Has TDU head David Levin ever been a rank-and-file Teamster?

nWo

D.R.I.V.E. is supposed to be both Democrats and Republicans. It's in the name. Yet somehow most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats.

Because democrats support cause the unions agree with. It's really that simple. Target selling "woke" kids books isn't a huge concern for organized labor. Desantis passing a bill for the sole purpose of attacking unions is a major concern. Why would DRIVE donate to a republican that is pushing a union busting bill?

Just look what's going on with Starbucks. The Democrats are supporting the Labor Union. And the Republicans have sided with the corporation. And is weird because not too long ago Republicans were boycotting Starbucks because of some, "War on Christmas." But now that their is a union push they are rallying with the corporation and against labor.

In 2012 a Republican controlled government passed RTW in Michigan. And in 2023 Democrats repealed the law. As soon as the Democrats got control of the Michigan state government they repealed RTW. There's a very clear reason why the Teamsters endorsed Gretchen Whitmer and not Tudor Dixon.

If Republicans start supporting union friendly causes then the unions would donate to them more.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
D.R.I.V.E. is supposed to be both Democrats and Republicans. It's in the name. Yet somehow most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats.
DRIVE actually stands for Democrat Republican Independent Voter Education.

....and the monies in recent years have been distributed by virtue of voting records by candidates of both parties on issues important to labor, those contributions split pretty much right down the middle.

Your assertion that "most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats", simply is not true.

oldngray

nowhere special

....and the monies in recent years have been distributed by virtue of voting records by candidates of both parties on issues important to labor, those contributions split pretty much right down the middle.

Your assertion that "most if not every dollar goes to support Democrats", simply is not true.
Can you deny that by far most of the money does in fact go to Democrats?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Having served on the TDU Steering Committee for 6 years, 3 as its co-chair, I can absolutely blow this thread apart.

But then Porky and Tiny Hands Santos would spend thousands more of the Locals money in an attempt to further silence me with another frivolous lawsuit.

While he has the unlimited resource of dues payer dollars to spend on multiple frivolous lawsuits, I do not have matching funds to defend against them. (until I win one or two...which is inevitable.) And if history has taught us anything, it is that Porky will spend as much money as it takes to try and screw former members/officers. (See Labrie v. R.I. Dep't of Labor & Training, C.A. No. PC-2015-5344 | Casetext Search + Citator)

However, once this lawsuit is concluded...or when I have had enough of their :censored2:, (whichever comes first)...

Trust that I'll be blowing the lid off of ALL of it.

You sound like a scorned ex

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Can you deny that by far most of the money does in fact go to Democrats?

I just did?

oldngray

nowhere special
I just did?
I couldn't find the exact D.R.I.V.E. numbers but here are some Teamster political donations for 2022

Untitled.png

It tends to look kind of one sided to me.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Having served on the TDU Steering Committee for 6 years, 3 as its co-chair, I can absolutely blow this thread apart.

But then Porky and Tiny Hands Santos would spend thousands more of the Locals money in an attempt to further silence me with another frivolous lawsuit.

While he has the unlimited resource of dues payer dollars to spend on multiple frivolous lawsuits, I do not have matching funds to defend against them. (until I win one or two...which is inevitable.) And if history has taught us anything, it is that Porky will spend as much money as it takes to try and screw former members/officers. (See Labrie v. R.I. Dep't of Labor & Training, C.A. No. PC-2015-5344 | Casetext Search + Citator)

However, once this lawsuit is concluded...or when I have had enough of their :censored2:, (whichever comes first)...

Trust that I'll be blowing the lid off of ALL of it.
How much does TDU give to slates backed by them in local elections? I'm always curious because mailers and shirts and all that are not cheap.

Thebrownblob

I'm confused. You mean people joining TDU?

I mean look at 251. I'm sure that slate was helped by TDU when it came to funding. Just curious how much they like to contribute.
Yes TDU, why would I give my money to a group of people who I really don’t know who they are, I really don’t know what they do with the money, and they’re kind of like a tick feeding on a host? I would just give more money to DRIVE or volunteer my time at my local.

You know me...
How much does TDU give to slates backed by them in local elections? I'm always curious because mailers and shirts and all that are not cheap.
If the slate has a chance, they bend over backwards in order to help. If the slate is successful, they get the locals business as a vendor. They design and run the website, do all the printing for the local, including the monthly mailers, they encourage locals to set up a member education fund which they pay TDU for steward trainings and all the other workshops they have, as well as pay for members to attend the annual TDU convention.

According to local 251's LM2's they pay for no show jobs now as well it seems. More on that when the website goes back up.

But, they definitely get their money's worth back. In spades.

542thruNthru

If the slate has a chance, they bend over backwards in order to help. If the slate is successful, they get the locals business as a vendor. They design and run the website, do all the printing for the local, including the monthly mailers, they encourage locals to set up a member education fund which they pay TDU for steward trainings and all the other workshops they have, as well as pay for members to attend the annual TDU convention.

They definitely get their money's worth back. In spades.
That's very interesting. So instead of looking to the IBT for those training programs they go to TDU.