Has the IBT ever pushed harder for a yes vote?

SameRightsForAll

Better double check that, don’t believe it went to a vote.

You gotta love the democrat version of democracy. Some prick we don't know decides if something goes to vote, then they decide whether it's a majority or super majority election. This is better known as controlling the outcome of an election, or making the voters think they decided the outcome.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You gotta love the democrat version of democracy. Some prick we don't know decides if something goes to vote, then they decide whether it's a majority or super majority election. This is better known as controlling the outcome of an election, or making the voters think they decided the outcome.
That "prick" was elected to do what he did, by a majority of the membership....and he did it with the blessing of the General Executive Board, the Negotiating Committee, and the membership.

In the end, your attempt to marry up what happened in 1997 in regards to the UPS contract and the Democratic Presidential nomination process, falls woefully short of connecting any dots.

It was a poor analogy, and before you start with the standard rhetoric, I am not registered with, nor do I identify with any mainstream polical party, and I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary.

You should spend more time reading the IBT Constitution and less time watching Fox News.

F

Frankie's Friend

Are they pushing really hard or are they finally catching up with technology? I use to never get emails and text from IBT. Now I am getting them all the time.
It's cheaper than mailing post cards with drivers that have a bunch of 1 dollar bills in their hands exclaiming "Get your retro money!".

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They are really worried that the Master will go down. Forget about the supplements or riders.. I try to do that math..

With the 23 percent of our membership who voted for the "Strike Authorization" pretty much in with the "Nays" and only 40 percent of the actual membership even bothering to turn in a ballot. That roughly means that only 17 percent are on the fence, they need to convert them into "Yeas".

That 23 percent is not indicative of the those you might vote "No" either, I suspect that that number could be higher.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are really worried that the Master will go down.

They aren't worried about it.

But think about this;

If it is voted down and they do return to the table and address the 2 major concerns....

(22.4's and the part-time wage issue) something else is going to have to give.

That's how negotiations work.

-Bug-