Has working at UPS made you depressed?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
How many of you want to get out as soon as you hit your 30 years?

17 years now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, Unfortunately I’m in the sewers And it’s coming from a man hole cover.

From your fellow coworkers grim faces every morning to the managements fake Crocodile smiles it takes a toll on you.

I’m praying for a 22.3 job. Being a driver in Los Angeles is whole deferent battle I won’t get into.
I think for me was the bed bugs at the locker room or knowing my Manager herpes was getting worst or the safety videos that were not part of the real world that USP it's using as a towel.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My kids are fed, dressed in nice clothes, and spoiled. My wife also, thanks to UPS. That’s all I need to put up with the BS.
don't forget to thank the Teamsters also. without them you would be making minimum wage. I was grateful for the company being well run so we would have the business to keep most of us working. it's a good co that well.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
don't forget to thank the Teamsters also. without them you would be making minimum wage. I was grateful for the company being well run so we would have the business to keep most of us working. it's a good co that well.
I’m a feeder driver, not a part timer. No company, union or no, pays their drivers minimum wage. I do agree with you that the union has saved my ass on more than one occasion and insured I am compensated better than most in the industry.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Working for Ups had made me depressed in the fact that I see how unbelievably lazy the general population has become. They depend on online shopping for the most ridiculous stuff and it gets worse by the day. Then as I am delivering some hags box of dog food she has the nerve to ask me to bring it inside for her! I have several customers who order dog food and furniture and expect me to bring it inside. I drop the boxes as flat as possible and and far away as possible to make them pick up their own crap and put in a little bit of work. When they start barking at me to help them I just ignore them and keep walking away. I feel like an ass most of the time but I can't help but feel hate for these lazy people who can't even drive to a store anymore to get basic stuff.

I used to think the access point program was stupid and we should give our customers the 3 attempts, but now I absolutely love it. When I access point 5 amazon boxes to some apartment, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside because now they lazy prick has to drive to the access point which most of the time is farther away than a store they could get their crap at. I try to access point as much amazon junk as possible!

I used to love my job, but now I just feel like an aid in the further laziness of this country. It makes me so mad when I deliver to a house that already has 5-6 boxes from fedex or the post office sitting their and I am bringing 5 more amazon boxes. I don't even know where these people find the time to shop online that much!

So yeah I ultimately hope that amazon takes over the entire world and people have to pay extremely high prices for stuff. It would poetic justice to see that people's laziness caused them to be broke in the future all because they couldn't make the 5 minute drive to the store to get their dog food, paper towels, and toilet paper.

And I swear of I hear one more stupid ass person say us delivering 80% amazon boxes is "job security" I will rip out their :censored2:ing throat and shove it up their fat :censored2:ing ass!

End rant. Still depressed.

Indecisi0n

How many of you want to get out as soon as you hit your 30 years?

17 years now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, Unfortunately I’m in the sewers And it’s coming from a man hole cover.

From your fellow coworkers grim faces every morning to the managements fake Crocodile smiles it takes a toll on you.

I’m praying for a 22.3 job. Being a driver in Los Angeles is whole deferent battle I won’t get into.
You blood or crips ?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Delivering packages is what I do to make money. It has very little to do with who I am. Sure the job gets to you sometimes, but to give management and customers that much control over your emotional well being is not a good idea.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I’m a feeder driver, not a part timer. No company, union or no, pays their drivers minimum wage. I do agree with you that the union has saved my ass on more than one occasion and insured I am compensated better than most in the industry.

people need to study the history about unions and how they changed the work places ( for the better ; hours, safety , wages , etc ) for non union companies as well.

right now there is a severe driver shortage in the trucking industry and that is driving up non union wages. If there was a glut of drivers you can bet the trucking companies would be paying minimum wages. ( or close ). and without a union the drivers would have no say in that.

I worked for non union trucking companies for almost 14 years before UPS and was also a feeder driver for almost 23. I know first hand the differences.

people need to study the history about unions and how they changed the work places ( for the better ; hours, safety , wages , etc ) for non union companies as well.

right now there is a severe driver shortage in the trucking industry and that is driving up non union wages. If there was a glut of drivers you can bet the trucking companies would be paying minimum wages. ( or close ). and without a union the drivers would have no say in that.

I worked for non union trucking companies for almost 14 years before UPS and was also a feeder driver for almost 23. I know first hand the differences.
Fire this POS out.
IMG_20200216_163419661.jpg

Package Stick

"Send it."
Working for Ups had made me depressed in the fact that I see how unbelievably lazy the general population has become. They depend on online shopping for the most ridiculous stuff and it gets worse by the day. Then as I am delivering some hags box of dog food she has the nerve to ask me to bring it inside for her! I have several customers who order dog food and furniture and expect me to bring it inside. I drop the boxes as flat as possible and and far away as possible to make them pick up their own crap and put in a little bit of work. When they start barking at me to help them I just ignore them and keep walking away. I feel like an ass most of the time but I can't help but feel hate for these lazy people who can't even drive to a store anymore to get basic stuff.

I used to think the access point program was stupid and we should give our customers the 3 attempts, but now I absolutely love it. When I access point 5 amazon boxes to some apartment, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside because now they lazy prick has to drive to the access point which most of the time is farther away than a store they could get their crap at. I try to access point as much amazon junk as possible!

I used to love my job, but now I just feel like an aid in the further laziness of this country. It makes me so mad when I deliver to a house that already has 5-6 boxes from fedex or the post office sitting their and I am bringing 5 more amazon boxes. I don't even know where these people find the time to shop online that much!

So yeah I ultimately hope that amazon takes over the entire world and people have to pay extremely high prices for stuff. It would poetic justice to see that people's laziness caused them to be broke in the future all because they couldn't make the 5 minute drive to the store to get their dog food, paper towels, and toilet paper.

And I swear of I hear one more stupid ass person say us delivering 80% amazon boxes is "job security" I will rip out their :censored2:ing throat and shove it up their fat :censored2:ing ass!

End rant. Still depressed.
Sir this is a Wendy's.