Have a good Labor Day

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Took Friday off. Went to Ct. For a day trip. Today, tried to get my old farm tractor going. Will try again tomorrow. Almost time for dragging out wood

trickpony1

Some people forget that in the old days people worked 12 hour days, 7 days a week. The work environment was very unsafe. There were no child labor laws. There were no benefits such as insurance, vacations etc.

The nasty 'ol unions changed that.

THANKS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They are running a sort in my building today, Labor Day.
It was reported that the supervisors were telling these employees that their attendance is mandatory.
Not sure whether the Local agreed to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
They already agreed to allow the company to extend the vacation replacement period (aka seasonal) for a week.
SMH

They are running a sort in my building today, Labor Day.
It was reported that the supervisors were telling these employees that their attendance is mandatory.
Not sure whether the Local agreed to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
They already agreed to allow the company to extend the vacation replacement period (aka seasonal) for a week.
SMH
And what did the members get back on return? Any discipline or warning letters dropped?

image.jpeg
Some people forget that in the old days people worked 12 hour days, 7 days a week. The work environment was very unsafe. There were no child labor laws. There were no benefits such as insurance, vacations etc.

The nasty 'ol unions changed that.

THANKS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And what did the members get back on return? Any discipline or warning letters dropped?
I don't know, perhaps?
Maybe some future consideration?

Either way, I don't subscribe to the notion of trading favors in regards to contractual issues.

Why should the righteous have to sacrifice for those who have chosen a different path?

It's a slippery slope, and once you get that "horse trader" label as an agent, the company has you in their pocket.

Think about it, every time the company finds themselves behind the 8 ball on a block of grievances, all they have to do is manufacture some discipline for "trade".

I don't know, perhaps?
Maybe some future consideration?

Either way, I don't subscribe to the notion of trading favors in regards to contractual issues.

Why should the righteous have to sacrifice for those who have chosen a different path?

It's a slippery slope, and once you get that "horse trader" label as an agent, the company has you in their pocket.

Think about it, every time the company finds themselves behind the 8 ball on a block of grievances, all they have to do is manufacture some discipline for "trade".
I agree
I don't like when they make deals either.

oldupsman

I have a friend who works in feeders who signed up to work today.
Why? Well he had no plans and he's getting paid $ 100 an hour today.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where does the contract allow for that provision, in the "vacation replacement" language ?

-Bug-
Where does the contract forbid the Local from entering into these type of "extra contractual agreements"?

I don't think it does, but the Labor Board may have something to say about it?

I see it as unconscionable, considering the company already has carte blanche in regards to off street, non-union drivers for 6 and a half months of the year.

We need to vigilantly protect the remaining 5 and half months.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Where does the contract forbid the Local from entering into these type of "extra contractual agreements"?

It's National Language.

ARTICLE 2. SCOPE OF THE AGREEMENT

Section 2. Riders

"Present Supplements, Riders and Addenda shall remain in effect.

Any new Supplement, Rider or Addendum, or changes to Supplements, Riders or Addenda or in the contract affiliation of any Local Union covered by this Agreement must be submitted to the Joint National Negotiating Committee for review and approval. Failure to be approved by the Committee shall render said Supplement, Rider or Addendum null and void."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

The Central Region language allows for it.... for seasonal's.

The vacation replacement language does not.

Any vacation replacement employee not granted seniority after Labor Day....

should file a grievance. If denied, file Labor Board charges.

-Bug-

It's National Language.

Section 2. Riders

Any new Supplement, Rider or Addendum, or changes to Supplements, Riders or Addenda or in the contract affiliation of any Local Union covered by this Agreement must be submitted to the Joint National Negotiating Committee for review and approval. Failure to be approved by the Committee shall render said Supplement, Rider or Addendum null and void."

-Bug-
Bam. Now that was free advice. Lol

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It's National Language.

Section 2. Riders

-Bug-
Did he send the PayPal payment or was that you doing charity work