Has working at UPS made you depressed?

Bob11B

Doesn’t depress me, a lot of bull:censored2: of course but just roll with it. All job I’ve bull:censored2: to deal with, I am just glad my job doesn’t come home with me AT ALL....no emails, phone calls, nothing to do but enjoy time with the family and peace and quiet.

Sure beats my previous jobs (military and small business owner) that we’re never ending.

Faceplanted

Think about all the people that would kill to make what we make. Sure it’s hard work, but I’ll take this over 90% of the jobs out there paying 30-40k a year with 400$ monthly premiums. I’ve been there
Enh, some people would rather work their 36-40 hours a week for less money, and life a simple life where being healthy, mentally and physically and spending time with family is more important.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
How many of you want to get out as soon as you hit your 30 years?

17 years now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, Unfortunately I’m in the sewers And it’s coming from a man hole cover.

From your fellow coworkers grim faces every morning to the managements fake Crocodile smiles it takes a toll on you.

I’m praying for a 22.3 job. Being a driver in Los Angeles is whole deferent battle I won’t get into.
No , UPS doesn’t make me depressed , I have a wallet full of cash and tons of hoes trying to get @MECH-lift babies

yadadamean116

Enh, some people would rather work their 36-40 hours a week for less money, and life a simple life where being healthy, mentally and physically and spending time with family is more important.
That’s mediocre mentality, but yes a lot of people are like that. That’s mainly why food stamps exists

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That’s mediocre mentality, but yes a lot of people are like that. That’s mainly why food stamps exists
That's far from mediocre mentality. Mediocre mentality is "I work as directed no matter how :censored2:ty of an outcome it results in, collect my check, and go home."

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That's far from mediocre mentality. Mediocre mentality is "I work as directed no matter how :censored2:ty of an outcome it results in, collect my check, and go home."
It's funny, really. Especially when you get on the subject of things like beards or hair. Everyone puffs their chests and says they'll continue just to shave because of how proud they are, yet they have no problem laying down dog:censored2: service day after day simply because management sucks and they "work as directed" and follow methods to an absolute T.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It's funny, really. Especially when you get on the subject of things like beards or hair. Everyone puffs their chests and says they'll continue just to shave because of how proud they are, yet they have no problem laying down dog:censored2: service day after day simply because management sucks and they "work as directed" and follow methods to an absolute T.
beards!!

Faceplanted

I’m appreciative very much so about our pay, and bene package. But the more you make the more you spend. When you have more time you can follow your passions. I’m actually very skilled at other types of things and have been educated on these, but I literally don’t have time to monetize these skills. The bad thing about this job is that due to our 9am start and even being on the 9.5 list, even living extremely close to my hub I don’t get home until 7:30ish. Another hour or two would allow me to follow up on these skills and be able to take on actual work.

I noticed in General this job has made me and most of my other co workers lazy, nobody does their own yard, nobody is even motivated to go out and socialize with friends/people during the week, and it even gets to a point where on the weekend it seems like a task.

I have lots of friends who work from home or just have to be at the office for a few hours, they make half what I make, but they have time to do freelance work or do the family thing. The average ups driver is too caught up on money because it’s the only way to cope our working situation.

I have realized the downfalls of this job and the positives If your smart, you should be able to see the big picture, live somewhat within your means (unless u live in an over priced :censored2:hole). If you do this there is no reason why at 35/40 if you started driving young, you should have a house or two paid off. Once you reach that point the world is at your finger tips.

My wife and I have decided to not have children due to mostly my work schedule at ups, I think lots more ups drivers need to go this route, pay off your :censored2:, and at 35/40 you can be debt free and ready to start the second half of your life.

Faceplanted

That’s Such an ignorant statement to make. It has nothing to do with settling, it has to do with having different priorities then a 3000sq foot house, and a f250 king ranch. Just because some are more content living in the “country” on a property that is much cheaper more self sufficient, and have different interests than working all day doesn’t make them mediocre. I would actually argue that we are mediocre for falling into materialism and doing what ever we can to buy the :censored2: we been brainwashed to think is valuable.

I’m appreciative very much so about our pay, and bene package. But the more you make the more you spend. When you have more time you can follow your passions. I’m actually very skilled at other types of things and have been educated on these, but I literally don’t have time to monetize these skills. The bad thing about this job is that due to our 9am start and even being on the 9.5 list, even living extremely close to my hub I don’t get home until 7:30ish. Another hour or two would allow me to follow up on these skills and be able to take on actual work.

I noticed in General this job has made me and most of my other co workers lazy, nobody does their own yard, nobody is even motivated to go out and socialize with friends/people during the week, and it even gets to a point where on the weekend it seems like a task.

I have lots of friends who work from home or just have to be at the office for a few hours, they make half what I make, but they have time to do freelance work or do the family thing. The average ups driver is too caught up on money because it’s the only way to cope our working situation.

I have realized the downfalls of this job and the positives If your smart, you should be able to see the big picture, live somewhat within your means (unless u live in an over priced :censored2:hole). If you do this there is no reason why at 35/40 if you started driving young, you should have a house or two paid off. Once you reach that point the world is at your finger tips.

My wife and I have decided to not have children due to mostly my work schedule at ups, I think lots more ups drivers need to go this route, pay off your :censored2:, and at 35/40 you can be debt free and ready to start the second half of your life.
I decided to.take.thr overtime and let my wife be a stay at home mom

I wouldn't trade that for anything

Faceplanted

I decided to.take.thr overtime and let my wife be a stay at home mom

I wouldn't trade that for anything
That’s the right thing to do imo.....

the thing is most women are pretty low iq, want items and stuff, and listen too much to bs from their friends or just society in general telling them if your not an INDEPENSENT WOOOMANZ you failed.

My wife has a career that she enjoys. Not gonna happen in our current situation

I enjoy driving a lot believe it or not, I enjoyed it much more when I started driving well over a decade ago and it was the norm to be home at 6/6:30