city type upper middle class woke managerial class women and gay men. The concept of them being friends of labor hasnt been true in at least 30 years.

Cowboy Mac

Just explaining why the unions aren't having a bunch of republicans coming to speak at union halls. Republicans are actively hostile towards labor.
Politicians are actively hostile towards labor. Democrat and Republican. Occasionally you get a politician who lies well enough for people to believe they are pro-labor.

Thebrownblob

Politicians are actively hostile towards labor. Democrat and Republican. Occasionally you get a politician who lies well enough for people to believe they are pro-labor.
And all of them are only pro labor until a big business comes by and give them a pile of cash. They’re super PACs cannot spend our PACs.

Thebrownblob

Too bad it's only history.
And most of it revisionist. While it’s true Republicans generally don’t pick up the phone for labor unions, and Democrats do…..

It’s also true, that most of it is lip service and very little is done. And if it’s ever done, we’re usually the last in line behind billionaires and corporations, regardless of the D or R behind the name.

oldngray

nowhere special
And most of it revisionist. While it’s true Republicans generally don’t pick up the phone for labor unions, and Democrats do…..

It’s also true, that most of it is lip service and very little is done. And if it’s ever done, we’re usually the last in line behind billionaires and corporations, regardless of the D or R behind the name.
Union leaders are almost all big Dem supporters but the members are much more evenly split. Might even lean more towards GOP. For sure despite the rhetoric the Dems do little to help private industry unions. They do work hardest to protect their public employee union cash cows.

Thebrownblob

I would agree with that statement.

But, I have seen retired Union leaders flip.... most were ex-military. Others saw the hypocrisy.
Politics is an ugly game, and makes strange bedfellows sometimes. Union leaders have the responsibility to protect their membership and unions, and sometimes your personal politics have to be put to the side.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Politics is an ugly game, and makes strange bedfellows sometimes. Union leaders have the responsibility to protect their membership and unions, and sometimes your personal politics have to be put to the side.

Absolutely.

When I was a Trustee of my Local, I got to see where political donations went. (D.R.I.V.E.)

I sat on the 4-man committee that vetted the local politicians seeking an endorsement and support.

Nobody.... and I mean nobody.... got a free pass.

oldngray

nowhere special
Absolutely.

When I was a Trustee of my Local, I got to see where political donations went. (D.R.I.V.E.)

I sat on the 4-man committee that vetted the local politicians seeking an endorsement and support.

Nobody.... and I mean nobody.... got a free pass.
D.R.I.V.E. is supposed to be both Democrats and Republicans. It's in the name. Yet somehow most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
D.R.I.V.E. is supposed to be both Democrats and Republicans. It's in the name. Yet somehow most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats.

This is going to sound like an excuse.... but, it's up to each Local how their donations are distributed.

50% goes to the IBT right off the bat. After that.... is going to depend on the Local.

Jim Rockford

Most of what is called “woke” was never even voted on, nor was mass immigration. It was defacto inserted into democrat policies after heavy propaganda campaigns via TV and other media.there is now gaslighting that anyone who has political leaning of even 10 years ago is some hateful facist and that has been a strategy that has been effective. Seems like a turning point may be up around the bend. Obana ran as some middle of the road racial uniter who believed in marriage.

TheDudeAbides92

the two party system is stupid.
Here’s the only true difference. Soft tyranny under the GOPe. Hardcore in your face tyranny under the democrats

People are more likely to fight back when it’s in your face so there’s an argument to be made that we’re better off with dems in charge

You know me...
Having served on the TDU Steering Committee for 6 years, 3 as its co-chair, I can absolutely blow this thread apart.

But then Porky and Tiny Hands Santos would spend thousands more of the Locals money in an attempt to further silence me with another frivolous lawsuit.

While he has the unlimited resource of dues payer dollars to spend on multiple frivolous lawsuits, I do not have matching funds to defend against them. (until I win one or two...which is inevitable.) And if history has taught us anything, it is that Porky will spend as much money as it takes to try and screw former members/officers. (See Labrie v. R.I. Dep't of Labor & Training, C.A. No. PC-2015-5344 | Casetext Search + Citator)

However, once this lawsuit is concluded...or when I have had enough of their :censored2:, (whichever comes first)...

Trust that I'll be blowing the lid off of ALL of it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Having served on the TDU Steering Committee for 6 years, 3 as its co-chair, I can absolutely blow this thread apart.

But then Porky and Tiny Hands Santos would spend thousands more of the Locals money in an attempt to further silence me with another frivolous lawsuit.

While he has the unlimited resource of dues payer dollars to spend on multiple frivolous lawsuits, I do not have matching funds to defend against them. (until I win one or two...which is inevitable.) And if history has taught us anything, it is that Porky will spend as much money as it takes to try and screw former members/officers. (See Labrie v. R.I. Dep't of Labor & Training, C.A. No. PC-2015-5344 | Casetext Search + Citator)

However, once this lawsuit is concluded...or when I have had enough of their :censored2:, (whichever comes first)...

Trust that I'll be blowing the lid off of ALL of it.

Were you ever a "Hoffa" supporter?